2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone E5/E6

Gxgolfer

To maximize distance, you need to choose the right ball.

Bridgestone’s new e5 is designed for players who want more height and distance off the tee.

* Unique 2-piece Urethane Cover Construction

* New Large Kinetic Energy Core

* 432 Seamless Double Dimple Design

Bridgestone’s new e6 is designed for players who tend to slice or hook the ball.

* Low compression 3-piece Surlyn® Construction

* New Soft Kinetic Energy Core cased with Linear Velocity Inner Layer

* 330 Seamless Single Dimple Design

The new scientifically engineered e5 and e6 allow players to choose the ball that optimizes the trajectory and distance of their tee shots. Find your edge and customize your distance.

* If you want more height and distance on your tee shot the e5 will generate an optimal spin rate for a higher flying ball and more carry to maximize your distance.

* e5's unique construction of a high energy core and soft urethane cover provide you with unparalleled distance and superb backspin into the green allowing you to take dead aim at the pin.

* If you tend to slice or hook your shots, e6 reduces excess side spin providing a straighter ball flight to maximize your distance.

* e6's innovative multi-layer construction with a low compression core delivers unmatched distance and soft feel on all shots for added

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I played the E5 for several rounds and found it to be a pretty good ball. Very durable and still stoped pretty well on the greens. It does have a higher trajectory and I found it to be fairly long as well, normlly 10 yards longer than Topflite TL Tour. Only misstep would be that is a little firm for putting.

Bill3508

Crazy 450 Crazy LY01 6.9
3 Deep Proforce V2 75s
Buchi 05 DI Nippon 950HT 39.5"
Yonex Ezone Mb Nippon Super Peening Blue
Yururi Gekko 53,61:Romaro Ray SX 58
SeeMore mFGPcs 370g 32"

• 3 weeks later...

The E5 is noticeably firmer than my current B330-S.

It tends to roll a little more with my driver and irons shots.

It definitely does not spin as much as the B330-S around/on the green.

I tested it and thought it might be a good replacement for B330-S as winter ball but I just stayed with the B330-S all winter.

It's a very good ball for the price or for someone looking for a little more distance.

didn't like the e5, although I liked the feel, feels like the b-330, my tourtement ball, but went far too high for me, whereas the b-330 I can keep low. However, was very impressed by the E6. It did feel alittle soft for me, and kind of felt light around the greens, but honest to god, the ball cannot be sliced or hooked off the tee, I like to work the driver and find higher spin balls like the pro v1 can get away from me if i take a bad swing, but the E6, I swear to god, goes straighter than any ball I've ever played. Not super long if your a straight hitter, but if you slice the ball or hook it alittle, it will add ten to fifteen yards just by going straighter. I still play the b-330, but I've switched my father to the e6 and his handicap has dropped 3 strokes. If I get loose on the tee, I go to his bag and steal a couple, thats how much faithe I have in this thing, mind boggling

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After a long search for my permanent ball... I finally found it! The e6!!!

Bridgestone did an excellent job with their ball lineup (B330, e5, e6). It would be hard to imagine someone not being able to find one of these that fits their game.

Being a 20+ handicap, I was looking for a mid-level ball. I tried the e5 first and found it to just be ok. It didn't really standout as a ball I could settle on. I already have a high launch, and to be honest... I don't know why I try these spin balls at all? They hurt my game more than they help.

I then just tried the e6 and had one of my best driving days ever! Usually playing a fade, the ball went straight as an arrow for me. My swing speed also isn't the highest (95mph), so the low compression felt great and gave good distance. I agree with another poster that these balls don't check that great on the greens, the e5 did alot better around the greens. But hitting the ball straight (thus longer) more consistently will help my game more than having more options around the green.

Durability was also good, as I played the same ball for the whole 18 w/ minimal scuffing. To be fair, though, I didn't hit any full-vokey shots. I like to play to my PW for my approach. And for a 3-piece ball, the $24 price tag can't be beat!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe these are the best "mid-priced" balls out there. I've played abundantly with both. Overall I prefer the e6 simply because of feel-especially on putts. I prefer a softer feeling ball and these are about the softest I've found. Plus they were still long.

Someone metioned "game-improvement" when it came to these balls. Well when I, Joe Hacker, went from the old Wal-mart top-flight ball to these my irons increased by 15 yards and my driver by 30. They were designed not to spin as much for us higher handicappers so if you're used to playing a high-quality, high spin ball, you would not want these.

As for the e5. I liked it alot. It was a ton harder than the e6 and went further. It definitely had more spin.

Overall I guess I just liked the softer feel of the e6. I hit the ball really high so I never have a problem with keeping the ball on the green.

I've played the NXT tour alot also and I'd say it's like a mix of these 2 balls.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

• 1 month later...

I tried the E5 and I have mixed feelings with this one. Off of the driver I couldn't stand it. It goes straight up :( Now I know that is what it is supposed to do, but I wasn't expecting it to go that high! Off of the irons though, I love this ball. Too bad I like hitting my driver so much, otherwise I would consider this ball. If you need height oof of the tee, this one will do that and then some.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing the e5 and it's a very good ball for me. Good spin on wedge shots. Checks very well. Distance is very good as well. Good solid choice for the price/performance.

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

• 1 month later...

it's more a preference than anything btwn the e5 vs the e6, and....I prefer the e6's. I'm a big HX Hot user the past year, and felt bored, so I changed to the e6 for the heck of it. I'm a 14 handicapper with not a great fast swing speed, so I find this ball perfect for me. It's soft, has a low compression and nowadays I'm looking for accuracy more than distance to get my scores a whole lot lower and to stay out of trouble.

