Graffaloy ProLAUNCH Blue

I was comparing this (65R) and the NVS 65R and it seemed a little stiffer at the tip, which I really liked. I've been playing with the stock System60 FIRM on my GBBII 415 but it felt a little soft.

Pro Launch 45

* Ideal for slow controlled swings

* Super ultralite weight for increased clubhead speed

* Increases kick velocity and energy transfer

* .335 and .350 tip

Pro Launch 55

* Ultralite weight for the next generation in golf shaft technology

* Micro-Mesh Technology for increased control and distance

* Produces optimum launch angles

* .335 and .350 tip

Pro Launch 65

* Incorporating patent-pending "Dynamic Torsional Stability"

* Decreases likelihood of hooks or slices Increases launch angles

* .335 and .350 tip

Pro Launch 75

* The hot shaft on the PGA Tour

* Heavier design for great feel and clubhead control

* Excellent torsional properties to eliminate hooks and slices

* .335 and .350 tip

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hit three identical titleist 905's one with the Graffaloy shaft, one with Adila and the other i cant remember. My point is the Graffaloy shaft was the softest feeling and had the most controllable launch (for me)

The other two shafts gave the driver a heavier feel and a much harder face at impact. I really enjoyed hitting the 905 with the prolaunch blue and if my buddy didnt beat me to it i may have bought it instead of my Wilson Dd5.

• 6 months later...

Just got a Mizu MP-001/460 with the Graf Blue and it's a very nice combo for my mid-80mph swing...

TM SLDR-430/10.5 @ 12°, OEM speeder 57R
08 Burner 3w/5w 49g M/sr flex
Cobra TWS Hybrids H3/H4 A-flex 60g
Cobra SS-i irons Penley Graphite Light-R
Cleve 588-49LowBounce,900-54LB,588-57LB
TM Spider 72M
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1061239-katbirds-bag-of-sticks/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 months later...

I wanted something to go along with my Grafalloy Blue in my driver, well club fitter recommended this to me and i am sure glad he did. Mine is 75G X-stiff and i have it in a 13* R7TP and boy does it give me a penerating flight with good height. Awesome feel and great of the deck or the tee. I am very pleased and love the look of it!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

• 2 weeks later...

I put a 65 Stiff flex PLBlue in a 17* Adams Tour Spec fwy wood at 42".

It does what it says pretty much- the launch is mid/high and I did not experience any ballooning, so the spin seems right on.

Ball flight is similar to what I had with a Cleveland Launcher 17* 4wd with stock Fuji Gold in Stiff flex. The PLBlue seems a little "tighter"- less dispersion.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just dropped a PL 95 - Stiff in my SQ 15°. I can't wait to hit it!

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one in my cleveland hibore. I played my first full round with it the other day. I never am a high ball hitter. In fact I tend to be low to medium even with the lowest kick point shafts you can find. I was hitting this thing way above tree level all day. Overall I was fairly accurate with it, although my normal miss is an overdraw and I wind up left. I actually had two that either the wind held or it didn't turnover and I wound up in the right rough. That never happens. My distances were roughly the same but in a different way. I average somewhere in the 280 range give or take, depending on the day, with wind rarely being an issue since I hit low and run. Part of the reason i decided on this for the round was it was raining before we went out, and knowing I'd not get as much roll, I opted for this combo. Well getting above the trees brings into play the wind and I had to adjust for something that rarely affects me. I still had around my average, although a few ballooned and got knowcked down in the 250-260 range, while others just seemed to float out to 310 or so. Again ball just dropped with no roll. I guessed I have to figure out if I like the high ball and no roll, or the more boring with plenty of roll. This maybe becomes a swapper into and out of the bag depending on course and conditions. Since I didn't lose distance, nor gain, on cooler, non-windy and rainy days, I may have a regular. BTW, I was just on the monitor, looking at a few other clubs and I hit this in a stiff, SS was pretty consistant at 107-110.

