2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

How Long Have You Had Your Irons?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My irons are actually the second set of the same model and have (in the case of the 4-PW) been in the bag for perhaps 18 months or so. My long irons are from the original set and have been in play for over 6 years now.

'If it ain't broke...' and all that... ;)

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

My irons are actually the second set of the same model and have (in the case of the 4-PW) been in the bag for perhaps 18 months or so. My long irons are from the original set and have been in play for over 6 years now.

'If it ain't broke...' and all that... ;)

haha so true, but i can never seen to keep a driver for longer than 2 seasons

Same here - but with putters in my case.

With the number of makeable 10-20 footers that slide by, I'm happy describing them as very much being 'broke...'

Never mind 2 seasons. 2 months is a marathon session for a putter in my bag.

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Oldest set, about 15 years.

Newest set, about 15 days.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I've had my Taylor Made R7 Tp's since October last year, just sold my Miura's - so looking for some new stuff soon ;)

Ping S57 coming up next week - and a combo set of Mizzy Mp52/Mp62 is in the horizon together with a set of combo custom set of $cratch irons early next year (Spring 2009)

2009 will be a good year for me golfing wise, I'd like to think and hope :cheesy:

Usually I don't have iron sets for more than a year - but I don't doubt people, when they tell me, that I should stick with the same set for 2-3 seasons, because it would make be an even more solid ball striker with my irons :cheesy:

I've had my Taylor Made R7 Tp's since October last year, just sold my Miura's - so looking for some new stuff soon ;)

Ping S57 coming up next week - and a combo set of Mizzy Mp52/Mp62 is in the horizon together with a set of combo custom set of $cratch irons early next year (Spring 2009)

2009 will be a good year for me golfing wise, I'd like to think and hope :cheesy:

Usually I don't have iron sets for more than a year - but I don't doubt people, when they tell me, that I should stick with the same set for 2-3 seasons, because it would make be an even more solid ball striker with my irons :cheesy:

im loving the way how you've got them all planned out :cheesy:

ive hit the S57's and they feel amazing but only problem was that i was hitting

them too high so staying with my x tours for the moment :cheesy:

Sad to say but its been a busy year for irons and me. I now have a primary set and 2 backup sets, can't decide between the two. Primary are MB TPs, backups are MP-60s and Z101s. All bought since June. :cheesy:

nice choices but how cant you decide which one is for you?

plus when im older i hope i'll have enough money to buy 4 sets of irons within 4 months ;)

I've had my Taylor Made R7 Tp's since October last year, just sold my Miura's - so looking for some new stuff soon :cheesy:

2009 will be a good year for me golfing wise, I'd like to think and hope :)

Usually I don't have iron sets for more than a year - but I don't doubt people, when they tell me, that I should stick with the same set for 2-3 seasons, because it would make be an even more solid ball striker with my irons :yes:

im loving the way how you've got them all planned out :D

them too high so staying with my x tours for the moment :yes:

Ok, I bought the Ping S58 in 2006 but sold them last year and bought the TM R7 Tp's - I prefer to have cast set of irons & wedges in my winter/rain bag and 1 or 2 sets of forged irons and a set of forged custom made Scratch TD wedges in my main summer bag :cheesy:

Hit my friends S58 with the KBS Tour Taper shafts installed and this combo works great for me in this head. So figured the S57 would work out great too with the KBS Tour Taper shaft - so have a set of PingWRX S57 coming up in 1-2 weeks from DiscountDans Golf and PingWRX. They tried to talk PingWRX into changing the orange paintfill to standard silver - don't know if PingWRX did that to them, which would make them pretty special :yes:

Won't get any new forged irons or wedges until Spring 2009 comes in April.

Right now I consider a combo of the new Tourstage X-Blade 2009 701G Cb and 701 Cb series or a combo of Mizzy Mp52/Mp62.

I already regret selling my Miura Cb-202, but got such a great offfer on them that I basically can buy a breand new set oin the US for the price I got for them (in my country the Miura's cost 2½ times what they cost in the US, the buyer obviously didn't know that or didn't care)

I expect my PingWRX S57 to perform great with the new KBS Tour Taper shafts.

