Andrevdp MACHINE GARAGE Putter

choeppner ·  
choeppnerchoeppner Blue Ridge, GACharter Members  10370WRX Points: 107Posts: 10,370 Titanium Tees
Billet Copper GARAGE Putter
Hey Guys,

Got permission from the member we built this for to post pics image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> This is a putter we are building for Andre, Screen Name - andrevdp

This is a Billet Copper M1A Adjuster head with a Copper Plated Hand Bent Hosel. This Custom has the Hand Hammered Peening on the head. To remove some weight, and increase the MOI, we milled Bull Nosed Pill Cut's in the sole image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

All that is left to do on this putter is finish the Antique Patina image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Can't wait for you to have her in hand Andre image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris

MP_VanDerPost_WIP_12CHcu.jpg

MP_VanDerPost_WIP_12Ccu.jpg

MP_VanDerPost_WIP_12SHcu.jpg

MP_M1A_Van_Der_Post_WIP_10sb.jpg
Posted:

My WITB - April 2020

Driver - TM M2 with Hzardous 6.5

5 Wood - Callaway Epic with Evenflow Stiff

Hybrid - Callaway Mavrik 4

4-9 Iron - Callaway Aprex Pro Black CB's

48,52,56,50 - Custom Paul Casey Wedges

Putter - Custom MACHINE M8 Gooseneck

Comments

• TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Oh my. What a lucky dog you are Andre. She is beautiful.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • lebanontngolferlebanontngolfer short and to the left ClubWRX  3061WRX Points: 146Posts: 3,061 Titanium Tees
    That is beautiful! I love the peening. Each putter you guys do seems to be better than the last. Excellent work!
    Posted:
  • poppman2142poppman2142 Members  1206WRX Points: 172Posts: 1,206 Platinum Tees
    Drool!
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5* with Tensei Pro White 60 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Titleist TS4 10.5* with GD XC6 stiff tipped 1/2" 
    Titleist TS2 16.5* with Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped 1"
    Titleist TS2 hybrid 19* with Tensei Pro White 90 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Titleist 680 MB 4-9 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff SS 1X
    Vokey SM7 46,50,55,60 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff 
    Yes C Groove Callie tour issue Badds prototype long neck
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
    Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
    Ogio Silencer bag
  • nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    OK honestly I just want to cry at this point....knowing that my checkbook won't be able to even RENT one of these putters to try out!!!

AMAZING!
    Posted:
  • PuttingDoctorPuttingDoctor The Putting Doctor Members  2119WRX Points: 1Posts: 2,119 Platinum Tees
    A work of art sir! How much care will be required to keep the hosel aligned? The patina will change the look and of course we will all want to see the finished product photo.
    Posted:
    Glen Coombe
    The Putting Doctor “Retired!”
    Level 3 SAM PuttLab Instructor
    Carribean Represemtative SAM Sports
    Creator of Perfection Platforms
    Http://puttingdoctor.net
  • MekeniMekeni Members  300WRX Points: 60Posts: 300 Bunkers
    That is gorgeous! Work of art indeed.. Love the way some old school look is fused with new technology.. Very glam!! Nice evolution chris!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • choeppnerchoeppner Blue Ridge, GACharter Members  10370WRX Points: 107Posts: 10,370 Titanium Tees
    PuttingDoctor wrote on Jan 10 2009, 08:41 AM:
    A work of art sir! How much care will be required to keep the hosel aligned? The patina will change the look and of course we will all want to see the finished product photo.

The hosel will always stay aligned. When the hosel enters the head it turn from round to square. One benefit of using a hosel like this is say a few month or a year down the road, the customer goes thru a stroke change and now needs a different neck. Instead of having to purchase a completely new putter, he can send the putter back in, with a description of the neck he needs, and we can build the neck, and replace the one that is on the putter with the new neck.

Here's an example of the necks.

-Chris

vari_hosels_1b.jpg
    Posted:

My WITB - April 2020

• w8liftrw8liftr w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!! ClubWRX  2258WRX Points: 62Posts: 2,258 Platinum Tees
    What chemical do you use to speed up the patina? Ever have a customer order one and let it "age" on its own?
    Posted:
  • DB MACHINEDB MACHINE Sponsors  934WRX Points: 55Posts: 934 Golden Tee
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the great comments!

I am really excited about this Garage putter for several reasons.

