Is you love affair over with the MP32's?

giogolf

Becasue of a new set like the: MP60's, 695CB, J33 CB, or other?
Hey Guys,

Is you love affair with the MP32's over or what?
I just got my set on Friday and looking forward to testing them out this week. I am coming from MP37's (used for 2 seasons) and TM 300 (used 5 rounds a year, just have them becasue they are a sweet forged CB). I am a huge blade/muscle back fan. I have played all types of blade irons since I started this great game at the age of 15. However, like many others I need a bit more forgivness but do not want to give up what I love.

I have been seeing alot of MP60 converts on teh forum, as well as J33 CB lovers. But I do not know if I am ready to play a CB full time. Dont get me wrong, My HC is around 12, but my scoring faults lie with the flat stick and the ocasional heavy shot. So I never was able to justify playing CB's, becasue of the flaws stated, I do not think CB's would help me.

So what is the deal, are the MP32's here to stay for you? Are they really as forgiving as people have been saying? I have heard that they are more forgiving than the MP30's and 690Cb's, which is hard to believe but cant wait to see for myself.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on a never ending honeymoon with my 32's. I've been playing them since they were released, and as much of a club ho as I am, they are staying. I've tried to replace them with CG1's, CG2's, 735.cm's and a couple more. I have never had them out of the bag for more than one round. Everytime I think I'm bored and want to try something new, by the 2nd or 3rd hole, I'm asking myself, "what was I thinking?"

As far as forgiveness, they may be a bit more forgiving than the traditional blades I've played. But I feel that they are alot closer to a blade than the forgiveness of a CB like a CG2. But when it comes to workability, there is no loss at all and the feel is second to none.

The 32's now actually save me money, since I finally got it through my head that it doesn't get any better than this and I can stop buying and tinkering with irons. Although I did just buy a new set since my originals are getting a bit tattered looking...

Driver: Callaway ROGUE w/Tour AD Di-6
3w & 5w: Callaway Epic Sub Zero w/Tour AD Di-7
4h: Callaway Epic
5-PW: Callaway Apex MB '18
Wedges: 50* & 54* Mack Daddy 4, 60* Mizuno T7
Putter: Taylormade Tour Spider
Ball: Taylormade TP5x

I have only been using the MP32s for 3 months now, however I see no real reason to change. The clubs hit on a great trajectory - I am a high ball hitter and find the ball flight perfect. The long irons are much easier to hit than my previous irons (Titleist 681s). The MP32s are also longer than the 681s, however this is due to the stronger lofts - it is nice to hit the same club into par 3s as your mates with game improvement irons.

The only thing I wish they had was a less bounce, although I am getting used to them. Remember I am coming from 681s, which have virtually no bounce.

I am interested in the new Titleist 695mbs, however they will need to be something special for me to make the switch.

FYI - I play off 3, mainly due to inconsistent putting.

I hope this helps!

Far away from being over.....

I´m playing them since pretty much exactly 12 months and have just bought a second set of MP32 heads to install some slightly heavier shafts (NS 1150 Tour). First time ever that I replaced a "worn out set" with the same successors. I play and practice quite often and my irons show some nice sweet spot wear...

As a result of that consistency, my iron game is better than it ever was. The head shape and especially the sole grind of the MP32 are perfect for my swing. Don´t get scared: these "blades" are more forgiving than many "pseudo-CBs" on the market (RAC CB, MR23CB...)

I was thinking about getting a mixed set or maybe a MP60 4 iron, but I won´t make any more experiments with my choice of irons, other than installing heavier shafts.

They are really that good (for me: hcp 5.7)

My MP 32s have been in the bag for over a year. That's probably a new record for me since I took the eye 2s out in 1999. They have wear spots on the face, and a bit of bag chatter, but everytime I think I want to change, nothing beats them out. Last week, I demoed the new Bstone J33 CBs, and the 695s. Liked the 695s much more than I thought I would and toyed with the idea of buying them. But, after hitting balls in the dome this weekend, the MP 32s are still in the bag, and feeling better than ever.

Of all of the irons I have played, and I've played more than my share, the MP 32s rank right there at the top!

This is good to hear from all of you. I like someone else mentioned may pul the 3 and 4 iron in place of teh MP60 or maybe 3i hybrid and 4i MP60. That is if I need the extra forgivness of the deck.

I will post a review later this week on this post after i get a real chance to try them out.

I really really want to stop buying iron sets and play one set for more than a season. The hoing's got to stop, but I will still try Drivers to keep my ho hand strong.

I still love mine. I'm going to be using them a lot this season. I have both mp60s and 32s, but I really love the mp32s. To me none of the titleist look as good. I think Miz. really did a great job with the design. I don't think there is a better players iron out there. They are without a doubt more solid and softer than anything i've ever played with.

This is good to hear from all of you. I like someone else mentioned may pul the 3 and 4 iron in place of teh MP60 or maybe 3i hybrid and 4i MP60. That is if I need the extra forgivness of the deck.

I will post a review later this week on this post after i get a real chance to try them out.

I really really want to stop buying iron sets and play one set for more than a season. The hoing's got to stop, but I will still try Drivers to keep my ho hand strong.

I was also thinking of replacing the 3 and 4 irons with something more forgiving.

You should try the J33 / Tourstage Airmuscle 21 instead of an MP60 3 iron. Fantastic club. Regarding the 4 iron, I don´t think it´s really necessary, but certainly worth a try.

Good luck! Ziggy

I don't even look at other iron sets anymore. In fact, I bought a back-up set of MP-32's....They are that good!

