has never compromise

Dill Pickleson ·  
Dill PicklesonDill Pickleson Go CeltsMembers  3823WRX Points: 145Posts: 3,823 Titanium Tees
been compromised?
i know vj and boo r still using them

but has cleveland decided not to continue them?
Posted:
Ping G400 Max 9* Hzrdus Yellow 75x
Titleist 906F2 15* Proforce V2 85x
TaylorMade M3 17* Tensei Blue 80x
Ping iblade 3-PW x100
Vokey SM7 52* & 58* s200
TaylorMade TP Black Copper Juno
Vessel Cart Bag

Comments

• zzmkdwzzmkdw Members  644WRX Points: 0Posts: 644
    Wsc04forever wrote on Jan 14 2009, 03:34 PM:

I was told that Never Compromise was done by one of the guys at a local shop. All of the stores in our area have moved NC putters to the bargain bin or cleared them out all together. Unless there is a new line being unveiled soon, I would assume this is the end. It's too bad really i pulled my Milled #6 out of the closet the other day and rolled a few with it. It's still one of the nicest feeling putters out there. I am not sure, but i think they were the first modern company to fool with adjustable weight putters. As a company they certainly weren't afraid to try new things.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • scotchbladescotchblade Members  2385WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,385
    My first milled putter was the Milled Series #1. Great, underrated putter!
    Posted:
  • MrParr1NoidMrParr1Noid Bag For Sale .. Juan uva kind.. Only used on Sunday.. ;-) Still LivingClubWRX  7212WRX Points: 65Handicap: 7/11Posts: 7,212 Titanium Tees
    Never Compromise has made some great putters. Here is a bead blasted ex-backup putter to some big guy on the PGA tour.

Posted:
    All Callaway all long..
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals  9368WRX Points: 149Posts: 9,368 Marshals
    Wsc04forever wrote on Jan 14 2009, 10:34 AM:

Look at the Sony pictures. There were tons of them on hand for the players to try which surprised me in two ways. One, they still had Exchange putters on hand..which I fell out of interest with very quickly after purchasing one when it came out I guess almost two years ago. Two, they only had four Cleveland Milled putters on display. I really would have thought it would have been the opposite.

BTW Mac...I didn't know you had that putter bead blasted. Looks great and wasn't that putter a bit different then the retails?? image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    The Milled Series is excellent, especially for the price it can be found for. I recommend it to any beginner friends looking for a cheap putter.

Having said that, with its current offering and what the competition is releasing, I don't think NC can survive.

Also, since Cleveland is selling putters under its own brand name, wouldn't it further signify the demise of the NC brand?
    Posted:
  • HonmanHonman Members  1054WRX Points: 66Handicap: 9Posts: 1,054 Platinum Tees
    I've been told Never Compromise is relaunching this show, maybe at the PGA show. Expect a new colour scheme.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9 Stiff Weight back Aldila Rogue White 60 S
    Fairway Wood: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Aldila Rogue White 70 S
    Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18, 20, 
    Irons: Callaway Epic Forged Aerotech Steefiber 95
    Wedge: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth AWT 50, 56, 60
    Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab 10
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

Advertisement
  • zzmkdwzzmkdw Members  644WRX Points: 0Posts: 644
    Honman wrote on Jan 15 2009, 01:51 AM:
    I've been told Never Compromise is relaunching this show, maybe at the PGA show. Expect a new colour scheme.

I hope your information is right. It would be great to see them stick around and make a resurgence.
    Posted:
  • Dill PicklesonDill Pickleson Go Celts Members  3823WRX Points: 145Posts: 3,823 Titanium Tees
    interesting stuff, i always thought they made quality putters
    Posted:
    Ping iblade 3-PW x100
    Vokey SM7 52* & 58* s200
    Vessel Cart Bag
  • hackhack Members  719WRX Points: 60Posts: 719 Bunkers
    MrParr1Noid wrote on Jan 14 2009, 09:07 PM:
    Never Compromise has made some great putters. Here is a bead blasted ex-backup putter to some big guy on the PGA tour.

That looks great. I am now reconsidering picking up a milled series with the knowledge that you can bead blast the black color out and have a uniform colored putter. My biggest hangup with the NC Milled line was that everyone said you could not do anything with the black finish...
    Posted:
  • MrParr1NoidMrParr1Noid Bag For Sale .. Juan uva kind.. Only used on Sunday.. ;-) Still LivingClubWRX  7212WRX Points: 65Handicap: 7/11Posts: 7,212 Titanium Tees
    pitbull808 wrote on Jan 15 2009, 12:44 AM:
    Wsc04forever wrote on Jan 14 2009, 10:34 AM:

Look at the Sony pictures. There were tons of them on hand for the players to try which surprised me in two ways. One, they still had Exchange putters on hand..which I fell out of interest with very quickly after purchasing one when it came out I guess almost two years ago. Two, they only had four Cleveland Milled putters on display. I really would have thought it would have been the opposite.

BTW Mac...I didn't know you had that putter bead blasted. Looks great and wasn't that putter a bit different then the retails?? image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

This isn't my putter but a friend of a friend that I know.....Ok, I admit. ..this isn't your run of the mill retail jobbie...Rumor has it, the block of metal this putter was milled from?? Cost over $600 and was milled in Japan. I have no idea of how a block of JSS could run that much but that's what I was told.
    Posted:
    All Callaway all long..
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members  3176WRX Points: 146Posts: 3,176 Titanium Tees
    I just bought the GM exchange #1 mallet.

Great putter . One of the best insert . The distance control and alignment is breeze and the roll is unbelievable. I have never been that good at those 8 -10 feet putts.

My buttonback is in backseat for last few weeks . Give it try at your local Golf store.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • floydfloyd Members  2826WRX Points: 124Handicap: +2.3Posts: 2,826 Titanium Tees
    I like their putters but I don't care for the grey and black.
    Posted:
  • djl0657djl0657 Members  353WRX Points: 0Posts: 353
    I've owned two NC's over the years. I shot my best round ever with a NC VOODOO, back in 2004; not clear why I ever got rid of it.

Years ago, I had a center shaft prototype putter and I put it on ebay and got a ton of bids. I suppose I should have kept that one also.

I hope that NC doesn't disappear, but if they do I like the CLEVELAND milled series putters as a possible alternative. Having said that, I just traded a few putters the other day for a new fairway wood and am down to a manageable putter count again. Don't ask how many. image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
    Posted:
  • Seve424Seve424 Members  538WRX Points: 55Posts: 538 Bunkers
    David Toms was using the blade looking model in the Sony yesterday, that's a good looking putter.
    Posted:
  • 59Bassman59Bassman Members  241WRX Points: 0Posts: 241
    I bought one of the GM Exchange putters (a #8 - Anser 2 style) last year on closeout for $70. It is a very nice putter. I think the weighting system is cool, and it certainly allows you to play around and determine how you like the balance of the putter to feel. The headcover was probably the best design I've seen, and it has a pretty darned good feel to it.

That said, I found out that I liked the putter best with no weights (330 gm) and I preferred the Mizuno C-03 I bought in that weight more. The NC is still in the stable, and I pick it up from time to time. I do like that putter quite a bit.
    Posted:
  • Dill PicklesonDill Pickleson Go Celts Members  3823WRX Points: 145Posts: 3,823 Titanium Tees
    are vj and boo using the gm2 exchange or the milled ones that came out earlier
    Posted:
    Ping iblade 3-PW x100
    Vokey SM7 52* & 58* s200
    Vessel Cart Bag

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.