The ball nose Pill Cuts in the sole (done on the Bridgeport mill) removed almost 20 grams from the center of the head, so we have more heel toe weighting, and performance weight adjustability in the heel and toe, and thus an increase in MOI and forgiveness, all while retaining a classic look at address.

The hosel is a hand bent in 1018 Carbon Steel and copper plated to match the Billet Copper head. The hosel is actually hollow, which allows more head weight and an optimal CG location. Being hollow also allows great freedom while bending. The walls are thick enough (more than 5x the shaft walls) so it stays aligned (to answer PuttingDoctor's question).

I will have more photos of the patina in process and when complete so you can see a before and after. I use a "secret sauce" of several different patina formulas for copper, developed from my past work in bronze sculpture. And yes, we have created putters with aged patinas, hand rubbed patinas, and some pretty wild colors. My favorites are the variegated rainbow colors that change with the direction of light (this is enhanced with contrasting surface treatments before patina, and multiple layers of patina - without giving away too many secrets).

Hope this helps! image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks again for everyone's interest.

Thanks,
    Posted:
  • w8liftrw8liftr w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!! ClubWRX  2258WRX Points: 62Posts: 2,258 Platinum Tees
    Thanks for the answer Dave. I thought you might have a "secret", image/cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' /> I look forward to seeing the after pics.
    Posted:
  • chRisJ87  chRisJ87 Members  388WRX Points: 55Posts: 388 Greens
    Holy s*** that finish is nice!!!!!!!!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Z-ManZ-Man Members  1322WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,322
    Pretty sweet putter there..
    Posted:
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX  25619WRX Points: 745Handicap: GolfPosts: 25,619 Titanium Tees
    Chris, can you do a center shaft with a curved neck?
    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**

• weaver93weaver93 Members  1038WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,038
    "Ah well....can't see buying a putter that's more expensive than my car payment. **** I just proved that on an 18 today that my 35 dollar Ray Cook CP#2 was a 1-2 putter every hole....so go figure. Each to his/her own...but no way in **** I'm spending more than $150 on a putter.

Peace. "

"The price of a putter and the direct relation to the confidence of a pure putting stroke is a bogus marketing claim to sell more high end putters.

I can prove it, come play me.

Not trying to flame or be an a** but honestly it's a very ignorant statement in that entire concept.

Peace." image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

Now Nobreak, you know it would do nothing to help your confidence or your game. I doubt it falls under your $150 ceiling for putter pricing.

Chris, what are you trying to do to me? What will it weigh complete?
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • blade_manblade_man Members  2586WRX Points: 1Posts: 2,586 Bunkers
    weaver93 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 12:37 PM:
    "Ah well....can't see buying a putter that's more expensive than my car payment. **** I just proved that on an 18 today that my 35 dollar Ray Cook CP#2 was a 1-2 putter every hole....so go figure. Each to his/her own...but no way in **** I'm spending more than $150 on a putter.

Peace. "

"The price of a putter and the direct relation to the confidence of a pure putting stroke is a bogus marketing claim to sell more high end putters.

Not trying to flame or be an a** but honestly it's a very ignorant statement in that entire concept.

Peace."

Now Nobreak, you know it would do nothing to help your confidence or your game. I doubt it falls under your $150 ceiling for putter pricing.

You did quite nicely at doing both
    Posted:
  • gjf007gjf007 Members  371WRX Points: 0Posts: 371
    very very very good looking putter! imo image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' /> image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members  6562WRX Points: 66Posts: 6,562 Titanium Tees
    WOW. That is an incredible looking piece of MACHINE-ry!
    Posted:
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • DB MACHINEDB MACHINE Sponsors  934WRX Points: 55Posts: 934 Golden Tee
    tbowles411 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 10:32 AM:
    Chris, can you do a center shaft with a curved neck?

Yes, sort of. We can provide a 1018 Carbon head similar to this with a tig welded hosel, that is hend bent for offset if that is what you are looking for. (can't TIG weld the billet copper though). Or we could provide our Modular CS hosel, or a Double Bend Shaft, etc. Hope this helps. Chris can send you photos of these if you want.

weaver93 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 11:37 AM:

Peace. "

Peace."

Weaver93, my guess the first part of that quote was to rib Nobreak on his quotes from another thread??? Maybe from the Expensive Putter thread? It may have been misconstrued above.

