2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

3 JUNIOR GIVEAWAYS!

GatorBait

Lefties and Righties Welcome
In the spirit of the holiday season, I have decided to part company with some clubs that I no longer use in the form of a junior giveaway. In order to participate, you must be a JUNIOR golfer still in high school.

The two golf clubs I have are LEFT-HANDED, so only lefties will be able to participate in the club giveaways.

To keep it fair for the majority, for right-handed juniors, I'll give away a dozen of whatever golf ball you'd like (any brand/model goes – If you want Pro Vs, you got 'em!)

The Clubs:

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL 9.5-degrees w/ Fujikura Stock shaft, S-Flex, Factory Grip

Condition: I hit this club 5 times. I didn't dislike the club, I just hit my FT-5 better. So this club is in excellent condition. Headcover will come with the club.

clubs001.jpgclubs002.jpg

3-Wood: Nike SasQuatch II 15-degrees w/ Fujikura Banzai shaft, S-Flex, Lamkin Grip

Condition: Bought this club brand new in April and used it on and off throughout this past season. Condition is solid (probably 7-8/10). It looks good and is extremely playable. Original Headcover is included.

clubs003.jpg

clubs004.jpg

Here's what I want you to do:

(1) Tell me your age and what grade you are in.

(2) Describe for me what your after-high school plans are. College, military, golf school, work, etc. What do you want to study, what kind of work are you interested in, what branch of the military do you want to join and why?

(3) Tell me which contest you want to participate in (you can only win ONE - 3 different winners)

Example: 16, 10th grade, DRIVER (3-Wood, Golf Balls)

I'll select a winner for ALL on Friday January 2nd at Noon. I'm going to let this run for longer than normal because of the chaotic nature of the holiday season. Some people just don't have time to be in front of a computer. I'll ship the two clubs out Monday, January 5th along with the golf balls.

NOTE: If you are a left-handed golfer and have no need for either of the two clubs, YES, you may just participate for the golf balls.

GOOD LUCK! PM me with questions…

******THIS IS OPEN TO ALL JUNIOR GOLFERS, not just those in the United States. As long as the winner has a shipping address on this planet, I will ship to you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I love the holiday spirit and thank you for the opportunity.

I'm 18 and I am a Senior In High School. I am starting my third year of playing golf. I never even picked up a club before my Sophomore season. Being in a small town, I made the golf team but grew the past two years. I had a lot of range time this past summer and my game has improved exponentially.

My plans after High school is to go to college for a degree in Graphic Design. I started working with the School yearbook. I was forced to step up and learn a new skill. Graphics. The previous yearbooks were well... Lacking. I stepped up to the plate and helped everybody with their projects. Well, turns out, I love it.

Being a Righty I can't try for the clubs. Although they are nice clubs, and whomever gets them, they are lucky. So that leaves the balls. I love Callaway Tour ix's. These things spin amazing off my wedges and are crazy long off my driver.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

This is very Generous of you. I am a junior golfer, I am a sophomore in high school and I am 16 years old.

After High School, I would like to go to college to study business management in hopes of taking over my families business. My father invests a great deal of time into the company in order for me and my siblings to be happy and be able to play any sport, or chase any dream that we have. He supports me in all aspects of my life, and because of him, I am able to play golf. I hope to follow in his footsteps and take over the family business so that I too can support a family and allow my kids to chase any dreams that they have.

Being a righty, I am unable to use the clubs. My favorite golf balls are the Pro V, so I will enter the golf ball contest.

Thank you for your generosity and Happy Holidays.

Hey mate.

Aussie Lefty here (go lefties!), just gunna enter anyway, even if I can't get it shipped over :(

Year 9, 15 years of age. Golfing for 18 months. 3 AGU hcp.

I plan to complete my HSC (High school certificate), and get good enough marks to go to univesity and study Sport Science, with being a Physiotherapy in mind.

Although, I want to delay this plan for around 5 years and try to compete on a tour around the world, after I complete my pro traineeship with a local pro who has offered a spot. The tour is, if I am good enough by that time.

Great of you to do this for all the juniors!!!

P.S. If it is possible, I'd like the driver, or 3 wood. Either is great!. Struggling with reg shafts....

Hey mate.

Aussie Lefty here (go lefties!), just gunna enter anyway, even if I can't get it shipped over :(

P.S. If it is possible, I'd like the driver.

YES, you can. I should have made this clear. If you can give me a shipping address that is on the planet Earth, you can participate and I WILL ship it to you!

