Best stand bag STRAPS?

Not the same old topic -- focusing solely on the straps
Hey guys. There are so many good stand bags out there on the market, but many of them don't have comfortable straps (at least for me). My Hoofer 2 is beginning to show its age and I need to replace it, but I can't seem to find anything that's comfortable (and I don't like the new Ping bags).

So let's hear it. Which bags have the best, most comfortable straps?

e

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titleist bx86, b86, x86? Something 86/ Either way last years Titeist stand bag. It reb,blue, and silverish/white. Its a great looking bag,awesome straps, and pouches. I will try and find the exact name for you.

EDIT: It is the 2008 x86 bag

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Titleist bx86, b86, x86? Something 86/ Either way last years Titeist stand bag. It reb,blue, and silverish/white. Its a great looking bag,awesome straps, and pouches. I will try and find the exact name for you.

I like the Titleist strap system -- kind of like a backpack. Their alphanumeric naming/numbering system is so confusing, though. It makes it really hard to identify their bags by name.

I try them all and always end up going back to Ping

I love my Hoofer 2. However, the newer Ping bags just aren't the same. The Extreme and Vantage have the retractable strap system, and I think it's just plain silly. I mean, why tamper with success? If you want to change the top and the pockets, okay, but they had such a winner with their basic strap system and the new system, in my opinion, just doesn't work as well.

I agree the way titleist does the bag names is totally BS. I am picking up the TM TMX stand bag friday, I think. Nice looking bag, kinda worried about the white though looking nice and fresh after the first month or so though.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

+1 for the Aerolite straps.

What has happened to the "fatter" straps with middle "x" padding?

Everything now looks like they are going back to thin cross straps which are not nearly as comfortable.

Even Sun Mountain has gone to the cross straps....and got rid of their more supportive and padded EZ Fit straps.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

This Aerolite 2 has nice thick straps attached to a lightweight bag which = comfort! plenty of pockets and a bit of style...its my gamer

Aerolite II Stand Bag

Almost 7 pounds for a stand bag? Seems kind of heavy, don't you think?

Old version was 3.5lbs....I think the new one is 6-6.5lbs and still feels lighter than the Ping bags.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

I agree the way titleist does the bag names is totally BS. I am picking up the TM TMX stand bag friday, I think. Nice looking bag, kinda worried about the white though looking nice and fresh after the first month or so though.

I have had one of the TMX stand bags for 3 months now with no problems. The material wipes clean with a damp cloth quite easy. The straps are super comfy too.

I have had one of the TMX stand bags for 3 months now with no problems. The material wipes clean with a damp cloth quite easy. The straps are super comfy too.

Thanks for the info! So basically the white material is not a woven type of material? Is it kinda like fake leather? I really dont know what to call it.

But what ever it is, its not like a Ping, or Titleist, material? It can be wipe down? I really dont know what I am trying to say? Its....not like a woven canvas like Ping and Titleist correct?

I am sorry I know this makes know sence. But do you know what I mean?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

If you can find a way to hook these to your bag I highly recommend them. Not meant for ball-golf, but these things are the most sturdy, well-made, and comfortable straps I've ever seen.

http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/quadshocks.html

Belding used those straps on their bags years ago (I still have one and, in fact, took it out last night to "try it on"). Titleist bags also used that system around the same time (I believe Belding made Titleist bags back then). Great, great strap system.

Thanks for the info! So basically the white material is not a woven type of material? Is it kinda like fake leather? I really dont know what to call it.

But what ever it is, its not like a Ping, or Titleist, material? It can be wipe down? I really dont know what I am trying to say? Its....not like a woven canvas like Ping and Titleist correct?

The white material is a ballistic nylon, it is woven but it is a tight smooth weave not an "open style weave like canvas, however looks similar to leather.

The white material is a ballistic nylon, it is woven but it is a tight smooth weave not an "open style weave like canvas, however looks similar to leather.

Nice thanks for your input. Does it look as good in person? All things look great in a picture on the internet. Some times the item looks cheap, or not as good in person. So do you think the bag looks nice in person, not cheap looking?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

I went to Golfsmith today to look at all the bags. Here are my brief observations concerning the various straps:

Callaway -- I looked at the Warbird Hot, Warbird X, and XTT Xtra Lite. I just don't get it. These bags have so much potential, especially the Warbird Hot. The stand mechanism could be the best one out there. There is a ring around the base that stays firmly planted on the ground, and as you push the bag forward, the legs pop out. That being said, though, the straps were BY FAR the least comfortable ones of all the ones I tried. I called Callaway after I left the store, and they told me they get that comment all the time.

Sun Mountain -- the Four 5 could be the most incredible bag I've ever seen. The straps were the most comfortable ones of all the ones I tried (they are the backpack style straps). The bag was very well thought out in terms of the pockets and such. The only drawback I saw was the 14 divider system. I just don't like it. I know a lot of people like this set up, but it's just not for me. I don't want to have to hunt for the open slot when it comes time to putting a club back in the bag. Oh, I had one other minor issue. The water bottle pocket seemed very narrow at the bottom. I'm not sure why they made it that way.

The Three 5 came in a close second to the Four 5. For some reason, the straps weren't as comfortable/padded as the straps on the Four 5. It was still really comfy, but just not as comfortable as the heavier Four 5.

Titleist -- my comments here are the same as for the equivalent Sun Mountain bags, although I still give the nod to the Four 5 in terms of comfort as the straps on the Titleist bags didn't seem to be as padded.

Ogio -- I looked at quite a few and I don't recall all of their names. I know I tried on the Grom and Vaporlite. These were both very nice bags, but the straps were just so-so for me. The were more comfortable than the Callaways, but not as comfortable as the Sun Mountain/Titleist.

Nike -- here was the surprise for me. I believe I tried on the Nike Element Sport II (or something like that). Nike did a great job with these straps. The second strap is attached to the first strap, so in a sense, it operates very much like the straps on the Sun Mountain bag. Overall, I would rate the Nike very high in terms of comfort.

Ping -- I just don't get Ping. I currently have a Ping Hoofer 2 which I really love. The bags they've come out with over the last few years really don't compare. The Extreme was odd, and the Vantage, while a nice looking bag, is rather bulky and the retractible strap system just isn't necessary and, to me, makes the straps less comfortable. When you put the bag on, it seems like you have to adjust it several times in order to get the straps fully extended and to get it to lay right. I really wanted to like the Ping, but at $189, there are so many better, more economical options.

e

I try them all and always end up going back to Ping

I love my Hoofer 2. However, the newer Ping bags just aren't the same. The Extreme and Vantage have the retractable strap system, and I think it's just plain silly. I mean, why tamper with success? If you want to change the top and the pockets, okay, but they had such a winner with their basic strap system and the new system, in my opinion, just doesn't work as well.

I agree, the older Hoofer's straps where the ultimate in comfortable straps, nice thick, chunky straps, even though the zippers on the bag werent really top notch the straps were great.

The White material on the TaylorMade TMX stand bag is not Ballistic Nylon. It is Synthetic Leather (the same material as used on Staff bags). There are areas of Nylon (the black material on the backside gussets), but overall most of the bag is Synthetic Leather/PU.

According to Taylor Made it is made from "840 ballistic nylon and carbon fiber PU construction"

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainlevel/golfshop.html#30I6

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if you can purchase replacement Dual Shoulder Straps.....I've been looking at a couple of different stand bags but the ones that have a stand that I like I find the Shoulder Straps either don't fit correctly or are too thin for my tastes. The Izzo straps seem to be pretty good and wondered if they can be picked up somewhere by themselves.