AIM LEFT...THEN PUSH!!!

mjnrock ·  
mjnrockmjnrock Members  172WRX Points: 45Posts: 172 Bunkers
Will a heel shafted putter help me??
HELP...

I am a streaky putter. Want to be more consistant.

My bad stroke or miss always: aim left, then push or cut across the putt.

When I line up a string, chalk line, or line on the ball to the center of the cup and make my normal stroke I will always miss right!!

I prefer to not have a line on the ball..this way I "think" I aming properly (but deep down I know the truth )

If I line up the line on the ball to the center of the cup and i need to make the putt i move my putter closed or left then the ball will go in!!

I know this is no way to be a great putter....HELP

I have had tournament golf success with only centershafted putters? And no line on the ball. But my putting is streaky.

Someone told me........a heel shafted putter will allow me to aim more center or right??

Is this TRUE??

Anyone else had the same problem and fixed it with drills??

Thanks
Posted:

Comments

• irishfight4itirishfight4it Members  460WRX Points: 0Posts: 460
    you have to figure out if your a straight back straight thru putter or if you are an open and closing putter. you are doing both at the same time now probably. opening the club on the backstroke and arking it to the inside, but not releasing the face closed, keeping it open and pushing the thrustroke straight thru (not arking back)
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mjnrockmjnrock Members  172WRX Points: 45Posts: 172 Bunkers
    EXACTLY!!!

I was a straight back and straight thru putter, now im working on (Utley ) more of a arc or release strole

Does the proper release for a arch stroke feel Closed and Left for a former straight back and staright thru person??
    Posted:
  • QuickFeetQuickFeet Members  1612WRX Points: 116Handicap: 2Posts: 1,612 Platinum Tees
    Rock5798,

If you've determined that you are going to be an arc putter, either make or purchase a training aid that will help you develop the feel for making a proper stroke.

The Putting Arc is very good:

http://www.theputtingarc.com/

I'm sure there are many others. While working on you stroke I'd recommend putting a line on the ball to give you some visual feedback on how the ball is rolling off the putter face. Once you are able to roll the ball with no wobble to the line as it rotates, on a consistent basis, without the training aid, your stroke is probably pretty solid. Now it's just a matter of a good read and correct speed for the line.

Good Luck....you'll be much more consistent once the stroke is solid and repeatable.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
    Nike Vr Pro Ltd. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
    Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
    Nike Engage 58 DS / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike SV Tour 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • mjnrockmjnrock Members  172WRX Points: 45Posts: 172 Bunkers
    thanks for the feedback

after i read utleys book i was thinking of picking up the putting arc!!!
    Posted:
  • fit4golffit4golf fit4golf Members  165WRX Points: 0Posts: 165
    IMO it will difficult for you to be a very good putter when you aim your putter left and have to push the putt to make it. Why not consider getting fit for a putter that you can aim straight and then work on developing a stroke that is appropriate for a straight aim? Better to find a putter that aims straight than one that helps you push better. Or at least work with a putting coach who can help you learn how to aim better?

Andy Thompson

Totally Driven

Putting Zone Instructor

Edel Putter Fitter
    Posted:
  • liveagualiveagua Members  1277WRX Points: 81Posts: 1,277 Platinum Tees
    Buy Pat Obrien's DVD from www.seemore.com. Then purchase a SeeMore putter that fits your eye best.

Lastly, make lots of putts and take all your friend's money while gambling on golf.

I am living proof that the SeeMore system works. Period.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 8.5 w/Accra TZ6
    On -, @45.25 inches

Taylormade M6 Rocket w/Accra TZ6
    On -, @42.75 inches

4-PW Titleist T200 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff
    On -, @3/4" over standard

Titleist T200 GW w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 [email protected]/4" over standard
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50/54/58 w/Aerotech Steelfiber Black Label i110 stiff
    On -, @3/4" over standard

Directed Force Lab Blad.1 w/Stability Tour Shaft

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.