college golf

Gsimonds ·  
GsimondsGsimonds Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
hi, i am a sophomore in high school. i really want to go to a school like duke to play golf. i have a 3.9 handicap but i am improving. is duke a possibility or am i dreaming. also what should i do to put myself out there for coaches to see. thank you
Posted:

Comments

• Pinehurst1999Pinehurst1999 Members  2173WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,173
    Duke is quite a stretch right now with a 3.9, but you are only a soph. so there is still time to get better. The better question is what kind of grades and scores you have if you want to get into Duke. They will not take you on golf alone like many other schools and conferences.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 7D2 7D2 Members  739WRX Points: 60Posts: 739 Golden Tee
    I Think it is not out of the question but, you need to get in tourneys like AJGA FCWT ect. you have to get noticed, try sending the coach an email, never hurts
    Posted:
  • Pinehurst1999Pinehurst1999 Members  2173WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,173
    getyoursrixon wrote on Nov 2 2008, 10:16 PM:
    I Think it is not out of the question but, you need to get in tourneys like AJGA FCWT ect. you have to get noticed, try sending the coach an email, never hurts

Definately contact the coach early and let him know you are interested. That is often missed and coachs can not find every potential player out there...it went a long way for my college scouting.
    Posted:
  • GsimondsGsimonds Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
    thank you
    Posted:
  • golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    It not out of reach but you're gonna have to get a gpa of about 4.5 or so and start winning national tournaments. lol i have already counted them out
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.