2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Nike VR TW Blade

NIKE Victory Red TW Forged Blade Irons

- Muscle Back Design:

The VR Forged TW muscle back design positions the center of gravity for the ultimate in control and the shot shaping demanded by the #1 golfer in the world.

- 1025 Forged Carbon Steel:

Precision forged and machined to precise tolerances for unsurpassed feel. The material of choice for accomplished players.

- CNC Milled Face:

CNC milled flat face ensures uniform ball compression for consistent ball flight.

- Tour Velvet Cord Grip:

Tour Velvet Cord provides the all-weather performance of Golf Pride's exclusive Velvet Cord material for a firm, comfortable grip that allows consistent performance and playability.

Available 11.1.08

[Click here for more pics of the line. have to pan down a few pics to see the blades...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184807

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely iron; but spoiled by all the unnecessary frippery on the back of it.

Too busy for my liking.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

• 2 weeks later...

Great Irons, forgiving but workable, IMO looking very good and definitely earned a place in my bag. They are standard a quarter of an inch longer then most of the clubs and give these back in length. On impact it's nothing to compare with Mizuno nor with Titleist but has a bit the same feeling and sound as the CG1. The clubhead is noticeable all throughout the swing and the feeling is great. Have been playing a lot of Mizuno last year and when you compare them to the MP67 the Nike stands out on forgiving. Yeah it's cold in the Netherlands so on a mishit it's definitely a painfull excercise, but the result is there (ballflight not as nice but lenght still ok) and with my experience a better result on a mishit then I managed to get on the MP67. You may compare the Nikes with the MP32 en MP57 which both are great irons, not only the looks but also playability. Just received a set of MP62 with the Project X 5.5 shafts and on looks, whether you like the red on the back or not, the Nike is a definit winner. Topline is thinner, sole is smaller, all in all a better looking iron. Got me the 62 for the sale but maybe will tear of the plastic and try them out. If so will let you no the result of the comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

I traded in my taylormade tp r7's, I got sick of waiting for TM to come out with a new forged iron so I made the switch. This will be my fourth set since starting golfing 10 years ago, started with some no name irons, moved to titleist cavity back, then the taylor made r7's and was just ready to take the next step with true forged irons.

These things instantly improved my game, I have way more control of where I put my shots, high, low, draw, fade I can do it all with these and im getting killer backspin on the greens.

If I could rate these 10 instead of five I would, I feel like im in heaven playing these irons, ive dropped 5 strokes off my game and when I hit a clean shot its like butter man, a feel so true I have to check my underwear for wet spots.

Tried a demo 6 iron a while back and loved it, waited for a Nike Demo day then hit the complete iron set up 3-pw. I struggled with the 3 and 4 iron's (thats why I carry two hybrids) but the rest were surprising easy to hit. They are a fab looking set of irons and I would love to have them but they are too much club for me, maybe if I can work on my ball striking and shave a couple of shots off my H/C then I would consider them, I can still dream anyway

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

• 2 weeks later...

Hit these for the first time today. Excellent at set up; not too big, not too small and the top line is fine. Transition from shaft, hosel, face is very good.

Ease of manipulation is comparable to MP33 as is forgiveness and the feel is a touch firmer but still very good. A very positive, pure feel through the ball and the grind is excellent. For me the camber and leading edge are perfect and I would bag them for that alone.

I tried hitting a few off the toe and squeezing some towards the heel and ball flight was good. For an iron head that looks this clean they are quite kind. I would be happy to play them. There are so many great irons from all the OEMs at the moment that we are spoiled for choice.

I was thinking about putting together a Nike bag and hitting these irons has settled it.

Opinions please....

I currently play MP32's 4-PW with DGSL R300 shafts and carry a 11.2 index. The MP32's are pretty banged up now black%20eye.gif and would like feedback on those who have played the following set-up:

Nike VR forged Split Cavity- 4i to 7i

Nike VR forged TW Blades Cavity- 8i to PW

Nike VR forged Wedges- 52*/10*, 56*/14* & 60*/6 (loft/bounce)

Thank You in advance. :clapping:

• 4 weeks later...

I've used blade p-7, and split cav 6-4. Personally, the transition from 7-6 is hard for me to get used to. I'm debating whether or not the 6 in split cavity is that much more forgiving then the blade, which in my experience is quite forgiving relatively. I much prefer the look of the blade and am contemplating getting the 6 and the 5. I use hybrids for 3 and 4.

I have been basically a Titleist player my entire life - most recently using the ZM's. I have been intrigued with the VR's since they were announced. After a few range sessions, I made the switch today. I instantly noticed that the trajectory was higher than my t**'s. Being a low ball hitter, this was a pleasant surprise. Swing weight feels a little heaver with the VR's. This was one of my complaints of the ZM's - they always felt too light. Some people are turned off from the VR's due to the graphics. They actually seem conservative coming from the ZM's.

I would not consider the new VR's a drastic change from previous Titleist blades. The improvements are noticeable but not dramatic. I never thought that I would be a Nike player - never say never.

Absolutely the best forged product out of Nike so far. I considered acquiring a forged split cavity/blade combo set but finally settled on the blades from 3 through SW. The deciding factor for me was the offset in the longer irons of the forged split cavities - just didn't look as good as the blades.

Had an opportunity to play yesterday with the irons and was VERY satisfied with the feel and control. Even with a certain degree of rust from the winter I think the irons will make me a better ballstriker. Distance was about equal to my ProCombo forged w/KB Tour 5.5's

I opted for the Project X 5.0 to reduce my tendency to spin excessively. Driver SS is 100 MPH. Players with handicaps <10 need to consider these weapons.