I found the e6 is not as long, but it has better feel around the greens and while putting than the HX Hots. It's the straightest ball I've used lately, so I feel I can rev it up when at the tee box and there'll be no worries, and you know how much of this game is confidence. It's durable and I'll be using these for a while now. A big fan of the e6.

Include me into the e6 fans. It is a great overall performer for me. I like the feel and the distance, but above all, the STRAIGHTER my drives got. Distance is an issue because I already hit longer than average irons, but I found myself hitting 190 yard 6 irons lately with the e6. The Nike ONE platinum was spinning TOO much for me, almost as well as the B330s. I have lost only 2 e6's in 4 rounds so far, and my scores have been better because of fewer drives gone away. The alignment arrow is a big PLUS! Also, quite durable, feels soft with my putter. But...besides everything I've written here...IMO, the best feature is how it feels and performs with the mid-short irons: flies long, high and true, holds its line extremely well, and spins just enough to stay dead on the spot.

All this for less than $30USD a dozen.

• 4 weeks later...

I have played both the e5 and e6, and I think they are both amazing golf balls for the price. As of right now, I prefer the e5 because it spins a little more off the irons and around the green. However, the e6 has a little softer feel that I like, and although it's silly, I think the e6 also looks much better due to the dimple design and red lettering, and this helps boost my confidence. What I really noticed about the e6 was how unbelievably straight it was, wow!

Either way, you can't go wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I played both E5 and E6 and settle on the E6. Its long and soft around the greens. I was using the Maxfli Black for years and the E6 is a much better ball.

;)

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 10.5 with NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the E5 for a few months after trying it initially. I was extremely impressed with performance around the greens and never really gave much thought to anything else. At the same time as using the ball I was also going through some swing changes and as such was not expecting too much.

However after using the E5 for a few weeks a mate of mine asked if I had noticed a decrease in distance off the tee and with the irons. I then sat down and started to look at some of my stats and sure enough I did notice a significant decrease in distance and that I was not hitting many par 5's in two anymore. I was ascribing this to my own poor timing due to the swing changes.

However that weekend I went out and pulled out my old faithful B330 and sure enough knocked it on all the par 5's in 2 and found myself carrying the bunkers on par 4's like I used to. I am not a big believer in hype about suddenly finding 20 - 30 meters with a new driver but in this case I can honestly say that the E5 was costing me 20 - 30 meters off the tee and at least 7 - 10 meters with each iron.

I took the dozen balls I had and gave them to my son who loves them.

I think if you swing the club above 105mph there may be too much compression. I will stick to the B330 and happily bang it on the par 5's in 2 and pay the premium for the ball.

• 3 months later...

Played the E6 tonight and it will become standard in my bag. My current favorite ball has been the B330 but it seems like when I got to tight holes, I was always hoping to keep it in play and not lose it. I'm not a wild slicer, but seem to fade them more often than I would like, and in league play only hit about 30% fairways. Here is how I found it to play tonight.

Driver: Firm feeling. Very similar to the B330. The firmness that I like. Distance wise they were as good as the B330. I'm not saying they are longer, but for my swing they equaled and then some. Probally because I compressed them better. My average drive is about 230-250, and with everything lining up(fairway shape and roll) can get 280 ocasionally. Ballflight was low trajectory like the 330's

Irons: Felt like butter. Ball flight was high, but not a ballooning effect.

Putter: Soft firm feeling without being clicky. Really like them here too.

The real test was giving one to my teammate after two holes without telling him anything about the ball, and watching the drastic change in how he drove the ball. He is a high capper, (19 for nine) and watching him find more fairways and longer than he ever is. After he finished the nine holes, then play additional holes until dark with the same ball, he is now a Bridgestone spokeperson.

The E6 will become my favorite $20 ball and the 330 will stay my favorite premium ball. Both will be in my bag.

I've played the E6 a lot and I think it's a good ball. You have to mis-hit it pretty good to lose it (not that I would know anything about that) and it's usually a foot away from the ball mark, even when you get up to the 5 and 6 irons. There are a couple of balls that play very similar that are much cheaper, the Noodle long and soft and the Nike SFT2, both of which can be found for about a buck a ball. I've sharpied over the markings on one of each ball and played a round with them and couldn't tell which ball I was playing after any given shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I just made the switch to the e5 for good, I will never go back to hitting high end tour balls, rocks, or some random combination. I hit my irons high enough to hold the greens easily, and my 5 wood is up there too. Since I switched to the e5 my irons are higher than ever, I almost need a permit from the FAA for an 8 iron, and for the first time in my life I can honestly say I would rely on my 3 wood to get it in the air off the deck. I get more carry on my tee shots so I will gain yardage on soft days and maybe lost on harder ones. The short game is where the e5 really shines, I used to have to get lucky to get a wedge shot to zip back, but these things spin like a top, one hop and stop every time (ok maybe I improved my wedge play a bit too, but still, I found my 9 iron shot an inch from its ball mark.)

If you are a natural high ball hitter (ie hitting rocks into the stratosphere with long irons) I'd steer clear, but if you dont mind higher you will like the short game feel. Also an exceptional ball off the putter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't tried the e5 yet, but I love the e6. In fact, I liked them so much that I switched from NXT Tour to the e6. The e6 has a soft-enough feel with decent spin around the greens. It feels nice off the putter as well. I notice that I have much less tendency to hit a slice with this ball, and when I do, it isn't nearly as pronounced as with other balls. Low sidespin and low driver spin. Golf balls are a very subjective thing, so you have to try it yourself and find out, but I feel that the e6 is a great golf ball for my game.