Does anyone prefer the Nike SQ Tour to the SQ Max??

LeftygolfinLeftygolfin Lefty Boomers Posts: 956
Seems like everyone likes the max better??
Is there ANYONE who prefers the SQ Tour to the SQ Max?? I tried the SQ Max with an Aldila NV65 Stiff shaft that I did not like at all. I wonder it if was just the shaft. Sold it and purchased the SQ Tour. I haven't played a round with the Tour yet as I am having it reshafted with a Grafalloy Comp NT Prototype Stiff shaft but I did hit a few balls with the regular flex shaft that was in it(All I could find left handed) and the Tour just feels a little better to me, more simular to the Ignite that I love so much. Seems like everything I read says that the SQ Max is more forgiving and longer. The head just seemed so darn big to me that I couldn't control or something. Anyone tried the Comp NT in a SQ Tour or Max?? What do you guys think?? Thanks guys.

Comments

• mpsteinmpstein Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    I like the tour better than the pancake. My spin numbers were lower, and after coming from hitting a 340cc driver--it's plenty forgiving and not too much of a change for me.
  • abewleyabewley Members Posts: 3,174
    still waiting to see. my proto v2 will be here today or monday. so hopefully i will get to test in next week.
  • pingshack22pingshack22 Members Posts: 767
    abewley - if you put your proto V2 in a SQ (max) head, I would bet my last dollar it replaces your current driver - keep us posted !
    TaylorMade M2 (9.5*)
    Exotics CB5 (15*)
    TM Rescue TP (19*)
    Mizuno JPX 850 Forged (4-GW)
    PING Anser Forged (54*,58*)
    PING Vintage Pal 2 (35")
  • papichulostevepapichulosteve Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭
    pingshack22 wrote on Mar 4 2006, 02:46 PM:

abewley - if you put your proto V2 in a SQ (max) head, I would bet my last dollar it replaces your current driver - keep us posted !

i second that bet. i've got the retail V2 in an SQ max and don't think i have ever hit a driver longer and easier then this guy. my ball flight is a nice mid trajectory that just seems to keep going.
  • gavdoggavdog Members Posts: 51
    the tour looks better, has lower spin numbers and a more sqaure face. Its plenty forgiving.....
  • vsprotovsproto Members Posts: 817 ✭✭
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the volume difference between the Max and Tour?
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    mclemmer48 wrote on Mar 4 2006, 09:14 PM:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the volume difference between the Max and Tour?

It's the same, just different shape.
  • bbreverbbrever Members Posts: 54
    Just curious if you are supposed to tee the ball lower with Nike SQ? I talked with a Nike rep yesterday and he said no, you are supposed to tee the ball high with the SQ but I thought I had heard differently. I noticed that when Tiger hits driver off the tee you can't see any part of the ball from the down the line view.