16 (almost 17), 11th grade, Golf Balls

I plan on going to college after high school. I am looking to get a scholarship for golf wherever I can...preferably a good D2 school or a D1 school. I plan on majoring in accounting and getting my CPA as I love math and this is a very good career path. I realize that I'm not QUITE ( ;) ) as good as Tiger Woods (we all dreamed as kid), but realism has set in so I'm planning on other career paths now.

I appreciate the gesture man!

I'm in the UK, therefore the schooling system in quite a bit diferent.

My plans after finishing college (summer 2010) are to take a year out before going University, to play golf and to improve my game as much as i can, i.e playing in as many well known ranking amateur events throughout the U.K and also to travel to other countries to gain some more experience. After that year, i'm aiming to be eligible for a decent scholarship for a good NCAA college in the US. Before i end my junior 'career' my main goal is to make the full Welsh International (Junior u'18s). I'm currently playing to a handicap of 2 and realisticly, to achieve a good scholarship you need a very consistent 'sport CV' and a handicap of around +1 / +2, in my mind. I want to set myself quite a challenging goal but also a realistic one. The next year and a half for me is very important acedemically, as i hope to get good A-levels.

16 (born 1992), first year of college (6th form) - I'm a righty but my choice of golf balls are ProV's so i'm going to enter for those if you don't mind :)

Thanks.

Very generous offerings GatorBait. :clapping:

Hey thanks a lot for this opportunity.

I am 16 years old and I'm a Junior(11th grade) in high school. I'm a righty so if I win I'd go with some Taylormade TP Black LDP's.

I have pretty high grades (3.97 cumuluative avg) right now so I'm planning to go to a pretty good college. I'm thinking about UC San Diego and they have a DII golf team that I hope to play on. Also one of my friends who is one grade high than me is also going to be playing golf there, so that would be pretty cool. In college, I plan to major in dentistry/orthodontics and then go to graduate school to become a denist or orthodontist.

Also the golf balls would relly help me. I never buy golf balls because I find a lot of golf balls at the course I play at. I play at the Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon, CA, which is the 4th hardest course in nor-Cal. There's a bunch of ravines so no one ever buys golf balls because you find so many. But when I have a tournament, I'm always scrambling around to find decent balls because I never buy any. So they would definitely help me out come summer time tourneys.

Thanks!

Wow. Good Gesture Gator!

I am 15 and a Freshman in High School. I'd like to enter for the Hi-Bore XL.

After High-School I want to go straight to college. I realize that even though I am a scratch golfer now, I just do not believe I have the skill or money to take a year or two off and try to have a golfing career. Reality has hit me and even though I LOVE GOLF, i just don't see a realistic future in it. In College, I would like to study engineering especially in the field of motors/engines as I love dirtbikes,go-karts, mo-peds,quads - that kind of stuff. I would like to attend RPI (Rensselear Polytechnic Institute) RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) or UC Berkeley.

Once again THANKS!

Jaden

OK then.

13, 8th grader.

Most likely going straight to college after high school, thinking somewhere warm. :) Right now, the two things I am thinking about studying would be creative writing or video game programming. Possibly some kind of veterinary training as well. After college, ideally I would try to make it on the tour. If not, some things that would be cool possible options: raising dogs, writing, teaching golf, running golf store, maybe doing some game programming.

I'd like to sign up for a dozen Nike One Platinum's, if you don't mind. :)

First off I'd like to say Merry Christmas and thanks for the giveaways!

I'm 16 years old and I'm a junior.

After highschool, I plan on going to college and getting a major in Business Management or in Accounting. If possible I'd like to play golf for whatever college I attend. I think I can play college golf, if I end up not playing college golf, I will attend a school with great academics as I a maintain a 3.9 GPA out of 4. After I get out of college I would like to have a pretty decent paying job like an accountant, as I love math! If I end up not going into accounting I will go into Pharmacy and have a career as a pharmacist as they make great money.

If I would end up winning I wouldn't mind a dozen balls.

First off, I would like to say thank you for this oppurtunity,

I currently 17 years old and a junior in high school. After I complet high school, I plan on majoring in the PGM program at one of the 20 accredited colleges/universities, one college of "high interest" of mine is Ferris State. After consulting a local PGA pro, he advised me to go apply for the opening that he has (assistant. Pro), he said that I might not be considered for the assistant. Pro, but to help him, kind of like a paid internship for learning the ropes of being a future PGA assistant. Pro, or head Pro. So far I am on track to reaching my goal……………

I would be interested in the 3 wood.

Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas

I think it is great that you are doing this so thank you.

I am 17 years old and a senior in high school. After high school I am going to college to major marketing and play golf. After I get my masters I want to work as a sales rep for a golf company probably NIKE because I love their clubs and I think they are always at the top of the pile in technology and the way they market their clubs.

