New Cameron Model!

Comments

• Bomb and GougeBomb and Gouge Members  2533WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,533
    Isn't it common knowledge that Scotty uses Ping as his R&D Department? :P image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dehdeh Members  472WRX Points: 65Posts: 472 Greens
    Great pics, and while not a mallet guy, I look forward to giving it a try.
    Posted:
  • nickpoznickpoz Members  946WRX Points: 1Posts: 946 ClubWRX
    Fore_Man wrote on Jan 14 2009, 09:56 AM:
    does Kombi mean a combination of charactoristics from other succesful putters?

Its a VW term like the Squareback and Fastback
    Posted:
  • MacMiaMacMia Members  774WRX Points: 62Posts: 774 Golden Tee
    kinda looks like a detour got swallowed by a futura...
    Posted:
  • MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    He could do away with all the dots and writing on the toe. He did get pretty DOT happy on this one, but it'd be bearable without the toe stuff I think.

Looks like it would be pretty easy to line up. I feel like he's going for more of a user friendly line with this one. Problem is, the "user friendly" type players aren't going to want to pay $300.

Definitely resembles a Craz-e. Very first thing I saw was a Detour down the middle though.

I'm not going to lie, I used to absolutely love my Ping Craz-e...I love my Cameron now...the combo might be worth trying...
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
  • geogolfgeogolf Members  692WRX Points: 61Posts: 692 Golden Tee

It is a model of vintage Volkswagen Bus. A neighbor of mine has a tannish yellowish one. restored. A TCC member mentioned it early this morning..... and even makes note how he suggested the name for a mallet in the Cameron Blog a while ago.. commenting on the (squareback and fast back) also taken from VW model lingo.. and he responded.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • chRisJ87  chRisJ87 Members  388WRX Points: 55Posts: 388 Greens
    Great Pics! Too much going on for my liking though....
    Posted:
  • poppman2142poppman2142 Members  1205WRX Points: 167Posts: 1,205 Platinum Tees
    Swing and a miss!
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5* with Tensei Pro White 60 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Titleist TS4 10.5* with GD XC6 stiff tipped 1/2" 
    Titleist TS2 16.5* with Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped 1"
    Titleist TS2 hybrid 19* with Tensei Pro White 90 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Titleist 680 MB 4-9 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff SS 1X
    Vokey SM7 46,50,55,60 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff 
    Yes C Groove Callie tour issue Badds prototype long neck
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
    Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
    Ogio Silencer bag
  • LBlack14LBlack14 Say it to my face! Banned  4082WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,082 Titanium Tees
    I've heard ol' Scotty called alot of things, but never heard him called ORIGINAL, thatsa fo sho!
    Posted:
  • Bomb and GougeBomb and Gouge Members  2533WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,533
    geogolf wrote on Jan 14 2009, 11:30 AM:

It is a model of vintage Volkswagen Bus.

I think it was a joke.... he he he he he!
    Posted:
  • KF_TowerKF_Tower Members  374WRX Points: 55Posts: 374 Greens
    I actually like it.

I love the feel of his putters much better than Ping (I have the iWi Craz-E) but his alignment has been more subtle (I have the Squareback, but I am having alignment issues right now).

Can't wait to see it in person!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Ogre41Ogre41 Ijamsville, MDMembers  1200WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,200 Platinum Tees
    celts5407 wrote on Jan 13 2009, 09:26 PM:
    the shape kind of reminds me of the rife 2-bar mallet as well. i have to say that isnt a style i anticipated scotty coming out with.

I see that as well. It's also got a hint of Barbados in there. I am no scotty fan, but I actually like the look of that thing.
    Posted:
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
    Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
    Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
    Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
    Ping Cadence B65
  • pharm1pharm1 Members  22WRX Points: 55Posts: 22 Bunkers
    Thanks for the pics Tracy! That's what I love about this site. Its members always produce pics of the latest equipment and I never grow tired of looking at new stuff.
    Posted:
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members  8040WRX Points: 619Posts: 8,040 Titanium Tees
    Scotty lost his shame long ago.
    Posted:
    PING G400 Max 10.5° (-) | (fw tbd) | PING G410 19° (F-) | PING i25 22°, 26° | Callaway XHP 6-AW | PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES | PING Scottsdale TR B60, 34.5"
    Srixon Z-Star Yellow
  • seek1369seek1369 Members  78WRX Points: 55Posts: 78 Fairways
    center shaft would be nice.
    Posted:
  • cg460cg460 Members  342WRX Points: 0Posts: 342
    Its actually very similar to the Cleveland VP5, not the Craz-E.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    I'm just waiting for someone to ask if it's counterfeit. I mean if someone told me that mine was counterfeit because it has green paintfill (that I purchased brand new and painted myself)...who's to say a prototype Scotty himself is holding is real? image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KMoney34KMoney34 SBCCMembers  669WRX Points: 93Posts: 669 Golden Tee
    I can't wait to try it. I'm thinking the production model will look drastically different and probably lose a few dots on the way. Headcover anyone?
    Posted:
    Titleist 917D2 9.5 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ s-70
    Titleist 917F2 15 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ s-80
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2 DG X100
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-W DG X100
    Titleist Vokey TVD-K 54, 58 DG X100
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
  • AsleepAsleep Marshals  9056WRX Points: 4Posts: 9,056 Marshals
    His attention to detail and finish really shows here. Interesting.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  31977WRX Points: 1,721Posts: 31,977 Titanium Tees
    Thanks for the pics but I'm not a fan of this design. It will sell just because it's a SC.
    Posted:
  • TracySTracyS Members  778WRX Points: 55Posts: 778 Golden Tee
    KMoney34 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 02:53 PM:
    I can't wait to try it. I'm thinking the production model will look drastically different and probably lose a few dots on the way. Headcover anyone?

