A very nice achievement . . .

glenwayputters ·  
glenwayputtersglenwayputters Members  2100WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,100
The 2009 Golf Digest "Hot List"
Thanks to the folks that tested the putters. We felt like we had a very good product and this is validation that we do.

Jay
Posted:

Comments

• blindwillieblindwillie Members  662WRX Points: 55Posts: 662 Golden Tee
    Congrats... Well deserved
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Congrats Jay! You guys deserve gold though. Hopefully next year you will get it.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  4961WRX Points: 878Posts: 4,961 ClubWRX
    It is great to see TP Mills putters receive great accolades (I get my chance to read the article when my copy arrives)! Great job David on making a terrific product!!!
    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6929WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,929 ClubWRX
    Congrats!! That just shows what many of us at GolfWRX have always known about TP Mills.
    Posted:
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members  6562WRX Points: 66Posts: 6,562 Titanium Tees
    It's about time!
    Posted:
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    congratulations indeed, it's about time that TP Mills gets some mainstream recognition.

what's the XL model that they tested?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MekeniMekeni Members  300WRX Points: 60Posts: 300 Bunkers
    Great accolade indeed! Agree with comment above, do deserve good! Great start to the new year. Congrats to the TP Mills team. Specially David!
    Posted:
  • Viking Golfer Viking Golfer Viking Golfer hitting IRON! ClubWRX  4141WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,141 Bunkers
    Congrats Jay image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Could we see the rest of the list pleaaaaaaaseeee image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />
    Posted:
  • Ham SoloHam Solo I'm watching you! Members  1082WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,082
    Congrats!
    Posted:
  • TheCheatTheCheat Members  51WRX Points: 0Posts: 51
    Didn't a Mills putter make it in the Hot List a year or so ago? Maybe three?
    Posted:
  • glenwayputtersglenwayputters Members  2100WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,100
    TheCheat wrote on Jan 2 2009, 08:56 AM:

The Fleetwood was on the Hot List in 2006

jay
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • glenwayputtersglenwayputters Members  2100WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,100
    ClubHoUno wrote on Jan 2 2009, 08:25 AM:
    Congrats Jay image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Could we see the rest of the list pleaaaaaaaseeee image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />

That was the only page sent to me. Sorry for the quality,but they scanned it and sent it over last night.

Jay
    Posted:
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals  6294WRX Points: 153Posts: 6,294 Marshals

Nice....2006 Hot List.

Posted:
  • QegureziQegurezi Members  3825WRX Points: 143Posts: 3,825 Titanium Tees
    Guys - T.P.Mills Professional series recieved the highest performance mark all the way back in 2006. Here was one segment

THE JUDGES VERDICT: A real player's putter. It's like a good, cold beer-crisp, clean and thoroughly enjoyable.

This isn't a first time for the Mills putters.
    Posted:
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals  7105WRX Points: 62Posts: 7,105 Marshals
    Sakman wrote on Jan 2 2009, 07:14 AM:

Nice....2006 Hot List.

Nice.....the 2006 Hot List. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

(with the inflection that i'm impressed yet not surprised that you have that stuff filed away on your work computer. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />)
    Posted:
    :hi:
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals  6294WRX Points: 153Posts: 6,294 Marshals
    beruo wrote on Jan 2 2009, 09:16 AM:
    Sakman wrote on Jan 2 2009, 07:14 AM:

Nice....2006 Hot List.

Nice.....the 2006 Hot List. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

(with the inflection that i'm impressed yet not surprised that you have that stuff filed away on your work computer. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />)

Believe it or not, the 'Advanced Search' button works wonders.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • RedmanRedman Members  2752WRX Points: 56Posts: 2,752 Titanium Tees
    Congratulations!! That is a great honor in my opinion especiallly going up against the OEMs advertising dollars.
    Posted:
  • QegureziQegurezi Members  3825WRX Points: 143Posts: 3,825 Titanium Tees
    What mallet type putters do T.P. make, just the Huey and Fleetwood?
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    Mills doesn't deserve a silver, it deserves a gold. Although it's great that Mills is getting some positive pub, the Hot List itself is beyond worthless. As subjective and arbitrary as can be.
    Posted:
  • Dill PicklesonDill Pickleson Go Celts Members  3823WRX Points: 145Posts: 3,823 Titanium Tees
    its no secret tp mills make great putters
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Hzrdus Yellow 75x
    Titleist 906F2 15* Proforce V2 85x
    TaylorMade M3 17* Tensei Blue 80x
    Ping iblade 3-PW x100
    Vokey SM7 52* & 58* s200
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Juno
    Vessel Cart Bag
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    to the guys saying Mills deserves a gold.

i think Golf Digest takes more into account than whether the golf club itself is good or not. as you can see there's categories such as demand and if i remember correctly, hype is a criteria as well.

if a TP Mills putter were to get a gold rating they would need to satisfy those too, and being somewhat 'boutique' it is difficult for them to achieve that.

being GolfWRX forum users, a lot of us has had our eyes open as to the number of great putter makers out there, but keep in mind that a large part of the general public don't know about TP Mills...

*i think it deserves gold too, but i'm just saying to say that the Hot List is not COMPLETE crap, it just has other criteria that smaller companies can't fully satisfy.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Hansch99Hansch99 Members  501WRX Points: 0Posts: 501
    I'm really glad Mills putters are getting this type of recognition. It's much deserved.

But isn't the hot list's "hot" point--that the putters are each hand milled by David Mills--wrong?

Also, you gotta let me know where I can find one for the street price of $360! image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • RamblerRambler North CarolinaMembers  1750WRX Points: 112Posts: 1,750 Platinum Tees
    Yeah, where can I get a new Fleetwood for $200? image/tease.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tease:' />
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.