Since I am a righty I the best balls that fit my game are the NIKE One Blacks'.

Thank you for this opportunity and Happy Holidays,

Sean

16, 11th Grade, golf balls

First off, I would like to thank GatorBait for this very thoughtful and extremely gracious opportunity. I am currently attending Montgomery High School, in Montgomery, Texas. There I maintain a 3.7 GPA on a scale of 5. I currently compete for my school's golf team on the top 10 varsity level. My plans for college are to hopefully attend the University of Texas and Major in Engineering and Minor in Communications. My plans getting through college are to take the core classes and take 4 years in Spanish. Also the necessary classes to get my degree. I want to become a Biomechanical Engineer, I want to be part of the alternative fuel discovery team that will hopefully solve the petroleum crisis in the Middle-East. I want to be a part of the alternative fuel discovery because there are dozens of ways to power the world, some efficient and some not so much. But the United States needs to create our own way to make the world run, and to me that is what the future needs most.

If I am to selected, my preferred choice of ball is Titleist ProV1X (high numbers).

Once again thank you for the opportunity.

Hey mate.

P.S. If it is possible, I'd like the driver.

YES, you can. I should have made this clear. If you can give me a shipping address that is on the planet Earth, you can participate and I WILL ship it to you!

Well, that's great of you! Thanks even if I don't happen to win. :D

Wow what a great gesture!

I don't know if I'm eligible anymore, seeing as I finished high school a couple of weeks ago :D. Anyways, I'm 17 and finished with top grades, so I'm going to University to do a double degree of Law/Science. Play off 8, and have been playing for about three years but barely got to hit a ball this year with school :(...Senior sucks! BUT I am hitting it better then ever after revamping my swing through the year when I could :D, just can't putt haha.

Thanks again for the offer, and if it's possible, I'd put my hand up for some balls.

Cheers

Brodie

thank you So MUCH for giving us juniors, the opportunity to get these things U R Awesome

i'm a freshman in high school and i'm 15years old. After high school plans... this is what i want to do so please don't take it all seriously... after high school i'm hoping to attend one of these 3 universities (UCLA,stanford,UNLV) i want to major in buisiness and economic related subjects as i'm interested in those things.. after that i hope to make it to PGA Tour and i'm willing to do watever i can do...q-school etc etc

if i cannot make it onto PGA Tour i'll go to flight school and start my career as a pilot, and hopefully be able to reach commericial airline pilot. i would love to be in Korean Air, Delta Air, and Asiana Airline. Yes, i'm korean, so yeah there is my plan. thank you again

and i don't really have a problem.fortunately,academic wise, as i have maintained 3.9 out of 4.0 average thruout junior high and this year

I'd love to enter for the Hibore XL, i've been stuck with Callaway C4 that i got 3years ago,,sad, i know

This is an awesome opportunity!

I recently turned 16 and I'm a sophomore in high school. I just started playing golf 2 summers ago after my football career ended with concussions, but I have played everyday I haven't had school since and have gotten to be a low single digit handicap. I hope to continue as long as I can, but if I can't play at a college with strong academics then I'm going to have to make a very hard decision, because academics are definitely a priority. In college I'll probably double major in Business Management and Economics. I plan to pursue a career either as a venture capitalist or as a marketing executive. After college I plan on moving away from the Midwest out east and hopefully be able to provide my kids with the same opportunities I have gotten and more.

That being said, all of the clubs in here would probably be an upgrade, but I'd like to enter the HiBore giveaway.

This is extremely cool of you to do this... I'll just write. (16, ProV's would be awesome)

I'm 16, sophomore in high school (biggest all boy high school in the nation.. D'OH), and to be quite frank, couldn't tell you what I really want to do after high school/college. I play to about a 5 now, Chicago winter (it was 50* out earlier... go figure) isn't really helping that number shrink. I played Varsity golf for my school this past fall, while also playing freshman baseball (we we're #8 in the nation as a program.) I'm getting to that point in my life where I think I need to start making decisions and that will start with me not playing baseball this summer.. I'll still play spring (reg. season), but I need to go after this golf thing because I'll be kicking myself later if I don't.

Ok, back to my 'big boy job' as I liked to call it when I was younger. In all reality, my dream job would be piloting a commercial jet. I've always just been that person that wants to travel, albeit on my own, and the profession of pilot could afford me that. But, the only way to plausibly do that is to join the armed forces (as civilian training is much too expensive). So, I'm stuck.

