I have to come clean... to the GolfWRX Community...

Comments

• Chi_RayChi_Ray Members  199WRX Points: 57Posts: 199 Fairways
    Easily the funniest post I've read on here image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />:cheesy: Thanks for sharing and who knew that Mizuno evolved from such ugliness!!image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted2:' />
    Posted:
    Ping G15 9º TFC 149D 60g
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 15º
    Titleist 909h 17º
    Wilson Fybrid RS 19.5º
    Mizuno MP-33 (4-PW) KBS C-Taper 120S
    Titleist Vokey SM4 (52.08, 58.06)
    Scotty Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • danpassdanpass Members  324WRX Points: 0Posts: 324
    If you still have them go ahead and bling them out ........ hard chrome baby image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
  • slam!slam! Members  17WRX Points: 0Posts: 17
    Not much uglier than most of the PING offerings out there.

man_in_love.gif
    Posted:
  • Olson12Olson12 ClubWRX  2206WRX Points: 125Handicap: 3Posts: 2,206 ClubWRX
    slam! wrote:

Not much uglier than most of the PING offerings out there.

man_in_love.gif

1st post in over a year..... well worth the wait
    Posted:
    TM M5 w/ HZRDUS SMOKE 
    Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
    Mizuno MP 18 5 - PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
  • 59Mr.5959Mr.59 Members  175WRX Points: 62Posts: 175 Fairways

Skaffa77 wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:01 PM:
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 12:53 PM:
    Get them refinished? Those pretty ladies need a make over...

A make-over only helps to illuminate the beauty that already exists...but you can't fix ugly which seems to be the problem here.

A refinish would be like putting a new dress on Rosie O'Donnell...it would probably just attract more of the wrong attention.

image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

I believe they call this, "Polishing a ****". Cuz even when you polish it, its still just a ****. image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

These are 2 classic posts!
    Posted:
  • Fontona19Fontona19 Members  417WRX Points: 0Posts: 417
    I just laughed for like 45 minutes. Great thread. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ChunkyChipsChunkyChips Members  286WRX Points: 55Posts: 286 Bunkers
    Best thread ever!image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    Posted:
    Cobra F9+ 10.5* Tensei CK pro White 60tx
    Callaway XR16 pro 16* GD GP-6x
    Epon DI 20* GD DI-105x hb
    Cora Forged CB/MB 4-Pw KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey 54* DG, 60* Modus 130
    Mills Heritage
  • GatorNate11GatorNate11 Members  3932WRX Points: 62Posts: 3,932 Titanium Tees
    Wow. Hilarious. Spent the last few minutes reading this and just dying at times. Up there with the Fister thread for sure. The comment about putting a pink shaft in the driver and making it sit on the porch as you drove up and down the street with another tied to the bumped to scare it into working, absolutely killed me. It seems like everyime I'm on the course and say "Yea I think I'm going to go to a new driver" the next drive is ridiculously awesome.
    Posted:
  • Ben BBen B Members  643WRX Points: 0Posts: 643
    I play with a few guys that play irons very similar and they will beat the brains out of most golfers on this site, including me. It truly is an old sandbagging trick. They say, hey let's play for a few. You look over at the their bags and think, man I'm gonna crush these guys. 18 holes later and two empty pockets you think to yourself.....did that really just happen?
    Posted:
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members  6475WRX Points: 191Handicap: 19Posts: 6,475 Titanium Tees
    Those are the guys i don't bet because i have pulled that scam myself.
    Posted:
    TM M5 Tour 430 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
    TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM Milled Grind Satin 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Members  2636WRX Points: 2Posts: 2,636 Titanium Tees
    Bump for the lulz!
    Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell 11*
    F6 Baffler 17.5
    Hibore Hybrid 22*
    850 Forged 5-GW
    MP-T10 54, EYE 2 61
    Odyssey 7

Advertisement
  • dieselGdieselG Members  867WRX Points: 72Posts: 867 Golden Tee
    drstroud wrote:

Not surprisingly these are still for sale (after almost 8 months). Hurry though. There is only 41 minutes left....
    Posted:
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick FloridaMembers, ClubWRX  5406WRX Points: 172Posts: 5,406 Titanium Tees
    dieselG wrote:

drstroud wrote:

Not surprisingly these are still for sale (after almost 8 months). Hurry though. There is only 41 minutes left....

