My New Slighter

rocketrod ·  
rocketrodrocketrod Members  148WRX Points: 0Posts: 148
Magic Stick
Hi guys I just wanted to share my new weapon from Tom Slighter.

I choose the heel shafted Redmond with no line as I wanted something clean and sleek to putt with. Can get mechanical and was hoping this would free me up. I bought this as a tribute to my wife for the birth of our son so it has my initials on the face and my sons name (Ethan) on one bumper and my wife`s (Siobhan) on the other.

The quality of the putter is amazing, for me better than Scotty, the face and back milling is spot on and the hand stamping is of a high quality. Mr Slighter was great to work with and so profesional, he answered all my silly questions with lightning speed. It was nice to be able to log on to his site and see the progress of the putter. He also finished it over 3 weeks before he said he would. I would not hesitate to order another putter from him.

The feel is crispy soft and the distance control great. I asked for 32.5" and he made the head 370grams to get a nice heavy feel. The Katana headcover is very high end and looks sweet. I hope he will do his own line of grips but the Winn it came with was nice.

As you can see from the grass in the pics I will be using this not hanging it on the wall. Maybe my son will use it when he is older.

Am very happy, thanks Slighter.

SlighterPutterPics14Jan2009009.jpg

SlighterPutterPics14Jan2009005.jpg

SlighterPutterPics14Jan2009001.jpg
Posted:

Comments

• vanla01vanla01 Members  1660WRX Points: 104Posts: 1,660 Platinum Tees
    Great looking putter and good choice of colors too. Tom's work is always top notch, congrats on the beautiful putter!!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • FilliesFillies Members  119WRX Points: 0Handicap: 3.0Posts: 119
    A piece of art. Congrats!
    Posted:
  • dags27dags27 Members  912WRX Points: 107Posts: 912 Golden Tee
    Gorgeous!!!!! Have fun with it!!!
    Posted:
  • golfluvzmegolfluvzme Members  2738WRX Points: 235Posts: 2,738 Titanium Tees
    Tom never disappoints with his work! That is a great looking flatstick!

He has been one of my best friends in the putter world and is a very classy guy.

Great choice and I hope that it makes everything in sight!

Thanks for sharing those pictures!

LaMont in AZ
    Posted:
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members  6562WRX Points: 66Posts: 6,562 Titanium Tees
    VERY VERY nice looking flatstick!
    Posted:
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • weaver93weaver93 Members  1038WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,038
    I got Tom to make me an Edmonds last year and I must say you are right. One of the best crafted putters I have. You are going to love yours. I really like the green (almost mint) with the red. It goes well with the cover. I have a Slighter stitch back on mine. Did you check to see if he is going to get any of those in or did you want the synthetic? Some just don't like the leather, but it looks good with the Slighter symbol. I use the stitch backs so I am comfortable with them. Don't you think his stamping is some of the best you have seen?

Enjoy,

Mark
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • curryjcurryj Members  384WRX Points: 0Posts: 384
    love it....nice job with the pics too image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • bgolfingbgolfing Members  492WRX Points: 0Posts: 492
    Any pics in address position w/ a ball?
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.