Look what just showed up – my new custom Slighter!

golftech ·  
golftechgolftech Members  467WRX Points: 85Posts: 467 Greens
Didn’t Tom do a great job. He was very patient and helpful to work with (via email and phone) making sure to understand exactly what I was looking for. We talked about sound, feel, clubhead grind/shape, cavity grind, face thickness, flange depth, hosel shape and amount of offset, shaft flex, etc….

In the end Tom Slighter made me a great looking putter. It has just the right deep sound, solid feel, great weight and balance. The roll off the milled face is excellent. I can’t wait to roll it on the course.
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rb83993rb83993 Members  1359WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,359
    Very nice! What is the finish? Is it different on the sole?
    Posted:
    Cobra Fly Z, Fubuki
    Cobra Fly Z 3 wood
    18 Cobra DWS
    PING Rapture Hy 21
    PING G series 5-pw
    PING Glide 56
    Odyssey Milled #9
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members  6562WRX Points: 66Posts: 6,562 Titanium Tees
    Very nice looking putter!
    Posted:
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • FG51sFG51s Members  168WRX Points: 0Posts: 168
    A+ image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fool:' />
    Posted:
  • mesegrnmesegrn mesegrn GeorgiaMembers  1152WRX Points: 132Posts: 1,152 Platinum Tees
    Sweet putter my friend! Congrats!
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    What is the headweight? It looks good.
    Posted:
  • golftechgolftech Members  467WRX Points: 85Posts: 467 Greens
    indyplayer wrote on Oct 4 2008, 08:37 PM:
    Very nice! What is the finish? Is it different on the sole?

Sole is a high polish of the stainless steel. The rest of the putter is a non-glare satin, but per my request darker than his normal satin finish.

502 to Right wrote on Oct 4 2008, 10:30 PM:
    What is the headweight? It looks good.

I haven't pulled the shaft, but feels about 360ish. I requested 360-370 range. It has about 4:30-5 o'clock toe hang also.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.