I have to come clean... to the GolfWRX Community...

Comments

• tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX  25621WRX Points: 801Handicap: GolfPosts: 25,621 Titanium Tees
    Hey as long as they work and treat you well, why replace them? Just have them refinished and reshafted!
    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jebbjebb Unregistered  1647WRX Points: 2Posts: 1,647 Platinum Tees
    Can you confirm the rumour that Miura worked on these mighty sticks?
    Posted:
    That Aint Billy Bob!!
  • Southside StrikerSouthside Striker Members  281WRX Points: 0Posts: 281
    Oh gosh. for a second there I thought those said Mizuno...
    Posted:
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick FloridaMembers, ClubWRX  5406WRX Points: 172Posts: 5,406 Titanium Tees
    Southside Striker wrote on Dec 24 2008, 05:25 PM:

I don't want to ruin your holidays, but, well, they do say Mizuno....
    Posted:
  • forgedforeverforgedforever Members  1752WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,752 Platinum Tees
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 04:31 PM:
    Southside Striker wrote on Dec 24 2008, 05:25 PM:

I don't want to ruin your holidays, but, well, they do say Mizuno....

image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> Hey HeadonaStick, maybe it's just me but I'm betting more than a few people on here are gonna be ready to party with you soon!
    Posted:
  • Ham SoloHam Solo I'm watching you! Members  1082WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,082
    Send them to Kwok for a makeover. LOL!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • kokogirlkokogirl Members  386WRX Points: 0Posts: 386
    You are funny. One guy here has "the ball doesn't know what hit it" in his sig. But if you can shoot in the 70's with those, I am sure there is another set out there for you! (Maybe I should try your clubs...)
    Posted:
  • robb01robb01 Members  1361WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,361
    very entertaining thread
    Posted:
  • RNFRNF Members  303WRX Points: 0Posts: 303
    I have good news and GREAT news for you!

First the good news: Here and Here are some Tour XP's for sale.

Now for the GREAT news. Apparently Mizuno has yet to retire the Tour XP's. Here is the "retired" Mizuno irons list for the horse's mouth......maybe you can get them in "gunmetal"?

Seriously though, just get the ball in the hole as quick as you can.
    Posted:
  • thruzekthruzek Members  71WRX Points: 0Posts: 71
    If you feel bad about the beastly looking clubs, get some Ping Eye's from Ping. They are still selling them NEW!!!!

T
    Posted:
  • ezra76ezra76 Members  3367WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,367
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 03:00 PM:
    GtownBeerBelly wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:38 PM:
    Bought a lefty set of the very same clubs (minus the six iron image/sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />) only a month ago. The iron set my ugly game deserves. Those nice Lamkin grips survive only on the three and four irons, condemning the previous owner in absentia.

Here's me, laying up just short of the fire station with the five iron.

http://www.swingacademy.com/swinganalysistool.aspx?id=2098

You wouldn't happen to know in what year they came on the market? Finding info on these clubs is tough.

I can't find the exact year (Mizuno won't discuss these gems) but I know they were released between 83 & 86. I also know the trade-in value is 20 bones. Yeah.

I had a set identical to those but they were called MRX not XP. I also wondered why I could find zero info. about them online, lol. My dad bought them for $9 at a yard sale... had to talk them down from $10 they were so **** ugly I guess, lol. Thanks for the laugh man, funny stuff. If I played you, saw you hit those ugly a$$ things all over the stick then pull out that Mills I'd be like "Oh $hit, here we go again, I've been hustled". lol.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    At least you are honest. image/bad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bad:' /> Sorry, I just puked on my computer. Whatever gets the ball in the hole the fastest is the way to go though.
    Posted:
  • Titleist87Titleist87 Members  2871WRX Points: 65Posts: 2,871 Titanium Tees
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 11:53 AM:
    Get them refinished? Those pretty ladies need a make over...

