Mutilpe Putters

tagot ·  
tagottagot Members  42WRX Points: 0Posts: 42
Use the same grips?
For all of you those have/use several putters, how important is it for you use the same grip on them?
Posted:

Comments

• nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    It is and it isn't....I've come to find out that the grip "style" that works best for me is the Pingman grip and any other grip that has the same consistency in feel, ie The Cameron Studio Design grips.

So yes and no.

Peace.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BigLeftyinAZBigLeftyinAZ Lefty Boomers  2484WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,484
    My three putters all have the same grip A biglite
    Posted:
  • djl0657djl0657 Members  353WRX Points: 0Posts: 353
    I've been all over the map with putter grips. While not a WYNN guy on regular clubs, I love their AVS series in a paddle style (regular size). I also have had success with the LAMKIN TORSION CONTROL. I'm back down to three putters, two WYNNs and an OEM GOLF PRIDE V-RAD logo grip on my new MACGREGOR DCT SUNSET putter.
    Posted:
  • jefffannjefffann pablo Members  202WRX Points: 0Posts: 202
    I've got almost as many different grips as putters.Seem partial to the pingman and studio design but I also like the jumbo royal danny edwards , the ping fingerlock,and u. s. grip prowrap
    Posted:
  • joekellijoekelli A member of the exclusive "Kingdom 14" Cuyahoga Falls, OhioMembers  2700WRX Points: 148Posts: 2,700 Titanium Tees
    I have 2 putters, a white hot #2 and a wilson 8861. I use a tiger shark jumbo on both. I think if you dont have the same grip then its hard to tell what the differences are in the head. These putters give me two totally different feels. If they had different grips then I wouldnt know where the difference was coming from.
    Posted:
    Wilson Cortex 9* Atmos Black 7x
    Ping G400 14.5 Atmos Blue 8x
    TaylorMade M3 Rescue 19* Tensei Blue 70x
    Wilson C300 forged 4-GW  KBS tour 105 stiff
    Wilson PMP raw 56 bent to 53
    TM High toe 58 atv grind
    Piretti Potenza II Black Onyx
    TM TP5x

• MSaternusMSaternus Members  572WRX Points: 0Posts: 572
    I have Iomic putter grips on all my Anser 2-style putters (2 Camerons and 1 (2 VERY SOON) Byrons). The only exception is my center shaft TM Monza Corza, the ugly duckling in the bunch, which has a great big Winn pistol grip. I like to go to that one when I need to shake things up.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • herd8497herd8497 Members  386WRX Points: 0Posts: 386
    If I'm using the putter on the course, it has a Gripmaster on it.
    Posted:
  • choeppnerchoeppner Blue Ridge, GACharter Members  10368WRX Points: 105Posts: 10,368 Titanium Tees
    I have a varity of grips on my putters. It all depends on what feels best to me on that putter.

-Chris
    Posted:

My WITB - April 2020

Driver - TM M2 with Hzardous 6.5

5 Wood - Callaway Epic with Evenflow Stiff

Hybrid - Callaway Mavrik 4

4-9 Iron - Callaway Aprex Pro Black CB's

48,52,56,50 - Custom Paul Casey Wedges

Putter - Custom MACHINE M8 Gooseneck

• nsduff22nsduff22 UNC-Go Heels Go!! Members  594WRX Points: 92Posts: 594 Golden Tee
    I tend to prefer a larger grip on my putters. I have Winn midsize pistols on a few of my sticks. The old gray one with the red stripes at the top is my favorite. Most of my Cameron's have their stock grips, but I don't like the smaller grips (studio design/pingman). I prefer the cord style Cameron's, but the best ever is a Cord/no cord. If I go Iomic, I need at least a Medium.

Not a big fan of the stitchbacks or gripmasters. It just takes away feel for me.

Interesting post.....we're all different that's for sure!
    Posted:
  • tagottagot Members  42WRX Points: 0Posts: 42
    Personally, I have had a Winn Midsize on a Rossie II that I gamed for about the last 3 or 4 years. It feels great in my hands but I been trying some older asners and a B60 with smaller Ping grips and my putting seems to be more consistent. I'm currently thinking about putting a Pingman on the Karsten B60. I've really been consentrating on improving my putting the last six months or so and I don't know if I'm getting better at putting or the smaller head and grips is helping my stroke. Still trying to work it out.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.