To answer the last question, Andre's head as pictured (with alloy weights installed) is 365 grams.

We can also use our M2A Converter, with South Beach cuts in the inside of the flange and head for even more weight range adjustability.

This putter for Andre is a first for a solid Billet Copper head for me, and the amount of weight we were able to mill out of the sole, and keep the traditional shape at address, blade height, etc. You could also add an Aero Streak, which would be in good company with the Rainbow Copper Streak! image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' /> Sorry, I didn't really just suggest that! (LOL as Chris would say!)

All the best!

-Dave
    Posted:
  • choeppnerchoeppner Blue Ridge, GACharter Members  10370WRX Points: 107Posts: 10,370 Titanium Tees
    Mark...Your Copper Streak just called me and said it feels lonely....I can fix that. LOL

If anyone needs more pics, please don't hesitate to ask ( you know i'll be posting some image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> )

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. Love reading comments like these image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris
    Posted:

My WITB - April 2020

Dave,

Yeah I was poking at him about a rant in another post. Just found it funny he was here drooling over one of those demonic expensive putters. I will tell you this, like I said in the letter Dave, I was completely amazed at the control and soft feel. That copper is goinig to feel good too. Is there a particular alloy that is used? How long does it take to peen one like that?

What type sculpting do you work on Dave? Have you ever considered bronz golf related. One would look good in my office!

Chris,

You are a bad man! It even the same weight range. Coincidence or conspiracy?
    Posted:
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX  1424WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,424 Platinum Tees
    Nobody and I mean Nobody makes putters this good looking, real artwork, I can't wait till mine comes in.

Joe
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Custom ZB Stealth Black Head and Shaft
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer

Advertisement
  • FilliesFillies Members  119WRX Points: 0Handicap: 3.0Posts: 119
    Nice putter Andre. I am sure it will work well for you. (not like you need any help!) image/cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />
    Posted:
    blade_man wrote on Jan 10 2009, 11:46 AM:
    weaver93 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 12:37 PM:

Peace. "

Peace."

You did quite nicely at doing both

Yo Blade, chill. My quote used in this thread was taken from a completely different thread here.

Peace.
    Posted:
    weaver93 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 01:26 PM:
    Dave,

Yeah I was poking at him about a rant in another post. Just found it funny he was here drooling over one of those demonic expensive putters. I will tell you this, like I said in the letter Dave, I was completely amazed at the control and soft feel. That copper is goinig to feel good too. Is there a particular alloy that is used? How long does it take to peen one like that?

What type sculpting do you work on Dave? Have you ever considered bronz golf related. One would look good in my office!

Chris,

Hey!!! I can drool if I wanna. image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    nobreak1970 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 08:31 PM:
    Dave,

Chris,

Hey!!! I can drool if I wanna. image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

OK, but it will patina the copper! image/haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

Did not mean to get you in trouble. Just thought I would make fun.
    Posted:
  • Ghost_OrchidGhost_Orchid Golf Junkie Upstate NYMembers  2086WRX Points: 120Handicap: 1Posts: 2,086 Platinum Tees
    What? No PICS of the face?

I'm curious to see what kind of mill marks are on the face!!!!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    weaver93 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 08:03 PM:
    nobreak1970 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 08:31 PM:
    Dave,

Chris,

OK, but it will patina the copper! image/haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

Did not mean to get you in trouble. Just thought I would make fun.

LOL it's all good.

Ghost_Orchid wrote on Jan 10 2009, 08:06 PM:

yes those would be nice.
    Posted:
  • rankoutsiderrankoutsider Members  2041WRX Points: 60Posts: 2,041 Platinum Tees
    Schwing....

That putter is wicked nice.
    Posted:
    weaver93 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 08:03 PM:
    Ghost_Orchid wrote on Jan 10 2009, 08:06 PM:

yes those would be nice.

Let me see what I can do about getting yall some pics image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> It has our VMG Face Milling.

In the meantime, here are some shots of it before getting the new neck, and the progress of the head receiving the Hand Hammered Peening image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris

Andre3.jpg

Andre2.jpg

Andre4.jpg

Andre5.jpg
    Posted:

My WITB - April 2020

Advertisement
  • bbeard10bbeard10 Members  485WRX Points: 55Posts: 485 Greens
    Sick!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.