Arkansas Golfers

Any Arkansans out there on this forum? If so where do you play?

Driver: ZX5 MKII 8.5 LS w/TOUR AD VF-6x
Fairway: Srixon ZX MKII 13.5* w/ GD TOUR AD M9003
Hybrid: Srixon ZX MKII 16* w/ Nippon GOST

Utility: Srixon ZX MKII 20* w/Nippon GOST
Irons: SRIXON ZX5 LIMITED EDITION BLACK w/Private Reserve Steelfiber 110
Wedges: RTX6 52* and 56*
Putter: Frontline Elite RHO

Ball: Z-Star XV Divide

All with Bad@$$ headcovers

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Fayetteville. I play at Paradise Valley Athletic Club. I have played here and there around the state, but played at Paradise for about 16 years (on and off during high school/college years).

What about you? Are you in Arkansas?

Steven

TEE EXS 8.5* HZRDUS Yellow 65S
TEE EXS 15* HZRDUS Yellow 75S
PXG 0311X Gen2 DG 120X
Taylormade 2012 MC 3-PW X100
Ping Glide 54/60 S400
SC Select Newport 2.6

I moved to Maumelle a couple months ago, and have only teed it up twice since the move. Only played CC of Arkansas and Maumelle Country Club.

My job ;) brings me all over the state though..

• 3 weeks later...

Let me know when you are in the area and maybe we can play.

I am more busy now than ever, my wife and I added a new baby girl to the family last week. But, I will try to get out if the chance arises. Let me know.

Steven

PXG 0311X Gen2 DG 120X
Ping Glide 54/60 S400
SC Select Newport 2.6

You guys play any of the Lindsey courses?

I play Paradise Valley in Fayetteville. I've played Lost Springs in Rogers, as well as all the 9 hole courses in Northwest Arkansas, there are several.

Steven

PXG 0311X Gen2 DG 120X
Ping Glide 54/60 S400
SC Select Newport 2.6

Conway here. CCofA, Greystone, Tannenbaum, Mt. Ranch, you name it, i'm there!

You know Toppy Owens by chance? I know he is at Mountain Ranch all the time. I played a scramble with him up there a while back, ended up getting a couple passes to play Tannenbaum. I've never made it over to play it though, how is it?

We used to play CCofA in college (Ouachita Baptist in Arkadelphia) since we get could get on as non members and it was nicer than everything we had near Arkadelphia. I enjoyed it.

Steven

PXG 0311X Gen2 DG 120X
Ping Glide 54/60 S400
SC Select Newport 2.6

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

South Arkansas (Warren) here.

I'm a member at the Warren Country Club so that's obviously where I play most of the time these days.

Still, I like to get out and hit a few different courses from time to time.

This year I've played Glenwood, Stonelinks and Pippen Meadows.

Will be playing in a tournament this coming Monday at the Cypress Creek course at Greystone.

Hopefully I'll get a chance later this year to play some of the courses around Greer's Ferry Lake. If not, I'll settle for a couple of rounds at some of the muni's in the LR area.

I'm in central Arkansas (Bryant) and play mostly in Hot Springs Village...Many Many nice course and CHEAP!

It's the way to go!

Pudge,

How does the deal at HSV work? Don't you have to own a lot in the village?

Just curious as to how much that costs and if there are any addition annual fees.

I've always heard the courses up there are really nice, but it's a full 2 hour drive from here so I don't know that I can justify playing there.

Technically, yes you need to have "land owner priveleges". This usually means that you must own the land to have the priveleges that go along with it. But there is another way, and it's completely legit.

They call it "Leasing". I pay an individual for the right to use the priveleges for a lot in the village.

A friend and I pay $350/year ($175 per person) for the lease. This gives us "property owner" rates at the courses. You will get a "Property Owner's" ID card and it's just like you actually owned the property, except that you do not have the right to build or modify the property you lease. I actually have no idea where the lot is that I lease...I don't really care.

Each lot in the village is assigned 2 individuals who may use the priveleges. So I contacted the individual and he had the paperwork sent to the POA office and my friend an I went in signed the papers, paid our $350, got our picture ID made and we were set for a year!

Here is the reason that these people are willing to lease the lots for so little $$$. There are several real estate people who own many lots in the village as they are trying to sell them. Consider it their inventory. Even though the lots are empty (some are not even buildable) and no one is using the priveleges they are still responsible for paying about $350/year in dues for every lot they have in inventory. So, to help offset the cost of owning these lots they will "lease" the rights for the exact same amount as the annual dues.

