How do you walk 18?

ZlimZlim Go Buffs!Members Posts: 996
Push, Pull or Carry?
Wanting to save a little dough.

you can post a reason and don't forget the poll.

Comments

• wholeinwon wholeinwon Members Posts: 2,236 ✭✭
    I carry.

If you want to save even more money, sell your bag and buy a "Sunday" bag from Cleveland, Ping or Titleist. They only run about $30-$40 and make everything extra light.

I sometimes will take a pull cart on a hilly course but usually just carry the sticks.
  • Adk JakeAdk Jake Members Posts: 100
    A BagBoy push cart, cause I love to walk and am getting too old to carry. I carried 12 holes the other evening bag was starting to get heavy!!
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,062 ✭✭
    Carry or if the backs not up to it then use the Gokart electric trolley.
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

= Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • offapexoffapex Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 627
    i was mostly carrying. have a really light bag and i basically only carried my clubs and some balls. but last weekend i put all this junk in it and it got pretty heavy. think i messed up my neck/shoulder from carrying the heavy bag. so now i will be back to using a push cart. in fact, i'd recommend cart now that i've experience this neck/shoulder pain. carrying is not worth it.
  • jlin453jlin453 Members Posts: 169
    I bought a pullcart long ago, but also ended up buying a stand-up bag since I needed a new bag. Now, I carry my clubs. I'm only 25 and I need the exercise anyway.

Plus, IMO it's more convenient carrying your bag than pulling/pushing.
    Driver: Adams 9015D 10.5*
    3 Wood: Nike T60 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H 19*
    Irons: Mizuno MP58
    Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 52*, 56*, 60*
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Circa 62
  • SpartyOn1982SpartyOn1982 Members Posts: 681
    edited Apr 14, 2009 #7
    I am always a carrier unless the course I am playing will not allow it (or time constraints). I actually found out that I play better when I carry my bag versus taking a cart. The downside is my legs are shot and I could sleep all day afterward!
  • m2daRizzlem2daRizzle Members Posts: 418
    I carry on my back. I have never had a problem walking 18 while carrying.
  • gpogpo Lefty Boomers Posts: 297
    Played in HS so I carry when I walk. Could not be caught dead in HS having a pull cart.

I like to walk when the round is slow.
  • CrayacoCrayaco Members Posts: 221
    I use a Sun Mountain E cart and waking is a breeze.

I used to carry, but at almost 61 I gave into a push cart

almost 2 years ago.
  • GolfwolfGolfwolf Members Posts: 2,635
    push cart most of the time.
    Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
    TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
    Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
    Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
  • hackhack Members Posts: 719 ✭✭
    If I am not riding, I'll carry as I don't own a push/pull cart and am happy to carry.
  • Titleist_242Titleist_242 ClubWRX Posts: 1,621 ✭✭
    i love carrying because it gets me in a good tempo and warmed up...

but now that i work weekdays and try to fit in 2 or 3 rounds through the weekend, i push a cart in efforts to save energy throughout the rounds and also for monday morning.. if i carry my bag for 3 rounds, i have trouble getting through the workday on monday!
    917D3 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi Tour Ltd 60-04
    915F 15 Speeder Evo 661S Blue
    716 T-MB 2 Project X LZ 6.0
    716 T-MB 4 Modus3 125S
    714 AP2 Modus3 125S
    SC Buttonback Newport 34"
    TVD M 50/54
    TVD V 60
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Almost always carry but last week my stand bag broke so I rented a pull cart. It was still a fair amount of work especially walking up hills. It was only marginally easier than carrying, maybe a little easier on the back and shoulders.
  • cake1979cake1979 Members Posts: 200
    I'm usually a push cart guy, mostly because my bag is so full of garbage and extra clubs I'm trying out. On a truly nice day I will clean out the bag (14 clubs, balls & tees ONLY) and carry it for 18.
    Ping G30
    Adams Insight 3W
    TM RBZ 19 degree
    Irons being auditioned.....
    Ping iWedge 54 & 58
    Scotty Squareback 2

The perfect club is out there, I just have to ho enough to find it!!
  • goaliescottgoaliescott Members Posts: 385 ✭✭
    I sometimes carry, but mostly use a lightweight pull cart.