When you put lipstick on a pig, you still have, well, a pig.
    Posted:
    Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila DVS
    MacGregor MT 4w Aldila DVS
    Titleist 915H 3
    Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro/'87 Titleist Tour Model/'86 Spalding Tour Edition
    Titleist SM6 50 F Grind
    Titleist SM6 54 S Grind
    Titleist SM6 58 S Grind
    Titleist SC Studio Design 5
  • Titleist-GolferTitleist-Golfer I'd rather be driving a Titleist Northern CaliforniaMembers  3094WRX Points: 124Posts: 3,094 Titanium Tees
    I remember once I bought a Mizuno MDX driver with a steel shaft. Wasn't anywhere near the latest or greatest, but I hit it a ton and split fairways all the time. I just couldn't bring myself to keep it, even though it was the best performing. I wish I had your backbone to stick with what works! After all, the only thing that matters in the end is the score. Plus, with those clubs, you could take some serious cash off people ... you could get straight up bets off tons of people while sporting those bad boys. Take the money and keep them in the bag.
    Posted:
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Go Navy!

WITB
    Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
    Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
    Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
    Titleist 714MB 3-PW DG S300
    Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
    Titleist ProV1 2018[/font]
  • 8thehardway8thehardway Members  1907WRX Points: 69Handicap: 8Posts: 1,907 Platinum Tees
    I'm shallow. I'm not the club ho I appear to be... all the irons over the past two years have been because I'm a shallow, shallow man.

Shallowness might be your salvation.

Buy a nice new set of iron covers and ask LaMont to turn them into classy classics - I favor a Big Break look with sizable, rough-hewn grey rock against a black neoprene background.

This gives you something pleasant to look at while playing and allows you to justify telling anyone commenting on your irons that they were a tribute set made for Titanic Thompson, the Roaring Twenties version of John Daly.
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha 12.5*
    Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
    Kasco hybrid 23*
    Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
    Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
    Tom Slighter Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members  3176WRX Points: 146Posts: 3,176 Titanium Tees
    The offset on the wedge is making me nauseous .

I can tell you that you will never loose these clubs on course...

These fit in well with the lost irons, lying in the basement of the pro shop ( looking for my lost 5 iron ).

Lastly you are an honest man ......
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • 2zlinks2zlinks Members  1431WRX Points: 114Posts: 1,431 Platinum Tees
    To truely come clean you need to show us the iron covers that you use to cover those bad boys. C'mon now, you know it will feel good, its good therapy!

Come to think of it I think you would need rocket head covers for those soles.
    Posted:
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members  3176WRX Points: 146Posts: 3,176 Titanium Tees
    Naturally.

Can you imagine if these slipped and hit someone in the melon? The embarrassment in court when they showed pictures of these...

This one takes the cake for the hilarious comment of 2008 on the board .

image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Posted:
  • ZZorgZZorg Members  45WRX Points: 0Posts: 45
    This has to be the funniest post on here! I also had a set of these clubs, bought them when I first joined the Air Force. Bought them at Service Merchandise (i think that what it was called) when I went to Tech School. Had to get rid of them 'cause I always took a divot i could bury a small dog in.

Too funny, and thanks for the memories!

- Z
    Posted:
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members  5347WRX Points: 182Handicap: +3Posts: 5,347 Titanium Tees
    awesome thread
    Posted:
    PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
    PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
    TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X
  • dab36dab36 Members  186WRX Points: 77Posts: 186 Fairways
    That was funny..LOL.. What you can do to spice up the marriage: Put some Scandium shafts in there, some funky colored Lamkins or Iomics, and get the heads refurbished, grooved, and paintfilled.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • AndariegoAndariego Members  192WRX Points: 0Posts: 192
    I'm glad they have "PERIMETER WEIGHTED" stamped on them. I wouldn't have guessed otherwise....
    Posted:
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick FloridaMembers, ClubWRX  5406WRX Points: 172Posts: 5,406 Titanium Tees
    dab36 wrote on Dec 27 2008, 10:46 AM:
    That was funny..LOL.. What you can do to spice up the marriage: Put some Scandium shafts in there, some funky colored Lamkins or Iomics, and get the heads refurbished, grooved, and paintfilled.

Do you really think I am going to take these to a shop and to have that stuff done? It'd be like taking a blow-up doll on a date to a fancy restaurant.
    Posted:
    P.S. I just returned from a trip to Orlando. If there are any Ping fans here, you may want to keep an eye on the BST in a week for an "almost new" set of Pings.