I change from Ping to TM back to Ping and to TM again, when it comes to cast irons. Both companies make great performing and looking CAST players cavity back irons ;) :cheesy:

First I had the TM Rac LT's in 2004, then Ping I5's in 2005, then Rac LT II's in 2006 and then Ping S58 in 2006. Then TM R7 Tp's in 2007 and now Ping S57 in 2008 :cheesy:

When it comes to forged irons I've had some kind of Miura and Mizuno ever since 2006.

I'm looking closely at Epon, Tourstage and Scratch at the moment. Alaways new pimping hoing plans :cheesy:

Must admit that the new Tourstage X-Blade 2009 701G Cb and 701 Cb series looks tempting to me....... :cheesy:

xblade701large.jpg

xblade701glarge.jpg

I've had my Taylor Made R7 Tp's since October last year, just sold my Miura's - so looking for some new stuff soon :cheesy:

Usually I don't have iron sets for more than a year - but I don't doubt people, when they tell me, that I should stick with the same set for 2-3 seasons, because it would make be an even more solid ball striker with my irons :yes:

Ok, I bought the Ping S58 in 2006 but sold them last year and bought the TM R7 Tp's - I prefer to have cast set of irons & wedges in my winter/rain bag and 1 or 2 sets of forged irons and a set of forged custom made Scratch TD wedges in my main summer bag :cheesy:

Hit my friends S58 with the KBS Tour Taper shafts installed and this combo works great for me in this head. So figured the S57 would work out great too with the KBS Tour Taper shaft - so have a set of PingWRX S57 coming up in 1-2 weeks from DiscountDans Golf and PingWRX. They tried to talk PingWRX into changing the orange paintfill to standard silver - don't know if PingWRX did that to them, which would make them pretty special :yes:

Right now I consider a combo of the new Tourstage X-Blade 2009 701G Cb and 701 Cb series or a combo of Mizzy Mp52/Mp62.

I already regret selling my Miura Cb-202, but got such a great offfer on them that I basically can buy a breand new set oin the US for the price I got for them (in my country the Miura's cost 2½ times what they cost in the US, the buyer obviously didn't know that or didn't care)

I change from Ping to TM back to Ping and to TM again, when it comes to cast irons. Both companies make great performing and looking CAST players cavity back irons ;) :cheesy:

First I had the TM Rac LT's in 2004, then Ping I5's in 2005, then Rac LT II's in 2006 and then Ping S58 in 2006. Then TM R7 Tp's in 2007 and now Ping S57 in 2008 :cheesy:

When it comes to forged irons I've had some kind of Miura and Mizuno ever since 2006.

I'm looking closely at Epon, Tourstage and Scratch at the moment. Alaways new pimping hoing plans :cheesy:

Must admit that the new Tourstage X-Blade 2009 701G Cb and 701 Cb series looks tempting to me....... :cheesy:

xblade701large.jpg

xblade701glarge.jpg

Those Tourstage Blades are some nice looking sticks :D

how much would a set of those cost (3-Pw)

Dont know if you've seen these yet but the new nike vr blades and wedges

look really sweet and i cant wait to give them a hit when they finally are released

xblade701large.jpg

xblade701glarge.jpg

Those Tourstage Blades are some nice looking sticks :D

how much would a set of those cost (3-Pw)

Dont know if you've seen these yet but the new nike vr blades and wedges

look really sweet and i cant wait to give them a hit when they finally are released

I have a lot of respect for Nike stuff - but some how I'm a traditional guy, and I don't quite like the combined satin and silver chrome finish on the new Nike irons. I think it will get scratched too easily, don't you ?