Is the ProLaunch made for the 460CC clubs (like a Superquad), or is it for the 425CC and lower clubs?

I ask because I have the ProLaunch 65S in a r7 Quad 9.5*, and I love it. I feel more confident hitting that club than any other club in my bag. I know my drive will go straight or fade to the right, so I'm able to completely take the left-side out of play. I can consistently hit it 270 in the air.

The only problem that I have with it is too much backspin and I play on wet fairways, so often times my ballmark will be a few yards in front of where the ball ended up. In fact, often times I can back-up my driver more than my sand wedge.

I guess I could fool around with other shafts and find one that would give me some roll, but I'm not on the Tour, so a consistent 270 yds in the fairway is good enough for me.

Anyway, I'm buying a r7 Superquad and I'll likely replace the stock shaft. Just wanted to know if I should go with the regular Grafalloy Blue (as it is supposedly specifically made for 460CC-sized club heads) or if the ProLaunch will work in it also.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

RJ- and others: According to the shaft selector at True Temper's shaft fit site guys who are swinging 102mph+ probably should be in an "X" flex with this shaft, although swing speed is only one criteria for shaft fitting.

The most important criteria for shaft fitting is how we load the shaft and the ball flight/spin that we need or don't need. I also have a tendency to spin the ball a lot off of the driver so I went and got tested from the former owner of Pin Tracker's with some equipment that specifically tests for shaft fitting (not a launch monitor setup that extrapolates shaft needs from projected distance, spin, and dispersion).

Aggressive tempo swingers need stiffer shafts even if their swing speed may not technically warrant it according to the "norm" categories. I just got tested and was told/shown that I was actually off of the chart in how much I load the shaft (SS up to 112mph with 8+ inches of shaft deflection). The recommendation that I got was to go with a Graffaloy PL Blue "X" flex due to its soft tip for ball flight and stiffness for tighter dispersion.

Although I have looked around for other shafts with comparable spec's I haven't been able to find any in the "X" flex range but with a low kick point that weight in at the preferred 65g class (75g would be ok I guess). Does anyone else know of any other shafts that I might want to take into account?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After trying this shaft (X65) I have to say that it didn't work for me. The reason why it didn't work for me is probably due to the lack of the new axis weave to make the shaft/tip more consistent. The Axis Weave really seems to make a big difference in consistency and launch. The just couldn't adjust to the Pro launch Blue's inconsistency with how the active tip released which caused me to spray the ball both ways and hurt my distance. My left side miss became really horrible. Maybe the new Axis Blue gets rid of this issue but I would be concerned with the higher torque rating that they now have for the lineup (I am glad I just got the older Platinum which has the Axis Weave but it came back in a lower torque rating). When I would slow down with the Pro Launch I would only get a high hook and when I went to 80% or more then it would be anything from a duck hook to a slice! BTW the Platinum Pro Launch that I just got is AWESOME!!! The Platinum is a good 25yrds longer than the Pro Launch Blue (about 10-15yrds longer than my Fubuki X63) and it really calmed down my miss to the left and took the right side out of play, just like the Fubuki did. So while I can't rate the original Pro Launch Blue well I can rate the Platinum as exceptional with the Fubuki in the middle.

• 2 months later...

Guys

I am new to the site and joined because I have had a difficult time finding the correct shaft for my driver(s)....for years, Luckily, within recent weeks I was toying around and installed a 41 inch tipped stock matrix ozik 6.1 stiff shaft in a Ping G2 head. Oddly enough, I really feel that with the combination of shorter driver and stiff tip, I am hitting as many good drives of 245-250 than I ever have with other clubs. Knowing it is only 41 inches, I realize I am sacrificing distance for accuarcy.

My questions is, if I purchase a stiff flex shaft and tip it, would that get me the tip stiffness I am seeking for shaping my trajectory. My swing speed is 105-110.

I would love any shaft ideas.

Thanks guys!