Golf management literature

AirTime23 ·  
AirTime23AirTime23 Members  523WRX Points: 72Posts: 523 Golden Tee
Joined:  edited Sep 30, 2008 in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1
Are there any PGM or other golf management students out there, who could help me with some proper literature on that topic?

Books would be cool, electronic documents/websites even better, as I'm not quite sure how easy it would be to get those books here in Germany...

I already have read McCarty's 'Best golf course management practices' and Beard's 'Turf Management', which are both fine but concentrate more on the turf management than actual economic management.

Cheers,

joe
Posted:

Comments

• lhsgolfer2lhsgolfer2 Members  403WRX Points: 0Posts: 403
    Its tough to answer that because in the States the PGA of America supplies us with the necessary literature when we sign up for the PGM program, or when you register as an apprentice. I do not believe that the books we are given are available to the public, and do not know of any books specifically that focus on the business side of the game. I would try PGA of America website possibly for information.

mike
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.