LUX Putters... What's YOUR story? What's the story behind your putter?

Ogre41 ·  
Ogre41Ogre41 Ijamsville, MDMembers  1200WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,200 Platinum Tees
Well, with all of the stuff going on in the old LUX thread (and it's being handled very nicely by both main parties involved) it got me to thinking about why I bought the putter in the first place. The putter was to commemorate the birth of my daughter, Mallory, who I am just gaga for. It has her name and birthdate on it with the words "Daddy's Girl" on the sole. I originally intended it to be a display piece only (not what I told my wife though, she is not into displaying clubs) but that changed when I saw the head shape up close. I just liked the look too much not to use it and I have been putting it into my rotation. Now that I have a grip I like the feel of on it, I se it being used a lot more. I even have a custom Golfwrx.com Flying Tiger cover being made up in purple to match the paintfill I chose. I think that will be a great addition to a putter I already adore. Friends from work have suggested that when she's old enough, I give the putter to Mallory. I kinda like that idea. I know what you all are thinking, give one away, you get to buy a new one. And that may very well happen, but it is a sickness (the putter hoarding) that I have already tried to break once unsuccessfully. I will post pictures of the putter (and the cover when it arrives) as soon as I can find the digital camera and get a few of it. I guess I should do a new WITB as well being that a lot of that has changed as well. Thanks for reading. So what's the story behind your putter?
Posted:
Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Comments

• cjordan01cjordan01 Charter Members  513WRX Points: 0Posts: 513
    I have my own version of my girls on my LUX putter.

The hosel says My Girls

On the sole it has both of my daighters names with their birthdays under them on the toe of the sole. Then on the heel of the sole it has my wife's name and our anniversary(as putting her birthdate would have been a I get to sleep on the couch offense)

Other than that it has LUX and Putters on the bumpers and my last name in the cavity.

I have it to game, and it is currently in a fight with a torched Wrightsville and a Sunset Beach Prototype head to see who stays in the bag.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • *sigh**sigh* Go Sun Devils! Members  862WRX Points: 55Posts: 862 Bunkers
    Well mine isn't quite as touching as your guys' :p But I got my lux to complete my bag theme. Arizona State image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

A nice black polymer finish with Maroon/Gold/White Paintfil and then some ASU stamping.

It gets gamed regularly, I got back and forth between it and my Ping Anser 2f2 that I just got refinished.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.