09 Sony Exclusive Bettinardi Pics-Part 2!!!!

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  8966WRX Points: 658Posts: 8,966 Marshals
Thanks Reid and RJB!!!
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6929WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,929 ClubWRX
    WOW...Did my eyes deceive me...a BB2 style putter in the BC series!!!!!!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MedicaptainMedicaptain Never Forget Members  1170WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,170
    GREAT pics....must be fun as heck to just walk up and say "hey, can try that one?"...."thanks"
    Posted:
    Epic Project X LZ 6.0
    Epic 15* Project X LZ 6.0
    19* and 23* Titleist 916H2
    2018 X-Forged Proj X 5-P
    MD3 50, 54, 58
    PXG Dagger
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Awesome stuff! image/wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> I am ready to empty my Paypal account when some of this stuff is available. Thanks for the great pics Reid.
    Posted:
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    Reid you are the BOMB, thanks for the photos.

BC6 and BC7 WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

It looks like a huge 2009 for RJB, and I'm excited.
    Posted:
  • TracySTracyS Members  778WRX Points: 55Posts: 778 Golden Tee
    Great pics, Reid! Do you know when the BC7 will be out? Yummy!
    Posted:
    Ping Anser 10.5, Speeder 661 Stiff
    Callaway X2Hot 3/5 Woods, GD Tour AD Stiff
    Callaway XHot 23*
    Cobra Amp Forged 5-P, KBS Tour+ Stiff
    Vokey SM4 50*, SM5 56* S Grind
    TP Mills Custom Soft Tail
  • nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    The Mizuno BC putters are being sold now on Dick's Sporting Goods website...the new for 2009 line.

EDIT: the BC-1 is the only one listed there. sorry.

Sharp putters.

Peace.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • bruinmwbruinmw Members  311WRX Points: 68Posts: 311 Greens
    Reid,

Thanks for the awesome coverage, as always. Love all the Betti pics. I love that bc7... looks like another putter to pick up...

We'll have to tee it up next time I come to visit family out there... and would love to listen to you guys talk story at Carl's again, wife permitting of course... lol

mike
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Fuji GD Tour AD Blue 75x
    Callaway Epic Flash 15* Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75x (True Spec proprietary shaft)
    Callaway Apex hybrid 20* Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8s
    TM P770 4-9 Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey 46f, 50f (with Project X LX 6.0), 54s, 58s (with KBS 610x)
    009 Brushed Black, Studio Select Newport, or TM Spider X
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals  7105WRX Points: 62Posts: 7,105 Marshals
    Man, I thought that the Classic Performance Type 1F putter would be the next must have for me, but these look even closer to the BB18. These must be made lefty. MUST!

image/betty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':betty:' />

Posted:
    :hi:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    Wow.
    Posted:
  • Lefty CatLefty Cat Team Bonecrusher Lefty Boomers  1560WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,560
    Did I see a double sound-slot? Thats knuckin futs!!!!!
    Posted:
  • macglockmacglock Members  1517WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,517
    Please tell me BC6 and BC7 are coming to retail

Awesome pics!!!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • pezjasonpezjason Lefty Boomers  255WRX Points: 60Posts: 255 Greens
    please please please make the bc7 in left handed!
    Posted:
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals  9368WRX Points: 149Posts: 9,368 Marshals
    Skaffa77 wrote on Jan 13 2009, 06:51 PM:

Nope..your eyes do not deceive you. BC7 will be shown to everyone else who is not part of GolfWRX at the PGA show. Yes it along with many of the other putters not marked "Proto" will be released then.

The Big Lefty wrote on Jan 13 2009, 07:39 PM:

My feelings exactly. Mach1 and I were a little drop-jawed when I flipped that one over. One slot went all the way through and the other half way. Really a great feeling putter. image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />
    Posted:
  • albalb Members  423WRX Points: 55Posts: 423 Bunkers
    WoW...
    Posted:
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals  9368WRX Points: 149Posts: 9,368 Marshals
    bruinmw wrote on Jan 13 2009, 07:01 PM:
    Reid,

Thanks for the awesome coverage, as always. Love all the Betti pics. I love that bc7... looks like another putter to pick up...

We'll have to tee it up next time I come to visit family out there... and would love to listen to you guys talk story at Carl's again, wife permitting of course... lol

mike

Mike..just saw your post. Glad you enjoyed the pics and YES..leave the wife at the hotel next time. The bs session can go on for hours at the clubhouse!

Anyways...guys..how do you like the new Designed by Bettinardi, made by Belding patent pending cover? I attempted to shake the cover off and it's just solidly on there. Almost like putting on a sock with the standard look. Really a super design. image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />
    Posted:
  • TracySTracyS Members  778WRX Points: 55Posts: 778 Golden Tee
    pitbull808 wrote on Jan 13 2009, 09:47 PM:
    Skaffa77 wrote on Jan 13 2009, 06:51 PM:

Nope..your eyes do not deceive you. BC7 will be shown to everyone else who is not part of GolfWRX at the PGA show. Yes it along with many of the other putters not marked "Proto" will be released then.