I maintain a 4.1 GPA (scale of 4.9ish.. 5 Honors [one of those an AP European History Class :russian_roulette:] and 2 regular classes, so I haven't figured the exact scale). Thanks for letting me talk about myself, I'm a proud introvert and getting me out of my comfort zone can't do me any harm.

... check that out... may give more than 1 person on here some perspective I'm sure all of us can use.

Ron

hello,

firstly, let me start off by saying how cool it is i think youre doing this. times like these people put so much focus and emphasis on money, its nice to see someone that gives back to the community in times like these.

i am currently 15 and a sophomore at a small little private school, i played my freshman season for my local public HS and had a very nice experience. i made it to state, and although i played poorly, i finished decently, and had a great time learning the ropes. i have been putting a lot of practice in as of late, and although i'm a 0.8 currently, im really trying to get good enough to the point where i could earn a golf scholarship to a nice university. my dream has always been to play competitive NCAA D1 golf, and then try to make it on to the nationwide tour. realistically, though, i'd like to get my degree in criminal law and become an attorney. i've always believed that everyone deserves a chance at justice, so i would like to become a defense attorney for those who deserve one, but cannot afford one.. basically id like to be a court appointed defense attorney to those who really need one that cares about them.

thank you for you graciousness and consideration,

corbett

(oh, if you happen to chose me, i would like the 3 wood please)

edit: forgot to put what club i would like

I'm 17 and a junior at Parkland High School. I play on the varsity golf team and went to states this year.

After I graduate I plan to either do golf course management or study to be a pharmicist. I'm not sure yet. It also depends upon how my final summer of golf goes, if I play well I hope to play D1 college golf.

I'd like the golf balls if I win, Pro V1x. Finally, I'd like to thank GatorBait for offering this to the junior golfers on hear.

Thanks a lot for this opportunity.

I am 16 years old. and I am a junior in high school. I play on my school golf team, and play off of a 2 handicap.

There is a chance that I will take a year off after high school, and go somewhere like the IJGA. While in college, I have three options. The first is to study journalism, and become a golf or sports journalist. My two idols in this category are David Owen and Rick Reilly.

My second option is to study landscape architecture, and become a golf course architect.

My third option is to study in a PGM program, and become a teaching professional. I love learning more about the swing, and helping others.

I am a righty, so I would like the golf balls if i do win. ProV1s.

cool idea.

I'm a lefty Canadian, Mike Weir style.

I'm in grade 12 at the age of 18 and would benefit from a 3wood.

I have been offered early acceptance in Geomatics at the University of Waterloo and Computer Science at Carleton, although i will be taking Computer Science or Economics at the University of Waterloo. I am very interested in new technology and computer programming as well as the workings of international economics and hope to hold a position in one of the areas of study.

I will be playing a local tour this summer to improve my stats and hopefully get a spot on the golf team at U of Waterloo.

Thank you for this opportunity,

Adam

Thank you so much for this opportunity Gator.

My name is Jared, I'm 17, and a senior in high school. I've played golf on the high school team for 4 years now and I played between the #1 and #2 position. My game is streaky. Sometimes I shoot in the 70s and other times I'm deep into the 80s :rolleyes: . I never know what I'm bringing to the golf course. After high school, I want to go to college at Penn State University and study History. My plan is to go all the way to a Ph.D and teach History at the college level. History has always been my favorite subject and I know for sure I want to continue studying it the rest of my life, especially American History.

Thanks again for this opportunity. Since I'm right handed, I'd like to enter for the golf balls please - Callaway Tour i's please. Thanks a million!

hey Gatorbait

im 16 and in year 10 im left handed and would like to have a chance at winning the driver or 3 wood either would be fantastic i plan on going to college next year and study sport science, athlete development and english as well as a job at my local golf course as an apprentice greenkeeper ( im doing school based apprentiship) i would like one of the clubs so i can then get rid of my older ones that i had taken from my brothers set and hopefully the club can help me in some way i currently play off 18 and love the game so please consider me i would look after it :P

p.s very nice of you to make this competition regards

collo1992

First of all i think what you are doing is great, giving back to the community.

But about me, I am 16 years old and a sophomore in high school. I live in Illinois so right now i'm not playing golf, but currently skiing in Colorado. The sad part is that i just got a knee contusion after a rough fall today, so i'm going to be out of golf for a little. I plan on going to a big ten college and go to study business/ Management, and later working for a golf company. I am hoping on walking on or getting a scholarship to play. Millitary is not an option for me because i have allergy's and asthma. I am writing this letter so i can win some golf balls, so i don't have to hunt for golf balls in the woods and water, Preferably Pro V1 x's