the seemore model 1.699

jc3326 ·  
jc3326jc3326 Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3
i have one and dont know anything about it
what is this putter. the rep gave it to me back in 2004. it has a unique insert that looks like a bettenardi. i cant find any information anywhere. what is it worth? is it rare? let me know what the deal is? image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

Posted:

Comments

• golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    I have no idea what it is but it is siiick! Thats such a nice putter, I bet she rolls it nice.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nsduff22nsduff22 UNC-Go Heels Go!! Members  594WRX Points: 92Posts: 594 Golden Tee
    I think this putter was made to commemorate Zach Johnson's putting average of 1.699 on the Nationwide Tour in 2003 or 2004. I'm not sure how many were made or what it might be worth. A quick email to the guys over at SeeMore would be beneficial probably. They've been nothing but helpful with a few questions I had in the past.

I'm sure it rolls the ball great. I love my M1 but it can't knock the Bettinardi out of the bag right now. Is this putter milled? I'm assuming so....

Let us know what you find out.
    Posted:
  • jc3326jc3326 Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3
    Guys, thanks. its great finally hear something. the putter is milled. much heavier than the newer milled m1 and m2. i will call seemore. thanks again! check back to see what i find out.
    Posted:
  • Lngnokr71Lngnokr71 Hmmm what to get next? Members  965WRX Points: 0Posts: 965
    So your the one that baught that on Ebay. I was trying to get the seller to email better picks but he was going to out of town b4 the auction ended, otherwise I'd be posting picks image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Nice pick up, the Ebay pics didn't do it justice, very nice stick, congrats!!
    Posted:
  • jc3326jc3326 Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3
    Lngnokr71 wrote on Jan 8 2009, 12:17 AM:
    So your the one that baught that on Ebay. I was trying to get the seller to email better picks but he was going to out of town b4 the auction ended, otherwise I'd be posting picks image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Nice pick up, the Ebay pics didn't do it justice, very nice stick, congrats!!

Did not pick it up on ebay. i was given the fgp black and this one from the rep. i do however feel foolish that i did not think much of it over the past couple years. i appreciate your help. this website is awesome. i have always snooped around on here and never posted. glad i did it. i am going to email seemore today and get the skinny.
    Posted:
  • chamgel2chamgel2 Athens, TNMembers  1333WRX Points: 123Handicap: 6.9Posts: 1,333 Platinum Tees
    I just picked up one just like it off 4gea...Fedex says it will be here on Friday...cant wait to throw a gripsmaster on it and try it out.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10* PX Hzrdus Yellow 63
    Ping G400 Stretch 13* PX Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Cobra Baffler 16.5* PX Hzrdus Black 75
    Ping g410 5-PW,UW, SW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey 58* V Grind Oil Can
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5

Advertisement
  • chamgel2chamgel2 Athens, TNMembers  1333WRX Points: 123Handicap: 6.9Posts: 1,333 Platinum Tees
    JC...let me know what you hear from Seemore...I'm interested in seeing what they say about it.

Jeff
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5
  • Lngnokr71Lngnokr71 Hmmm what to get next? Members  965WRX Points: 0Posts: 965
    jc3326 wrote on Jan 8 2009, 10:21 AM:
    Lngnokr71 wrote on Jan 8 2009, 12:17 AM:

Did not pick it up on ebay. i was given the fgp black and this one from the rep. i do however feel foolish that i did not think much of it over the past couple years. i appreciate your help. this website is awesome. i have always snooped around on here and never posted. glad i did it. i am going to email seemore today and get the skinny.

The one one the bay sold for $71.00...
    Posted:
    Got mine today....the head weight is perfect. Definately heavier then the Bronze model Great feel through the stroke, much softer as well.
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5
  • Rife guyRife guy Members  189WRX Points: 0Posts: 189
    nsduff22 is correct . Zach was the first player to break the 1.7 putting average .
    Posted:
  • ClemsonfanClemsonfan Members  79WRX Points: 61Handicap: 9.6Posts: 79 Fairways
    I have spoken with Seemore regarding this putter, b/c I thought of picking up the one on another forum. In addition, according to the Seller, they were originally going to produce 1699 of the putters, but actually made more, and it used to be called the Innovation II. This was their newest model at the time, and they changed the name to make it a commemorative putter.

Like several have said, this is a commemorative putter for Zach Johnson breaking the 1.7 putts per GIR barrier when he was on the Nationwide Tour. The current Seemore owners did not run the company when this model was in production a few years ago so they have no specifications on headweight, loft or lie angle.

Given that, I doubt the 1.699 has the internal flexible hosel that current Seemore putters have. This allows them to be quickly adjusted for lie and loft angle. I do not know that to be fact though, since I have never had one on a putter bending machine.

Hope that helps.

Jeff
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Clemsonfan,

Thanks for the insight...I got mine in on Friday...just eyeballing it, rolling a few, and comparing it to the FGP I have....the lie is flatter, 2 degrees I would say as it sets up PERFECT for me and that is where I have everything bent. I found the guy who originally designed it on another forum (formerly Chuck Todd American Putters?), it was an old post, 2004 I believe, but if I remember correctly the headweight is 345 grams and the loft is 3 degrees. I cant remember where I found the specs at as they werent in the post. Just by putting it I would have guessed the head weight was in the 350 range, so that is pretty close. That headweight is perfect for this putter. Im selling my FGP and my Spider because this will be my new gamer.
    Posted:
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.