That's all I'm saying...
    Posted:
  • High Plains DriverHigh Plains Driver Chip Yipper Extraordinaire Members  2381WRX Points: 126Posts: 2,381 Platinum Tees
    image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I had a set of those. In 1995 or 96. For about 10 minutes. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
    I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

[font=georgia,serif]Driver: Titleist 910 D2
    Fairway: Titleist 910F 3 & 5
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler MM 20° & 23°(The Original)
    Irons: Titleist 712 AP2 5-P
    Wedges: Vokey SM4 52° & 58°
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport
    Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
  • youngwaldoyoungwaldo NJMembers  3311WRX Points: 199Posts: 3,311 Titanium Tees
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:28 PM:
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:08 PM:
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 01:02 PM:
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 01:53 PM:

1. I don't think a respectable re-finisher would let them in the door,

2. It would be a bit like giving a five dollar hooker a makeover.

Well that hooker gives great service...

Maybe, but I wouldn't take her out in public.

texan_golf wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:11 PM:
    I want to see the woods and putter....Let me guess Titliest Howitzer driver and Titliest Star ship woods, with a Spalding Cash-in-putt...?

I'm not going to discuss the driver - its a modern one, but it is in time out for betraying me again.

My putters are behaving themselves...

Tenementrock wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:13 PM:
    let's see some of that offset.

It looks like they had to actually deform the hosel to get that much offset...

You sure with all that off set the ball doesnot hit you in the face once it get airborne?

Wk
    Posted:
    ST200G Diamana Blue D+ 60s
    ST200 TS 15* Diamana White D+ 70s
    ST3200 18* Diamana White D+ 70s
    MP20 MMC 4-PW NS PRO MOD3 Stiff
    T20 50*,54* Raw, 58* Raw NS PRO Wedge 115
    M-Craft 33"
    RS Tour

Advertisement
    youngwaldo wrote on Dec 27 2008, 09:58 PM:
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:28 PM:
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:08 PM:
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 01:02 PM:
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 01:53 PM:

1. I don't think a respectable re-finisher would let them in the door,

2. It would be a bit like giving a five dollar hooker a makeover.

Well that hooker gives great service...

Maybe, but I wouldn't take her out in public.

texan_golf wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:11 PM:
    I want to see the woods and putter....Let me guess Titliest Howitzer driver and Titliest Star ship woods, with a Spalding Cash-in-putt...?

I'm not going to discuss the driver - its a modern one, but it is in time out for betraying me again.

My putters are behaving themselves...

Tenementrock wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:13 PM:
    let's see some of that offset.

It looks like they had to actually deform the hosel to get that much offset...

You sure with all that off set the ball doesnot hit you in the face once it get airborne?

Wk

Pretty sure... although that would explain a number of other issues around here...
    Posted:
  • RightHandRough  RightHandRough Members  506WRX Points: 55Posts: 506 Bunkers
    In defense of a fellow roughed up bucky fan, I too own a crappy set of sticks that are hard to keep out of the bag. Although my Ci7's are wonderful I am yet to part with my ghastly 855's. I even shot my low round last year with these beasties. Sometimes you just have to admit that the ugly redheaded stepchild is a genius and work with it a bit. Either that or hide them in the attic like I do.......not the kid the clubs genius.
    Posted:
  • RobstevensRobstevens Members  9WRX Points: 0Posts: 9
    I too have an ugly stick thats sits amongst my shiny mizuno blades and modern Titlest driver/wedges. The 'ole Yonex Rekin super03 - still has the original cord grip that is so frayed it has bits of string sticking out all over the place. Nice scuffs on the crown too after some ladies drove over it with a golf cart at a charity tournament. Everyone makes fun of it until it works its magic.... At least I think this thing was made in the early 90s...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • bigkidneysbigkidneys Members  776WRX Points: 98Posts: 776 Golden Tee
    Man. That was funny and reminded me so much of myself 5 years ago... I had every **** iron set in the book and just could not hit any worth a **** until I picked up some 2004 big bertha irons. Although shovels in their own rights, they allowed me to hit the ball consistently which is what I needed. That being said, I finally realized that playing irons for 2 weeks or even 2 months was not enough time to get used to them in order to hit the shots you want. Least to say, I only played them for about 4 months and took my HC from a 10 to a 2. I have had the same irons (X-Forged) in the bag for over a year and can honestly say I feel completely comfortable with them and can hit any shot I want with them. That is likely really the reason you play those so well. Give some others more of a chance to make the bag and maybe some others will work. If you have, than I apologize and am well off mark. Just wish someone would have gave me that advice 8 years ago and 175 sets of irons earlier... I dig those irons though. Went through a mizzy phase myself with blades and loved the MP 11s for 2 weeks image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.