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

My honeymoon will never end with these clubs. Like other owners who have posted here, I am looking to pick up a second set in case Mizuno does something crazy and unexpectedly decides to discontinue production.

I actually learned to play golf using Wilson blades from the '70s about 12 years ago. I've played Mizuno forged irons my entire golf life. My very first iron set was the Mizuno MP-9 blades. Then I played the T-Zoid ProII irons. Then tried something a little more forgiving, the MX-20s. I demo'ed the MP-32s when they first came out and was smitten from the very first shot.

No other forged blade is more solid and softer-feeling than the MP-32s (IMHO), period!

Bridgestone Tour B - X driver + FUJIKURA Speeder757 Evolution III 
Cobra F8 Tour 3-wood + ALDILA NV Green 75s
BRIDGESTONE Tour B XD-H 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
Irons: MIZUNO Pro221 + DG S300
Mizuno MP-T5/MP-T22

BETTINARDI BB-1f 

BRIDGESTONE TOUR B RX 

My honeymoon will never end with these clubs. Like other owners who have posted here, I am looking to pick up a second set in case Mizuno does something crazy and unexpectedly decides to discontinue production.

I actually learned to play golf using Wilson blades from the '70s about 12 years ago. I've played Mizuno forged irons my entire golf life. My very first iron set was the Mizuno MP-9 blades. Then I played the T-Zoid ProII irons. Then tried something a little more forgiving, the MX-20s. I demo'ed the MP-32s when they first came out and was smitten from the very first shot.

No other forged blade is more solid and softer-feeling than the MP-32s (IMHO), period!

How do these new irons (MP 32, MP 60, J33 CB) compare to the Mizuno T-Zoid Pro2's? Was wondering how these new irons play to the Pro2's that I'm currently playing. thanks

Does anyone know how big the sweet spot has been expanded too on the MP32's compare to say the MP37 or MP33? And how big is the sweet spot on the MP60 compared to the MP32's? I know I saw it somewhere that the MP60 had a 15% larger hitting area or something like that over the mp32.

I was hitting my MP32 3 iron into my net today with tape on the face, and was hitting all my shots consistently near the heal. I do not know what it is, if it is the my rubber mat, and I dip forward during my down swing or my irons maybe to upright.

Anyway the club felt sweet, I can not wait to play them this thursday for teh first time.

How do these new irons (MP 32, MP 60, J33 CB) compare to the Mizuno T-Zoid Pro2's? Was wondering how these new irons play to the Pro2's that I'm currently playing. thanks

I played a set of T-Zoid Pro IIs for 5 years before switching to the MP-32s last year and I still have the Pro IIs as a backup set. To me the MP-32s feel just as solid as the Pro IIs on a well struck shot and a little softer. I also think the MP-32s are a little more forgiving than the Pro IIs on slight mis-hits and I am not entirely sure why. Although the Pro IIs were touted as a cavity back with a "power bar" for all intents and purpose they were a blade. Its hard to believe the cut muscle design really adds that much forgiveness, but it sure feels that way to me and I have seen some members on this site refer to the 32s as a "mini" cavity back.

I have not noticed any difference in distance between the two sets in the short to middle irons (I have the same shafts in both sets). In the long irons (3, 4) the MP-32s are about 1/2 to 1 club longer (5-10 yards). Where I have noticed a difference is in the height that the MP-32s hit the ball. I was always a low ball flight player, especially with the Pro IIs. I am hitting the ball noticeably higher with the 32s. I do attribute the increase in height to the fact that the mass from the cut muscle portion has been moved lower in the club. In the short to mid irons the increased height has not had an effect on distance, but has made a difference in my ability to stop the ball on the green, and I think the extra height accounts for the increase in distance in the long irons.

I have hit the 60s at a couple of different demo days and I am really impressed with how easy the long irons are to hit. Like others have noted I also may experiment with a split set of MP60s and 32s.

For me the bottom line is the 32s are a definite improvement over the Pro IIs and will remain in my bag for a long time.

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 6.0
Callaway Epic Speed 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 5.5

Big Bertha Alpha 815 20*
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4-6 PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50* F8, 54* S10, 58* D12
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5

My head is usually turned by the next "pretty face" that comes along, and I doubt I've owned a set of irons more than 6-9 months for the last several years. The MP32's, however, are here to stay. I just recently went for a fitting and had them reshafted. They went from being a great set of irons to being outstanding! The performance, the feel, is just something that I have been unable to match before. The "specs" on the DG R300's that came in them from the factory were all over the place. They were too "soft" in the long irons, the PW was stiffer than the 9I, and the "gaps" in cpm from one club to the next were inconsistent. That has all been remedied with the new shafts and the difference was immediately noticeable. I think I'll have to "wear these out" before I'll ever replace them.

Well here it goes. I finally hit the MP32's today, all taped up I might add (did not want to scuff them just yet). Ok so, overall my day was horrible, it was cold, I was stiff, and managed the course horribly. I played 9 holes (Quad, Triple, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Bogey, Bogey), this was by far the worst of this new season.

So, when I was not chunking shots from the fairway with my 9 and PW, I was hitting beautiful tee shots with my 3, and 4 iron. I had 2 fantastic shots, both with my 5 iron, from 206 to 15 feet, then 196, to 5 feet, and made birdie on that hole.

The shots that I actually hit the ball felt awesome, and the long irons where fantastic. However, my short irons 7-PW, I do not know if I was reversing my weight or what, but chunk city. Its times like these that I am embarrassed to play blade type irons.

Besides all the mess-ups, when I did hit them, they were unbelievable, far better than the MP37's that I used to use.