It looked as though Scotty was using old Futura headcovers with these.
    Posted:
    Ping Anser 10.5, Speeder 661 Stiff
    Callaway X2Hot 3/5 Woods, GD Tour AD Stiff
    Callaway XHot 23*
    Cobra Amp Forged 5-P, KBS Tour+ Stiff
    Vokey SM4 50*, SM5 56* S Grind
    TP Mills Custom Soft Tail

Advertisement
  • Southside StrikerSouthside Striker Members  281WRX Points: 0Posts: 281
    deerslayer could throw a sweet paintfill on that.
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    TracyS wrote on Jan 14 2009, 07:26 PM:
    KMoney34 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 02:53 PM:

It looked as though Scotty was using old Futura headcovers with these.

I'm sure there are plenty of those left. image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> I assume it is made of aluminum, but do we know for sure?
    Posted:
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals  9368WRX Points: 149Posts: 9,368 Marshals
    Ogre41 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 09:01 AM:
    celts5407 wrote on Jan 13 2009, 09:26 PM:
    the shape kind of reminds me of the rife 2-bar mallet as well. i have to say that isnt a style i anticipated scotty coming out with.

I see that as well. It's also got a hint of Barbados in there. I am no scotty fan, but I actually like the look of that thing.

Two VERY good eyes. I can't reveal anything yet...probably tomorrow but Rife has something up their sleeves as well. image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />
    Posted:
  • DeerslayerDeerslayer Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill...... Members  1838WRX Points: 128Posts: 1,838 Platinum Tees
    Awesome pics Tracy!

I am NOT a fan of that design however. Everyone can bash, but RARELY does ANY company come out with truly "original" designs anymore unless they are some funky and weird looking mallet. To each his own, once again......GREAT PICS!
    Posted:
  • SamsquanchSamsquanch Lefty Boomers  1568WRX Points: 126Handicap: + 2Posts: 1,568 Platinum Tees
    I'd put on my spaceman suit and use that putter for sure!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Runt1122Runt1122 Members  550WRX Points: 88Posts: 550 Golden Tee
    pitbull808 wrote on Jan 13 2009, 09:36 PM:
    Nice pics Tracy. image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> We need a watermark on those ASAP! image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Just out of curiosity, why the need for watermarks?
    Posted:
    Runt1122 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 09:20 PM:
    Nice pics Tracy. image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> We need a watermark on those ASAP! image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

LOL, you could probably delete 3 of your 4 posts image/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Don't know an exact reason, but I'd say just because they are personal photos and they should be marked in some way so they're not floating around the internet discredited.
    Posted:
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals  9368WRX Points: 149Posts: 9,368 Marshals
    MchSt805 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 04:41 PM:

LOL, you could probably delete 3 of your 4 posts image/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Don't know an exact reason, but I'd say just because they are personal photos and they should be marked in some way so they're not floating around the internet discredited.

Duplicates deleted. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Because we work hard to get the photos for the GolfWRX membership. There's a reason we are one of the largest golf forums and have the huge amount of traffic on our site. Prior to the watermarks when we first started, many sites would "borrow" our pics and lead their membership into thinking it was a "first" seen there kind of thing when we all new different. As it is, at last check, the Cameron site did not have any information on the Kombi. image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Runt1122Runt1122 Members  550WRX Points: 88Posts: 550 Golden Tee
    pitbull808 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 09:45 PM:
    MchSt805 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 04:41 PM:

Duplicates deleted. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Because we work hard to get the photos for the GolfWRX membership. There's a reason we are one of the largest golf forums and have the huge amount of traffic on our site. Prior to the watermarks when we first started, many sites would "borrow" our pics and lead their membership into thinking it was a "first" seen there kind of thing when we all new different. As it is, at last check, the Cameron site did not have any information on the Kombi. image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Thank you for clearing that up. The pics are great to have and I look forward to them....especially this time of year!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.