For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!
joey3108 Proud founding sponsor and pioneer of golfwrxBay AreaMarshals Posts: 7,844 mod
Read! Important before posting. Sponsor by FlightscopeHi you all!
This topic/post are sponsor by FLIGHTSCOPE! ( One of the best golf Launch Monitor in the market ).
I've noticed a lot of you guys asking for a help in picking up the shaft or grinds. However, a lot of you guys didn't give us enough detail info on your swing and existing shaft set up. We will be able to help you much better if you can provide us as much as possible info:
General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :
How often you play in a month?
How often you practice in a month?
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?
Driver fitting questionnaire:
1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?
11. Body build and postures? height? etc.
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?
14. etc. The more the better it become.
Iron fitting Questionnaire:
1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.
4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?
5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?
7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?
8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?
10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?
11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?
12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)
15. How tall are you?
16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?
17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?
Wedge Fitting Questionnaire:
1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? on 6 iron
2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!
3. What is your existing complain on your current set up?
4. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?
5. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
6. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players
7. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH 8. How tall are you?
9. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Short or long divot? trapper, driver or slider?
10. Do you do a lot of low pinch/trap spinner shots?
11. Do you a lot of flop shots? What club you use on these shots?
12. Do you adjust face angle or ball position on your shots, especially of full shots?
13. Do you consider very creative on your shots around the green or trying to be as simple as possible on your shots?
14, What is your striking ability scale 1 - 10?
15. Any particular technique or method you like to tell me on your wedge game?
16. Tell me about your course turf condition, design, average green speed, Green size and undulation, etc?
17. Which PGA player that you like on their wedge play style?
Bare in mind, No shaft is better than the one fit your swing profile...No matter what the cost is!!!
IMHGO Exotic shafts have a very distinctive feel and character and they have a tighter quality control. So if you ask me to copy a certain set up that you like, It's most likely easier for me to get it from a better quality controlled shafts. Some feel player can only go w/ a certain brand due to these feel and character.
NO! I'm not crazy to fit some one w/ an exotic expensive shaft only, even though i'm more comfortable working w/ them. I'm very open minded limited to what i know only of course ( Usually on popular brands only ). I will do my best to give every body enough options to chose from. To many shaft brand out there, i can't keep up...So i only try to keep up w/ the popular one only.
So help us to make our job easier and more effective to help you.
Thanks a million!
Joe Kwok /pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':vava:' />
ps: If I missed anything here, any body can help me to add some comment THX!
To whom it may concern, Please do not copy my questionnaire nor modified with the same core. I hope we can set a high standard code of ethic and respect.
For you who need help directly from me by email or PM, please read this post first:
Hi you all,
I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but I was having a
hard time on how I have to put the words together to make sure you all
understand my good intention. Trust me, I really want to make every body happy as much as I can.
As you guys all know I've been trying my best to answer all questions you have regarding club fitting, shaft character, modification, etc...I will definitely continue to do so. So far I have no problem up to this point, however I can see the trend is on the up slope.
As most of you know, I am involved with this site in taking
care of some of the operation of it. Also I have a heavy work load ( not only
on clubs but emails and PM ) and also not to forget that taking care
of my family is my 1st priority. I've come to realize that I have a
lot of PM and emails that aren't productive and steal my precious time
not to be able to serve you who really need my attention and who spend
money & time w/ me for my expertise & service. Don't get me wrong
here, if I do have time I would love to answer all your question and
even talk BS w/ you guys. I'm sure my long time customers and friends knows how I am on this.
So what I'm trying to do on this post is to make members understand
that if I haven't or can't answer any one of you who send me PM or
Email...I'm busy working to serve my friends and customers at my best
for what they've paid me for. IMO it's not fair if I have to reduce my
attention to those who are willing to pay me to get their stuff done fast and correctly.
So I beg you guy who just need to ask some questions to just post it
here on clubmakers folder or domestic folder and let some of the
members help you w/ your question, and yes I will try to monitor them
as much as I can to correct or give another opinion for you to understand more.
Of course, I'm encouraging you who are really serious and need my
service to email me at [email protected] and Yes! most of you who got my phone number can call me during my phone fitting/consultation hours to discuss your needs
effectively. Please state clearly on your email or PM your
seriousness to get help through my service, so this way I can see what
and who that I need to put them in a high priority to answer.
Every body who knows me knows that I love talking about golf and every
aspect of it, but yet I should not forget to see clearly what is the priority. So I hope you understand if your email or PM took me a while to answer your question/s or if I may not be able to answer it at all in the future. I personally apologize in advance if I do so.
Thanks for your attention and Happy Golfing!
Post edited by Unknown User on