Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

for creating and maintaining lag
Are many people here using the PBS? Jeff Evans, a member of this forum invented it. One of the last pieces I really had to work on in my swing was maintaining my leverage longer. For the S&Ters here, I would lose my flying wedge from time to time. Mostly because I simply didn't know how to maintain it. Practicing with the PBS really made a difference.

A lot of training aids will force you into a position to give you a feeling. But once the aid is gone you don't really know how you got there. The PBS doesn't force you into anything. What it does is teaches you the feeling neccessary to create and hold as much as lag as you want to. The longer you want to hold it, simply maintain pressure on the PBS longer. It is pretty simple. And once you have the feeling, you can do it just as easily without the aid as you can with it.

Anyway I highly reccomend this aid to anyone who is not already using it. If you want to learn the proper feeling for maintaining your angles, you have to learn to do it through pressure point #3, and the PBS really did it for me.

Jeff was also really helpfull and answered a couple questions for me when I first recieved it in the mail. I have no business affiliation with him, but his product is the real deal and I wanted make sure everyone here at least considers it.

(I have some before videos, and as soon as we get our hardware back up and running I will post a before and after video with the PBS. The angles are soooo much better)

www.pureballstriker.com is the site if you are interested. Best part is they are CHEAP!

not really sure from the site how it works. How does it work to maintain angle?

This training device senses the individuals feeling of Clubhead Lag Pressure. The angles that you maybe referring to are released! The pressure is maintained throughtout the motion. The Clubhead Lag Pressure is misunderstood, it is the feeling of the lagging clubhead not the holding of angles. Sustain the clubhead lag pressure and sustain the line of compression. The line of compression starts at impact and goes through to separation.

Sustain the line of compression and control your power!

Mr. Hogan talks about this HERE you may find more information here. Have any question you may PM me I am happy to help.

• Thanks 1

I find that taking thumb and fore finger off club (bottom hand) does the same thing.It forces you to use your body rotation to square up club

This is an outstanding drill we use it in our golf schools. However, the Pure Ball Striker is not the same thing as taking the index finger and thumb off club.

Although it is still a great drill!

I love the PBS too....honestly use it every day....the true secret to the game.....when the shaft is stressed by weight of a clubhead resisting a change of direction or other velocity source the pressure is felt in your right hand index finger and should be maintained to produce a constant rate of acceleration and a solid shot....this is why swinging heavy clubs produces more clubhead speed for alot of folks...it increases the pressure on your right hand index finger due to the increased weight and if you keep that same amount of high pressure with a normal driver w/ a 65 gram shaft it will produce faster speed...got to keep that pressure there until the ball is gone.

This pressure(secret) doesn't have to be isolated to your right index finger....some feel it in their left armpit....some their right hand pressing on to their left hand thump....and others in the last three fingers of their left hand....or all of the above....it is recommended to feel it and direct it with your right index finger because the benefits of plane tracing of the right forearm and index finger are quite beneficial.

If you maintain a clubhead lag pressure point....have clubface control with your left wrist....and trace your sweetspot through the ball....let me know before we make the bets :rolleyes:

I love the PBS too....honestly use it every day....the true secret to the game.....when the shaft is stressed by weight of a clubhead resisting a change of direction or other velocity source the pressure is felt in your right hand index finger and should be maintained to produce a constant rate of acceleration and a solid shot....this is why swinging heavy clubs produces more clubhead speed for alot of folks...it increases the pressure on your right hand index finger due to the increased weight and if you keep that same amount of high pressure with a normal driver w/ a 65 gram shaft it will produce faster speed...got to keep that pressure there until the ball is gone.

This pressure(secret) doesn't have to be isolated to your right index finger....some feel it in their left armpit....some their right hand pressing on to their left hand thump....and others in the last three fingers of their left hand....or all of the above....it is recommended to feel it and direct it with your right index finger because the benefits of plane tracing of the right forearm and index finger are quite beneficial.

If you maintain a clubhead lag pressure point....have clubface control with your left wrist....and trace your sweetspot through the ball....let me know before we make the bets :rolleyes:

Doc,

You said it very well!

not really sure from the site how it works. How does it work to maintain angle?

The guys have pretty much covered it. But like I said in my original post. IT does not work to maintain your angle. It teaches you the feeling neccessary. You must have pressure point #3 loaded (trigger finger pressure point) in order to get the desired impact position, and this training aid teaches you how to feel and use that pressure point.

Worked with my PBS today....it also occured to me that when you use the device correctly you get the added benefit of feeling more of the right palm/left thumb (PP1 for the machiners) pressure point.

Great point it does help with #1 pressure point as well as #3 PP. This is a great to device for both Hitters and Swingers.

Worked with my PBS today....it also occured to me that when you use the device correctly you get the added benefit of feeling more of the right palm/left thumb (PP1 for the machiners) pressure point.

I too noticed an enhanced feeling with PP#1. Added bonus in my book. But the work it does with PP#3 still takes the cake for me. Good observation.

Once the player arrives at the top of their backswing they can have a good start-down waggle and deliver the Pure Ball Striker towards the bottom of the arc.

It is a golfing impartive to have clubhead lag pressure and this clubhead lag pressure can be illusive. However, once the player can locate it, this pressure can be Loaded, Stored and Maintained creating better ball strikes.

Once the player arrives at the top of their backswing they can have a good start-down waggle and deliver the Pure Ball Striker towards the bottom of the arc.

It is a golfing impartive to have clubhead lag pressure and this clubhead lag pressure can be illusive. However, once the player can locate it, this pressure can be Loaded, Stored and Maintained creating better ball strikes.

Perfectly said. I found that once I was able to locate it, I was able to do all of the above better and with more understainding of how they each work (load, store, and maintain).

this training aid actually looks interesting up till now the only swing aid i have bought was the speed stick.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Well, I just ordered one. Was kinda "surprised" that the shipping cost was $6.95 for such a small looking item. Here's hoping that this item can really help me out with my golf swing ("specially" with my dreaded FADE to SLICE problems... fingers crossed!)

I think you will be very happy with you buy. If you have any question once you receive your Pure Ball Striker just PM me.

Well, I just ordered one. Was kinda "surprised" that the shipping cost was $6.95 for such a small looking item. Here's hoping that this item can really help me out with my golf swing ("specially" with my dreaded FADE to SLICE problems... fingers crossed!)

I think you will be very happy with you buy. If you have any question once you receive your Pure Ball Striker just PM me.

Thanx for the encouraging words Mr. Evans. Hopefully I can figure IT out w/o having to pester u about it.

Thanx for the encouraging words Mr. Evans. Hopefully I can figure IT out w/o having to pester u about it.

I quickly figured out that to him it is not pestering at all. He actually enjoys helping. Don't be shy, because used correctly this tool can help alot!

Was tempted to buy it, but turns out you can make one from tin foil that works great

Not sure about your point? Do you know something that we don't? Did you come up with the tin foil idea yourself? BTW Jeff is willing to help others do you have the answers about clubhead lag pressure? If so can you help us understand it better?

No I was just saying that while yes its a great product, if you want you can make your own out of tin foil for about 10 cents that gets the same feeling, I think Jeff's product is great but i was just adding to the thread the fact that you can make one and get the feeling of lag pressure without paying 15 dollars+S/H which sucks if you are shipping internationally