I have a very old, light, Sun Mt bag, and the problem is that it doesn't stay

on the cart too well.
  • Pweb44Pweb44 Members Posts: 1,151
    I've recently reverted to a pull cart on courses that I'm walking. I find my bag gets too heavy that the last few holes it hinders my swing since my shoulders are tired and sore. I might look into getting a lighter stand bag to carry.
  • JLTD63JLTD63 Members Posts: 1,134
    Sun Mountain Speed Cart for me...(push) I love to walk but after 15 years of carrying through Jr. golf, HS golf, and college golf I turned into a wuss. I might look like I'm 60 (on offense those that are!) but I love it.
  • scotchbladescotchblade Members Posts: 2,385
    <---- 52 and pack all kinds of stuff. Push Speed Cart.
  • ragin cajunragin cajun Members Posts: 1,122
    edited Apr 14, 2009 #20
    push cart. I carry a ton of stuff in my bag (rain suit, extra socks, sunblock, etc) i could take stuff out but then I'd forget to put it back when i needed it. and i'm only 24.
  • KoKo-ButtaKoKo-Butta Members Posts: 56
    Our Saturday morning 4some all use Sun Mt. push cart. However - we have a rule - when we take a day outta work to golf - it's ride, ride, ride...... image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' />
  • northgolfnorthgolf Pork Members Posts: 4,013 ✭✭
    I push a Sun Mountain V2.

I'd prefer to carry as it is less weight and easier, but my L5 pops out and carrying a bag could result in me laying on the grass waiting for a stretcher. I keep hoping my abs will get strong enough for me to carry again, but work gets in the way of the necessary exercise.

In my teens I caddied and did two double loops on Saturday and Sunday and then would go out and walk 54 on monday (2 1/4 hour rounds on a 6700 yard course). Those days were fun. I'm 50 now.

If you can, carry.
    If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead
  • obsessedgolferobsessedgolfer Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,840 ClubWRX
    MBIUcrscj wrote on Apr 14 2009, 03&#58;41 PM:
    I carry.

If you want to save even more money, sell your bag and buy a "Sunday" bag from Cleveland, Ping or Titleist. They only run about $30-$40 and make everything extra light.

I sometimes will take a pull cart on a hilly course but usually just carry the sticks.

Not really worth it, I have a cally xxt cary bag and I think it weighs like 4 pounds, a sunday bag probably ways 2 to 3 for the pound you save its not worth sacrificing the comforts of a stand bag.

Here are some tips to lighten your bag up

Take out the rain gear

Dont carry more thant a dozen balls at a time

You dont really need a huge watter bottle, most cources have water on the tee boxes every 3 to 4 holes.

Doing those things should save 5 to 10 pounds.
  • bobbypbobbyp Members Posts: 252
    I carry. However, anyone who hoofs it (carrying or pushing) is alright by me.
  • SadTromboneSadTrombone . Members Posts: 6,781 ✭✭
    Asked for a push cart for christmas and love it (Speed cart V2). I won't ride this year unless I absolutely have to.

-mini
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,249 ✭✭
    how do i walk 18?.............with my legs?
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • w8liftrw8liftr w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!! ClubWRX Posts: 2,253 ✭✭
    edited Apr 14, 2009 #27
    I use a Clicgear 2.0 pushcart.
  • bogeykbogeyk Members Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I used to be a carry guy until my back started to go. If I'm playing nine I may still carry, but eighteen holes I'm pushing. The difference at the end of the round is pretty shocking. I seem to walk at the pace I started instead of dragging a bit. Riding in a cart can undo my game. I tend to feel hurried speeding up to my ball. My rhythm gets real quick.
  • birdiemachine11birdiemachine11 Members Posts: 454 ✭✭
  • 307golf307golf Powder River, Let'er Buck! Members Posts: 1,408 ✭✭
    Save your spine. You only get one...

Push or Pull.

Carrying is not recommended. Disc compression being one significant reason.

Riding is not recommended. Exercise is good. Bouncing around in a golf cart seat is not.
  • Sneadjr59Sneadjr59 Members Posts: 171
    I always carry my bag, makes some things easier and faster than with cartbag.