College

hey seniors!
Seniors, just wanted to know if any of you have chosen a college to attend in the fall, and if so why? Either related or non related to golf.

I am currently deciding between the University of Washington, or the PGM program at Methodist College, Clemson University, or Arizona State University.

Mike

Comments

• Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Amherst College in Mass.

Had absolutely zero to do with golf, but it's the number 2 liberal arts college in the US so it was either that or try for an IVY league but I wanted to be in Mass. and so it was Amherst, Tufts, Harvard, or MIT and I just fell in love with Amherst so I chose E.D. there and got in. I am playing golf but that didnt factor into my decision much as I also applied places that didn't even have men's golf teams.

GO JEFFS!!!

Adam
  • wholeinwon wholeinwon Members Posts: 2,236 ✭✭
    ASU!!!!!

HOW CAN YOU NOT PICK ASU!?!?!?!?

have you seen the chicks at ASU??

lol
  • NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    NC State on a golf scholarship.

Adam
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    MatucH wrote on Mar 9 2006, 04:46 PM:

ASU!!!!!

HOW CAN YOU NOT PICK ASU!?!?!?!?

have you seen the chicks at ASU??

lol

LSU and ASU, Texas has some good schools w/ ladies as well image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ok:' />

image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> now back image/ontopic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • lhsgolfer2lhsgolfer2 Members Posts: 403
    MIT!!! Dude, if you had a chance to go to MIT then i give you a lot of respect, congrats on your hard work!

Mike Olson
  • riverrat066riverrat066 Members Posts: 23
    I am deciding between ASU, Clemson, and NC state for the pgm program.
  • NIUeman25NIUeman25 Members Posts: 56
    Where ever you guys chose to go, GO SOUTH! Not being able to tee it up from November til March is brutal. Cabin fever has a bad affect on class too.
  • PGMladyPGMlady Golf Professional Members Posts: 294
    Methodist does not have the best selection of girls. But the guy to girl ratio keeps getting better every year. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    riverrat066 wrote on Mar 9 2006, 10:20 PM:

I am deciding between ASU, Clemson, and NC state for the pgm program.

NC State for sure image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Adam
  • Croonie15Croonie15 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX. Golf Scholarship.

Croonie
    Croonie15 wrote on Mar 12 2006, 03:39 AM:

Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX. Golf Scholarship.

Croonie

I believe Jake Repokis is going to play there next year as well. He is a great guy and a good friend of mine.

Adam
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers Posts: 466
    My sister is going to SMU!
    I'm telling you dude, ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY how can you beat going to school in Arizona for 8 months!?!?!?!

Come on easy choice imo. I wish i could travel to the States for school, id be all over ASU.
    Thats it!!!

With our colleges on strike I've started looking south.

ASU has a hockey team i could crack plus a PGM program...

Emails going out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    MatucH wrote on Mar 13 2006, 06:56 PM:

Thats it!!!

With our colleges on strike I've started looking south.

Emails going out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

My understanding with PGM programs is that it is virtually impossible to do PGM and play ANY Varsity Sport at college.....(Just my Understanding)

GoOsE image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • littleprov1xlittleprov1x Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭
    Like Cameron Circle T I chose a school before a golf program, and luckily I am good enough to play there. I will be going to Claremont McKenna in Souther California.
  • ronron Lefty Boomers Posts: 171
    Campbell University PGM in NC
  • Penguins66Penguins66 Members Posts: 89
    edited Mar 19, 2006 #19
    MatucH wrote on Mar 13 2006, 06&#58;56 PM:

I don't know anything about your hockey ability, but ASU has one of the best hockey programs in the country. It is very hard to make. You better be the best player in your area if you want to play there. They do a lot of recruiting too. I know because my cousin was looking for somewhere to play. He ended up at PSU #1 ranked team right now.
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Topic cleaned up taking it back to what the original poster had intended...seniors going to college.
  • b1lee5b1lee5 Members Posts: 64
    I'll be going to Cornell U. Go BIG RED!
    edited Mar 19, 2006 #22
    They are lol??

Where did you get this information?

You realize to play ASU hockey it costs you $2000/year out of pocket?

Also the coach said when I contact him all his players come from Jr.B, Tier 1 midget or D3 College. Thats not even close to the best in the country. Tier 1 midget is terrible hockey, and the American Jr. B is a JOKE.

Also ASU hockey is not even affliated with the NCAA...they aren't even a part of ASU athletic page on the internet. They are part of the ACHA (American Colligate Hockey Association) and play none of the big teams in the NCAA.

So I'm not sure how many hockey players would be recruitted into paying $2000/year for hockey....

and no they don't have one of the best programs in the country.......not even close.
  • Penguins66Penguins66 Members Posts: 89
    Hang on a second here. They are one of the best CLUB hockey teams in the country consistantly. They get about 10,000 people at their home games. It is a great place to play, if you can make the team. I think you are seriously underestimating the level of play image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> . Again, I have no idea how good you are, but they have a highly esteemed club program there. Some of the players in the area that are looking at ASU for hockey are the best in high school or solid Jr A players. And they do recruit image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy:' /> .
  • allsouthpaw08allsouthpaw08 Lefty Boomers Posts: 228
    hey lhsgolfer2, its not me but my brother is aq senior, and he will most likely be going to Arizona State, just thought you would like to know, arizona should be great tho image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • imabeatonuimabeatonu Members Posts: 95
    I go to smu now. but im transferring to bc, bu, georgetown, nyu, colgate, or skidmore so i can play golf again