How do the trailing edges get rash like that? Looks like someone didn't love their Pingzunos like I do...
    Posted:
  • Titleist87Titleist87 Members  2871WRX Points: 65Posts: 2,871 Titanium Tees
    The Craigslist post reminded me of this thread. I had to bring it back to the top just for those who have not had the pleasure to read through the plight of HeadonaStick.
    Posted:
    Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila DVS
    MacGregor MT 4w Aldila DVS
    Titleist 915H 3
    Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro/'87 Titleist Tour Model/'86 Spalding Tour Edition
    Titleist SM6 50 F Grind
    Titleist SM6 54 S Grind
    Titleist SM6 58 S Grind
    Titleist SC Studio Design 5
  • LovLov Members  169WRX Points: 57Posts: 169 Fairways
    i love this thread.

still gaming?
    Posted:
  • TarkataTarkata Members  754WRX Points: 0Posts: 754
    All Ping Eye & their clones are ugly.

...reminds me of the scene in the film Major League when they outfit Charlie Sheen with dorky glasses...

Maybe seeing well is overrated? At what cost vision?...

Only Ping users and their clones can say for sure what is their own answer.
    Posted:
    yeah

Advertisement
  • Kadin 25Kadin 25 BIG K Members, Featured Writer  6652WRX Points: 41Posts: 6,652 Titanium Tees
    This was a great read..My name is......and I play ugly clubs.

That's funny on many levels.
    Posted:

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                    Editor Product Reviews
                    Product Tester/Review Panel
                    Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                    See ya on the green...Kadin

• MKSmithMKSmith Members  640WRX Points: 0Posts: 640
    I think Scratch should step up to the plate and have DW grind some shovels that match the offset and weighting....It would be a true testiment of how good scratch irons are... I feel kind of bad, because my dilema is which irons to play MP68, Callaway Xprotos or the scratch combos...Nice putter, by the way...Loved the thread, very entertaining
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D4 with Matrix HM3 black tie stiff
    Titleist 915f with AD DI 8s
    Titleist 915h AD DI 105s
    Fourteen TC 888 nippon modus 3 stiff
    Fourteen RM 11 tour issue with modus
    Scotty Golo, Bryon DH89, Betti Jam
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick FloridaMembers, ClubWRX  5406WRX Points: 172Posts: 5,406 Titanium Tees
    Lov wrote:

i love this thread.

still gaming?

It has taken me a year to see this post... right now I am playing a set of Cleveland 588 TT's but the Mizunos are still in the back up bag and I take them out whenever things aren't going well. I may have to update all my WITB threads soon...
    Posted:
  • rozeyrozey Enter Title Here Members  213WRX Points: 0Handicap: 16Posts: 213

It has taken me a year to see this post... right now I am playing a set of Cleveland 588 TT's but the Mizunos are still in the back up bag and I take them out whenever things aren't going well. I may have to update all my WITB threads soon...

First - great thread. Sometimes the internet is worth all the other crap you wade through to find true entertainment such as this. Laughing at someone else's trials and tribulations.

Second - those ugly clubs are kind of like that ugly girl you hooked up with in middle/high school that you never bragged about cause your friends would laugh you out of town, but you always thought about cause she was willing and able to do the things the pretty girls never would. I married mine.
    Posted:
  • WVPWVP Members  2905WRX Points: 57Posts: 2,905 Titanium Tees
    rozey wrote:

First - great thread. Sometimes the internet is worth all the other crap you wade through to find true entertainment such as this. Laughing at someone else's trials and tribulations.

Second - those ugly clubs are kind of like that ugly girl you hooked up with in middle/high school that you never bragged about cause your friends would laugh you out of town, but you always thought about cause she was willing and able to do the things the pretty girls never would. I married mine.

