Red X3 vs. Squareback/Fastback

Phocus ·  
PhocusPhocus Members  169WRX Points: 0Posts: 169
I'm thinking of getting my first Scotty Cameron putter after trying a Red X3 for a few holes. I have always used mallets and like the SBST putting stroke. Any Red X3 experienced users out there have opinions on the new squareback or fastback? I read the latter are more face balanced than the X3.

I've also tried the MacGregor Bobby Grace Sunset in the store and it felt very good with a SBST stroke. It's hard to really judge any of these putters on the store's putting surface though.
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    I used my X5 all season, love the thing. It's going to take something quite phenomenal to knock it out. But I too am eying either the squareback or fastback. I'd like to at least give them a roll and see what's up. Sorry I can't compare for you....but I'd like to know the same things.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.