Ping Anser 2 adding weight

Dukefan1 ·  
Dukefan1Dukefan1 Lefty Boomers  2252WRX Points: 127Posts: 2,252 Platinum Tees
I have an old Ping Anser 2 that is laying around and was just wondering if anyone knew how to make it heavier without using lead tape. It feels pretty light just wanting to bring the weight up some.
Posted:
Driver-Callaway Big Bertha 816 DBD, 3 Wood-Callaway XR Steelhead, 5 Wood-Callaway Rogue, Irons-Ben Hogan PTX Wedges-Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54 Ping Glide 58, Putter-Odyssey EXO 7s, Ball-Snell MTB Black, Bridgestone Tour b330

Comments

• nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    I personally cannot bring myself to stick anything onto a good lookin putterhead regardless of advantage.

I just put a new Tigershark midsize grip on my Karsten Anser 2....this is stainless steel and it acutally added a few grams of topweight onto the 340g of head weight...feels good and a bit more balance swing-wise. Long story short...new grip maybe? Not sure with your Anser2. I've seen people at the local golf shop here request added weight down the shaft closer to the head than a new grip. Not sure how they go about doing it. I know that PING has the ball bearing keeping the shaft in the hosel so it may do well to find a shop to add something down the shaft similar to that concept.

happy putting
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.