2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Which Putter Would You Order Today

MizunoManMP

I have 350 club bucks that expire at the end of the month
As this is my first post I'm not sure how well this will work but I'm hoping that this community can help me out with a dilemma.

Every club in my bag is new as of last spring, heck the bag is new too. I have this course credit accumulated and unfortunately it has an expiration date. I haven't had the time to research any putters because I simply don't have the time right now. Hopefully you guys can point me into a direction that will expedite my search.

I currently game a Studio Style 2.5

Before that I had the first gen. White hot in a similar style

I'm thinking of switching to a mallet putter but I won't consider the awkward 3 ball thing or the taylormade spider thing. I can't get used to those styles at all. So I'm looking for a more simple looking design.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I think 350 bucks should buy me just about whatever, but lets try to keep the price below that. These tough economic times doesn't make me relish forking out any more money than I have. You get me?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rife barbados

cameron select squareback or fastback or cameron red X

ping redwood piper

mizuno bettinardi bc3

machine m2a converter with attatchments, if you want to spend a little more though

odyssey white hot tour #5 or rossie

theres a lot of good mallets out there, definately check the rife barbados if you can

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

You can always try a new Cameron Studio Select Fastback or Squareback if you want a "mallet" type configuration. They are readily available at most golf shops so you could try one out first.

Lots of nice boutique putters to choose from too... Slighter, Byron, TP Mills, Gold's Factory, etc. It will be harder to "test drive" them first, but if you look around the Forums here you should be able to get some great ideas.

I also have a SC Studio putter -- which I love, but if I were to buy another, it would be one of the "Yes" putters. I have friends playing professionally that switched this year to "Yes," and their putting improved significantly. I don't know all the model names, but there is a variety of styles to select from, e.g., mallet, etc.

If you looking for a putter that is purely function maybe you could check out the Ping Craz-E style. For the past several years I have played off a single digit with putting being my weak point. Since I got the Craz-E G2i those 5 footers are no longer a knee knocker. Heck, for $350.00 you can get some nice foul weather gear plus a Ping Craz-E .

As this is my first post I'm not sure how well this will work but I'm hoping that this community can help me out with a dilemma.

Every club in my bag is new as of last spring, heck the bag is new too. I have this course credit accumulated and unfortunately it has an expiration date. I haven't had the time to research any putters because I simply don't have the time right now. Hopefully you guys can point me into a direction that will expedite my search.

I'm thinking of switching to a mallet putter but I won't consider the awkward 3 ball thing or the taylormade spider thing. I can't get used to those styles at all. So I'm looking for a more simple looking design.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I think 350 bucks should buy me just about whatever, but lets try to keep the price below that. These tough economic times doesn't make me relish forking out any more money than I have. You get me?

Thanks in advance

I would check with the golf shop as I am guessing it is shop credit. You may be restricted to who they have accounts with at the golf club. Since I don't know if that is the situation or not, I cannot say for sure. But in my experience members with shop credit were restricted to order merchandise from accounts that we had at the golf club, unless the company was able to bill the golf club for a one time order.

If that is your situation then you might need to check with the pro as to where you can order from.

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

a custom putter would be cool, where would i go to see the different models and options?

I really suggest a Byron. There is a thread I started in the Putter Forum here with a lot of awesome examples and ideas for you. I doubt the shop would pay for a putter like this for you, but if they do, you gotta look at a Byron Morgan first!

Thanks in advance

If you want to go experiement with the mallet style, a small mallet might be the safest bet. Lots of good ones suggested here: The Bettinardi Mizuno BC-3 and 5 looks especially nice. Guerin Rife has some very nice putters, especially in the pipeline and would be worth looking into. Minimally you should be able to put in a pre-order for anything that's not immediately available. I've had some great luck with a Gauge Design. You could have your pro shop get in touch with Whitlam Putters for something similar. Byron Morgan has an especially nice putter, not the channelback, but a more refined small mallet with nicer lines. Just pay attention to how you want the face to balance out: face-balanced -vs- toe hang. Coming from a Newport 2.5, you might have an easier time and less learning curve with something with more toe hang, like a DelMar 3.5 (Wilson TPA 18) or Byron with a Rincon neck.

Now, if you want to go with something more similar to your current putter, there are PLENTY of putters that you might enjoy more than your current gamer. My personal choice is a PING Anser 4. You can have it custom made to your preference in a week or two with your choice of finish, tungsten weighting, face milling, shaft style, grip, not to mention loft, lie, length, and any number of other custom options. The Mizuno Bettinardi BB-1 is fairly similar in appearance as well. The Byron Design 006 (again, with the Rincon neck) is an option I'd also recommend extremely highly, especially if you like a heavier weight and a more solid feel. If you want to go with slightly softer lines and softer feel (yet still solid), TP Mills has some great offerings that will appear similar at address. Tons of choices out there, you just need to keep your eyes wide open and figure what more you're looking for...then close your eyes after you make your decision because there's always more to be had. ;)

:hi:

350 C&L Milled putter arrives to your door at your exact specs and stamping requests in either an anser/009 style or newport 1.5 flowneck style for $279. Most importantly, the looks of the various finishes are superb, it plays dead square, and the feel is better than any other for me......that includes tour/scotty tour putters -