Putter Fitting

nmk ·  
nmknmk Members  289WRX Points: 0Posts: 289
Straight shaft or bent shaft
I was searching for a SC putter, the Studio Select Fast Back 1 with a bent neck but the local first asked me which eye is stronger and then told me I need a straight neck, no offset.

Is there a difference? Is it important?

I really like the swing of the fast back but it does not come in a straight neck.

Thanks for any help.
Posted:

Comments

• ZlimZlim Go Buffs! Members  996WRX Points: 0Posts: 996
    Are your right handed and which eye is you strong eye? and no this is one of those things that come down to preferrence. I know some great players to play offset (bent) and some bad ones that play straight shaft but put very well. so really that guys was just giving suggestions but it will take a while for you to find the right set up.

I find the offset to help because I like to be over the ball and also see a straight (non leaning) shaft when I set up. GOOD LUCK
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • PuttingDoctorPuttingDoctor The Putting Doctor Members  2119WRX Points: 1Posts: 2,119 Platinum Tees
    My money is on you being left eye dominant... if you're right handed. If you are a mid to high handicap the rule of thumb generally works. I'd rather you aim with a number of sticks with varying degree of offset while I check your aim with a laser. But the info you got is very likely right and a straight hosel will allow you to see/aim better.
    Posted:
    Glen Coombe
    The Putting Doctor “Retired!”
    Level 3 SAM PuttLab Instructor
    Carribean Represemtative SAM Sports
    Creator of Perfection Platforms
    Http://puttingdoctor.net

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.