You better not let your ugly wife see this!!! Delete delete delete!
    Posted:
    Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
    Titleist 818H1 - 21°
    Titleist AP1 718– 4-P, 48°
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H

Advertisement
    WVP wrote:

rozey wrote:

I don't care who you are, that there is some funny chiz...
    Posted:
  • Fish-N-ChipsFish-N-Chips Members  875WRX Points: 81Posts: 875 Golden Tee

WVP wrote:

rozey wrote:

I can't believe you admitted to that.... That's hilarious.

If she ever sees this you're in the doghouse
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* Tour AD-MJS
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Tour AD-DI 95S
    Bridgestone J40 3H PX 6.0
    Bridgestone J40 4H PX 6.0
    Ping S56 5-PW KBS Tour 90 S
    Vokey SM4 50*
    Vokey SM5 54*
    Ping Glide 60* E/S
    Ping Redwood Zing
  • nbaagainnbaagain Members  355WRX Points: 35Posts: 355 Greens
    I am actually jealous.. In my mind new clubs will make me play better.. I wish I had a pair of beaters that nobody would look twice at and then smoke them on the course..
    Posted:
  • bandrzbandrz Members  972WRX Points: 130Posts: 972 Golden Tee

The last time I saw a neck bent like that was when my grandpa hit a canadian goose with his pickup.

Words escape me. Response of the year within the thread of the year. Shut down the site. Only one direction it can go from here
    Posted:
  • HoldTheLagHoldTheLag The greatest pleasure is obtained by improving. Members  362WRX Points: 64Posts: 362 Greens
    Do you think you could elevate your game to another level if you managed to use irons even uglier than the Mizunos? The VAS would be a great start I would think. Those irons remind me of ovaries for some reason.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • rozeyrozey Enter Title Here Members  213WRX Points: 0Handicap: 16Posts: 213

Considering your OP, I appreciate the compliment and, of course, humbly agree.

WVP wrote:

I can't believe you admitted to that.... That's hilarious.

If she ever sees this you're in the doghouse

Chances are real slim she would ever stumble upon this thread, but even if she does I am OK with that. She turned out more beautiful than I ever expected and our kids are fantastic. I certainly drafted well let's say.
    Posted:
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers  1962WRX Points: 472Handicap: 13.0Posts: 1,962 Platinum Tees
    Required reading for all new members.
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
    Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
    Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    Cleveland CBX 56* w/ Rotex Graphite 
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • PDoNPDoN Members  1163WRX Points: 30Posts: 1,163 Bunkers
    Classic thread. I actually have a set of knock off cobra irons that I have played since I was a kid. I recently bought a set of the original cobra OS II forged to try to fancy things up. But even though the head shape and look are almost identical, I honestly believe I play better with the old cast knock offs. Why are we as golfers so silly?
    Posted:
    Superfast 1.0 TP
    913 FD 15*
    Rocketbladez Tour 3-P
    Red Saw Vokeys
    Scotty Select Squareback

Advertisement
    Just quick update, for honesty's sake: I am currently playing a set of Wilson Staff Ci11 irons, a Cobra driver, a couple of Cleveland Mashies and a Odyssey ProType putter. I have two Cleveland fairway woods in the bag; a Launcher 3 wood and a launcher "Magic 5" wood that is shafted with a senior flex shaft that should be far too flexible for me, and that I can't seem to miss it even if I try.

The Magic 5 wood is my only true friend in the bag.

The irons hit no better - but no worse - than the Pingzunos. They at least look reasonable. The Mills putters had to go during a period of financial "readjustment." All of my drivers still fear me and my swing and I still blame them, not my swing, for every bad drive. It is an abusive relationship but I am still sorting out who is the abuser and who is the abusee.

The Pingzunos remain in the backup bag and occasionally see a round. They still hit great and I still hate them. It feels like going back to an old ex for ****: deep down you know it was better than what you have, but you can never allow yourself to admit it to anyone...
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.