The Big Lefty wrote on Jan 13 2009, 07:39 PM:

My feelings exactly. Mach1 and I were a little drop-jawed when I flipped that one over. One slot went all the way through and the other half way. Really a great feeling putter. image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Did you get to putt with it? How did the double sound slots differ? Unfortunately, I couldn't get close enough to see the Betts today. They were pretty far away from the ropes. Next time I'm gonna to stick closer to you instead of wandering around by myself. image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' />
    Posted:
    Ping Anser 10.5, Speeder 661 Stiff
    Callaway X2Hot 3/5 Woods, GD Tour AD Stiff
    Callaway XHot 23*
    Cobra Amp Forged 5-P, KBS Tour+ Stiff
    Vokey SM4 50*, SM5 56* S Grind
    TP Mills Custom Soft Tail

Advertisement
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    pitbull808 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 08:21 PM:
    Anyways...guys..how do you like the new Designed by Bettinardi, made by Belding patent pending cover? I attempted to shake the cover off and it's just solidly on there. Almost like putting on a sock with the standard look. Really a super design. image/yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Purely judging by its looks and what you've said about it I think it has the potential to beat AM&E to be the preferred cover maker!

Do the putter heads have a snug fit inside the head? And do you know how much a blank Belding cover would be (just for a comparison with AM&E)??
    Posted:
  • xxioxxio Cebu, PhilippinesMembers  5836WRX Points: 291Posts: 5,836 Titanium Tees
    Sorry Bimini, I have to be loyal...BC7!!!
    Posted:
  • Russ ArnoldRuss Arnold ClubWRX  219WRX Points: 0Posts: 219
    The BC7 is really, really good. The new headcover design is a winner. Thanks for sharing.
    Posted:
  • RiuzziRiuzzi Kwok'd! Marshals  2770WRX Points: 63Handicap: 7Posts: 2,770 Marshals
    image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' /> Once again, great pics Reid! The BC7 looks amazing, but the mallets are also just drop dead gorgeus. The BB8 proto design is probably my favorite design, and it looks even better in person!

The headcover design looks like a winner as well!
    Posted:
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals  6294WRX Points: 153Posts: 6,294 Marshals
    I think it's officially time to make a trip to Studio B. Great follow-up pics Reid!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • bartolomeobartolomeo Retired International Playboy Members  531WRX Points: 82Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    pitbull808 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 04:21 AM:
    bruinmw wrote on Jan 13 2009, 07:01 PM:
    Reid,

mike

Mike..just saw your post. Glad you enjoyed the pics and YES..leave the wife at the hotel next time. The bs session can go on for hours at the clubhouse!

As a Scotty fan, I have to give props to the new HC from Bob, I think he hit the nail on the head with this concept. No velcro, ease of getting on/off and still maintain ability to stitch fancy designs all over the HC

good job!

Bart(tm)
    Posted:
  • MekeniMekeni Members  300WRX Points: 60Posts: 300 Bunkers
    I must say.. if that BC7 is going retail 8802 fans out there will riot!
    Posted:
  • myndcraftmyndcraft Members  425WRX Points: 55Posts: 425 Greens
    I like the BC7, but I love this whatever it is

rss_img_Sony%202009%20Tuesday%20053.jpg
    Posted:
  • jickjick Members  1151WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,151 Platinum Tees
    The BC6 and BC7 are the holy grail of all putters.

Black finishes (oxidization) are not durable and prone to rust. These are durable.

Carbon steel has better feel than stainless but many prefer stainless because it is maintenance free. These are carbon and maintenance free.

Other milled putter makers are being left by the wayside because they cannot compete with the roll-groove technology of other brands. One-piece milled putters cannot also compete with the feel of insert putters that are so soft. This one is one-piece, has no insert, but its unique sweetspot pattern gives it both roll-face technology and and extremely soft feel.

These putters are over 340 grams in headweight.

And most of all, these putters will be offered to the regular public as a production model, so they will be cheap!

Man, I am really salivating at the possibility of having thee two putters. Now this will be the definitive Anser and 8802 copies.

Count me in, I will definitely buy once released!
    Posted:
  • pearls24pearls24 Members  1098WRX Points: 142Posts: 1,098 Platinum Tees
    I agree with Myndcraft- whatever that proto is it sure looks pretty sweet. Love the new BB2 in black. Add a sightline and I am game.
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2019 M5 with Fuji Ventus Blue 6x 
    Taylormade 2019 M5 fairway wood with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
    Callaway Apex Utility- 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber 125X
    Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS $ Taper (130x)
    Vokey SM7 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with TT DG Black Onyx S400
    Odyssey O Works Black #2M CS

Advertisement
  • vanla01vanla01 Members  1660WRX Points: 104Posts: 1,660 Platinum Tees
    I cant wait to get another headover and putter from Bettinardi!!! Jimmy, I'm lock and loaded!!!
    Posted:
  • B-ManB-Man silky smooth Members  1379WRX Points: 201Handicap: +0.0Posts: 1,379 Platinum Tees
    That BC7 looks great. One observation though, doesn't that typical blade have a sweet spot much closer to the heel. If so, that 'fit face' milling would seem to be a little too far towards the toe?
    Posted:
    Vapor Speed Driver
    TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW
    TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW
    Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW
    Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, 56/10, 60/9
    TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
    BOOM!
  • jickjick Members  1151WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,151 Platinum Tees
    B-Man wrote on Jan 14 2009, 11:45 PM:
    That BC7 looks great. One observation though, doesn't that typical blade have a sweet spot much closer to the heel. If so, that 'fit face' milling would seem to be a little too far towards the toe?

The Fit-Face is closer to the heel if you notice. And there is a little more heft towards the toe - it actually tapers bigger towards there. This means that the sweetspot should be right in the middle of the Fit-Face.

Bettinardi is quite particular about his sweetspots, and he lines them up with the sightlines, unlike other puttermakers who aren't as particular with sweetpots and have them all over the place.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.