Having played a couple of rounds with the VR TW's I am very impressed. I consider the MP-33 the benchmark to measure the VR TW's against and I would consider the design, playability, ball flight of the TW's superior to the 33's. I still have to give the nod to the 33's for feel. In fact, the only reason I cannot give the TW's 5 stars is because in my mind they are missing that smooth forged "butta" feel you find with Mizuno's. Now I understand that the tour issued TW's are miura forged. Anyone know how to find a set of these babies?

Just have to comment again on these clubs since they have resurrected my golfing life. This is by FARRRRRRR the best clubs ive ever hit in my entire life. Mid summer last year with taylor made tp r7's I was strugglin and reaching 15-20 handicap sometimes, couldnt work the ball, couldnt cut into a ball with precission, not much spin, low accuracy although I always had decent distance. With these gifts from god i have exploded im doing everything ive ever wanted to do on a golf course, its truly amazing! Im not sure what the other guy says abot no butta feeling cause these irons dance and sing in my hands, they hit so well most times i dont even feel im hitting the ball and im geting max distance to go along with accuracy.

Today I shot -5 on a course ive never shot under +10, im absolutely on fire with these sick irons.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm playing the Original Nike Blades and I made the mistake of hitting the VR Forged Blades... A huge improvement on weight and I don't mind the length but feel, forgiveness and above all workability... The graphics on the side aren't a huge deal because I'm not looking at the graphics when I hit the ball.

I'll play my Original Blades for the rest of this season but I'll most likely get the VR's next season, but get a stiffer shaft with the 3-5 irons... :clapping:

I have had my Vr's for a month and there are no regrets. Played original Nike blades before these. I have played many different blades over the years, and these are right at the top of the list. If you don't like like paintfill, just remove it. I'm not going to tell you these are the best blades ever, that's pretty subjective, but you should check them out.

Just put my VR's up on the bay! Why? Cause I already have a another set coming. :crazy: I'm going with different shafts and didn't feel like ripping these apart, so if your looking for a nice used set...(ebay id playforfood) If I'm out of line with this post let me know, I know there are some rules about stuff you have for sale. (?)

• 2 weeks later...
How do they compare with Macgregor Pro-M's?

I have both. It's hard to give a comparison of the two because of the difference in shaft. I have the x100 in the nike and nippon 1050 in the macgregor. I think the macgregor with the x100 shaft would be a touch longer and a lower trajectory than the nike. Right now they play half a club to a full club longer. I have only been out on one range session and one round with both in the bag. I will let you know when I get more info. Both great clubs though. Don't think you'll gain much by going either way. Just personal preference.

Howdy,

I had mine reshafted with Tour Issue X-100's last week first game was last weekend, and i can safely say that before the change that they were seriously point and shoot, now there on a string to the PIN ! without doubt the best irons i have ever played, and i used to be a Titleist man, but now im Nike all the way........

Swing weight ive been told is D4 according to my clubmaker, but dont quote me i will ask him 2mrw and report back.

Cheers

TM M3 440 9" Degree / 661 111 in X spec Speeder Shaft
TM M3 15 Fairway / 757 Speeder Shaft S Spec
Ping G25 17deg Hybrid Accra Shaft X Spec
Mizuno MP18 Blades Modus 3 Tours 3-PW - S Flex
Titleist SM 6 50, 54 & 58
Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour only

Mizuno MP60 vs Nike Victory Red Blades

Nike Victory Red Blades

I am upgrading from Cleveland TA3 forged. I first tried the Nike Red Victory Blades, and Tiger may have had an influence on my club choice. First let me say that I am a scratch golfer and have won several tournaments, so in my head, I thought I could hit about any iron. Plus, these new Nikes looked so sweet. However, the heads were very small and these were so hard to hit well. When you had a mishit, not only did you feel it, you lose about 20 yards. When I hit it well, it went decent, but still lost some distance from the Clevelands and the Mizunos. Golf magazine gives a summary of the newest irons out and then give the handicap level that they are geared towards. AFTER I bought the Nikes I saw that they say they are geared towards "the best golfers in the world". I found out that that is not me. IF YOU ARE NOT A GREAT BALLSTRIKER THAT CATCHES THE MIDDLE OF SWEETSPOT ALMOST EVERY TIME, DO NOT GET THESE IRONS.

Mizuno MP60's

I just got these a couple days ago and have hit a couple hundred balls with them, and played a round with them. These irons look great at address, thin topline like the blades and the heads are the same size as my Clevelands. These clubs feel so sweet when you catch it well. When you catch it a little off center, you feel the mishit so you get feedback, but it does not feel horrible. And you dont lose much distance, unless you completely mishit it, but that will happen with any club. I love these clubs and would recommend anyone that is a player at all to get them. I would say a 0-10 handicappers could play these with ease. If you have never played a forged club, get these and see what if feels like when somone says it feels like butter to hit a shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hit these for the first time today at a demo day, the savings fund has been started. i have played blades of various makes for some 20 years and these are up there with the best. i had a px 6.5 in them and wow i have not had a consistent ball flight like these gave me in some while. probably some of the most forgiving to, hit the face in several different places and ball showed very little, if any distance loss. easy to work, and they will be in the bag when they have the v-groove version available.

Callaway Tour Issue Epic Flash Sub Zero

Titleist 917 16.5* 

Titleist 913 21*

Wilson FG-5 Tour (4-w)

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 wedges 
Ogio Ozone Stand Bag