This is even better than actually owning your own land in the village. If you purchase a lot (maybe $1,000 for a non-buildable lot) you are still responbile for paying the annual dues of $350.

It's a great deal and sometimes you can find them for less than $350/year. check out the HSV newspaper classifieds http://www.hsvvoice.com/common/Classifieds/130.html

Let me know if you have any more questions.

• 1 month later...

since you will be in Conway, ,ake sure you stop by Arkansas Golf Center Sept 18th for the Cleveland Tech Van!

• 2 months later...

[quote name='pudge29' post='1805148' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:36 AM']Technically, yes you need to have "land owner priveleges". This usually means that you must own the land to have the priveleges that go along with it. But there is another way, and it's completely legit.

They call it "Leasing". I pay an individual for the right to use the priveleges for a lot in the village.

A friend and I pay $350/year ($175 per person) for the lease. This gives us "property owner" rates at the courses. You will get a "Property Owner's" ID card and it's just like you actually owned the property, except that you do not have the right to build or modify the property you lease. I actually have no idea where the lot is that I lease...I don't really care.

Each lot in the village is assigned 2 individuals who may use the priveleges. So I contacted the individual and he had the paperwork sent to the POA office and my friend an I went in signed the papers, paid our $350, got our picture ID made and we were set for a year!

Here is the reason that these people are willing to lease the lots for so little $$$. There are several real estate people who own many lots in the village as they are trying to sell them. Consider it their inventory. Even though the lots are empty (some are not even buildable) and no one is using the priveleges they are still responsible for paying about $350/year in dues for every lot they have in inventory. So, to help offset the cost of owning these lots they will "lease" the rights for the exact same amount as the annual dues.

This is even better than actually owning your own land in the village. If you purchase a lot (maybe $1,000 for a non-buildable lot) you are still responbile for paying the annual dues of $350.

It's a great deal and sometimes you can find them for less than $350/year. check out the HSV newspaper classifieds [url="http://www.hsvvoice.com/common/Classifieds/130.html"]http://www.hsvvoice.com/common/Classifieds/130.html[/url]

Let me know if you have any more questions.[/quote]

I'm in Bella Vista and it's very similiar to Hot Springs Village -- buy a "member" lot, pay $30 for the "activity card" and get great rates on 8 courses up here ($11 green fee w/ cart after 4:00 in the fall / winter -- 5:00 in the summer; $29 single-rider, prime time weekend rate) for a $16/month "assessment" fee. I think the two villages actually reciprocate as they were or still are Cooper properties. The courses in Bella Vista are reasonably decent for the price of golf and considering that Bella Vista was (until recently) a retirement community, so you've got to consider that a fair share of the players are either "unable" ( :huh: ) to fix their ball marks or don't even know they left one :crazy2: . They've gotten some new superintendents and things are looking better all the time, especially the Bella Vista Country Club (those greens were lightning quick last time I played -- supposedly rolling ~10).

I absolutely LOVE Eagle Crest in Alma -- what a hidden gem! Zoysia grass [u]everywhere[/u] and really quick and true greens. I don't know how they stay in operation -- it's ~$45 to walk on there as a single on the weekend. The views of the river valley on that course are spectacular! The only complaint that I have with the place is that I think the finishing hole is kind of weak as a par 5 (but the few from the tee box will blow you away).

If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend playing Hardscrabble in Ft. Smith. They host a Nationwide event every year and it's a remarkable property (but private).

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jahopki' post='2018190' date='Oct 21 2009, 07:40 AM']I absolutely LOVE Eagle Crest in Alma -- what a hidden gem! Zoysia grass [u]everywhere[/u] and really quick and true greens. I don't know how they stay in operation -- it's ~$45 to walk on there as a single on the weekend. The views of the river valley on that course are spectacular! The only complaint that I have with the place is that I think the finishing hole is kind of weak as a par 5 (but the few from the tee box will blow you away).

If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend playing Hardscrabble in Ft. Smith. They host a Nationwide event every year and it's a remarkable property (but private).[/quote]

I currently live in Fort Smith and am a member at Hardscrabble. It's a beautiful layout that requires you have great course management and have a variety of shots in your bag. That being said, it's a hassle dealing with some of the "country club mafia" members that think they own the place. It can get annoying at times, but I just avoid the clubhouse all together and never have to run into any of them (unless of course I'm stuck behind them and they won't let me play through).

As for Eagle Crest, that place is a great layout and does have some pretty views. The Zoysia grass takes a bit of getting used to (it feels like your hitting off someone's front lawn), but it is definitely worth anyone's while to check it out if they are in the area.

• 1 month later...