Odyssey XG putters?????

jjrpilot ·  
jjrpilotjjrpilot Members  339WRX Points: 86Posts: 339 Greens
Bouncy face?
I just got a LH XG 9 putter the other day (brand new) and got it chopped to 33" and bought and installed an IOMIC putter grip (best in the world!)

Anyways I was giving it a test run....is it me...or does the ball just ZOOM off the putter face???????

I was using a Cleveland Designed By stainless steel putter.........I'm not sure which one I like the best........

The XG 9 also tended to "over exaggerate" my mistakes... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' /> If I came slightly outside to in...in would really "spin" the ball off course........

Anyone have similar results? I'll give the XG 9 a couple more runs....we'll see...I might just stick with the Cleveland....
Posted:

Comments

• SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals  6294WRX Points: 153Posts: 6,294 Marshals
    The XG definitely has a SOFTER insert, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "bouncy".
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6929WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,929 ClubWRX
    My experience with that same putter was very similar. I liked the overall design, but had problems with distance control during a round. Some putters were perfect, others felt perfect yet zipped past the hole leaving a tough par save.

Not sure which Cleveland putter you currently own, but the overall heel-shafted design of the XG-9 might be contributing to the "over-exageration" of your mistakes.
    Posted:
  • MAK2525MAK2525 Members  733WRX Points: 0Posts: 733
    jjrpilot wrote on Jan 15 2009, 12:45 PM:
    Anyways I was giving it a test run....is it me...or does the ball just ZOOM off the putter face???????

I was using a Cleveland Designed By stainless steel putter.........I'm not sure which one I like the best........

The XG 9 also tended to "over exaggerate" my mistakes... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' /> If I came slightly outside to in...in would really "spin" the ball off course........

Anyone have similar results? I'll give the XG 9 a couple more runs....we'll see...I might just stick with the Cleveland....

As was stated above, the insert is softer, but I wouldn't call it bouncy at all. I find that putters with the shaft all the way out on the heel like the #9 will accentuate your misses, especially if you have more of a SBST (straight back - straight through) type of stroke.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.