I had a Nike driver and the Nike T60 3 wood back in 2005 (T60 was one great 3 wood) - but I mostly buy Nike tennis stuff (I'm a crazy tennis player too) and love their Nike Golf polo shirts in sweat wicking material too (Nike Sphere dry polos are awesome - better than my Lacoste, BOSS, Ralph Lauren, J Lindeberg and Fred Perry polos - much better fit also)

Not so much into Nike golf clubs yet, but I know Nike Golf is coming very strong - and I wouldn't be surprised if I have some kind of Nike golf club in my bag within the next couple of years.......currently just think Titleist, TM, Cally, Mizuno, Miura, Scratch, Epon, Tourstage, Srixon, Bridgestone & other OEM's make such great golf gear, that Nike isn't top of my wish list. But that can and will probably change......

The Tourstage irons can only be imported from Japan/Asia - and they are on the expensive side, same as Miura in price. If I'll buy them, I'll get them from Chris at www.TourSpecGolf.com

They will cost $975 and this is only for the 5-PW set. Miura's are the same price for 5-PW. They are forged by Endo, same company that forges Cally X-Forged, Bridgestone irons, some Titleist irons and all irons from the Epon series.

Since last Tuesday. ;)

But it's about the tenth time it's found it's way into the bag since I acquired it.

In all honesty, of the eight putters I've currently got, three of them (an Anser 2, a Newport MilSpec and that TEi3) account for about 90% of the bag time. The others flatter to deceive a bit and give me something to hang the spare headcovers on in the cupboard.

I've said for a long time that the best thing I can do for my putting is to give them all away and just keep one (probably the Anser 2) to remove the temptation of poncing about and changing them every few weeks...

Since last Tuesday. ;)

But it's about the tenth time it's found it's way into the bag since I acquired it.

In all honesty, of the eight putters I've currently got, three of them (an Anser 2, a Newport MilSpec and that TEi3) account for about 90% of the bag time. The others flatter to deceive a bit and give me something to hang the spare headcovers on in the cupboard.

I've said for a long time that the best thing I can do for my putting is to give them all away and just keep one (probably the Anser 2) to remove the temptation of poncing about and changing them every few weeks...

yea plus you'd make some money if you sold the others :cheesy:

me personally i never really change putters, before i got my scotty (last month)

i was playing a odyssey white steel rossie for 3 years

I can't decide because I like them all for different reasons and just haven't been able to get rid of any. If I play a lot I love blades and if I don't I need more forgiveness. To make matters worse I just bought a set of Cleveland TA3s to play clubmaker with, probably shafting them with Black Golds. I put KB Tour shafts in the Z101s and I haven't been able to dial in the clubwieght yet, but love the feel. You are right, all really nice irons and all deserve a great home.

I have had my ISI-Ss since 2002 but they are now for sale on the 'bay. I just got my G10s this week and can't wait to play a round with them.

[size=3]PING G400 Max 9° Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60S
Callaway GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 450 ES F4
Callaway GBB Epic 3, 4 UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue 5-AW True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300
PING Glide 2.0 54° SS, 58° ES AWT 2.0
Toulon Garage Columbus
TaylorMade 2017 TP5[/size]

I have had my ISI-Ss since 2002 but they are now for sale on the 'bay. I just got my G10s this week and can't wait to play a round with them.

the g10's are some nice feeling set of sticks

i demo'd the 5 and 7 on the course when they first came out and those things were crazy

long (for me any way) was hitting the 7 close to 200 yards

the only reason why i didnt get them or the i10's was because i couldnt really shape shots well with them... which at my home course a lot of shot shapes are sometimes needed

anyway hope you enjoy your new g10's and as always

hit em' straight ;)

i've had mine for 1 year and 3 months..Looking to get the new Nike vr blades this spring!!!cant wait!!!

Nike Vr Tour 9.5. GD AD-DI 6S
Nike Dymo 15. BB 63S. Nike SQ2 19.UST V2
Nike Vr Forged SC 5-P. KBS Tour
Nike Vr Pro 50, 54. DG S400
Scratch Forged 58 GR8 grind. KBS Tour
Nike Method MCi3. Iomic White Midsize

I have had my current adams irons since Dec 2007 before that I had some after puberty Titleist Dci 962 that I was gaming since the late 90's my Sw has been in the bag for 13= years going to get replaced soon. The driver and putter are on their own

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]