GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Removing a painted logo from putter face

golferboy ·  
golferboygolferboy Toronto, Ontario, CANADAMembers  547WRX Points: 55Posts: 547 Golden Tee
Picked up a nice Cally Tour Blue putter at a tournament, but there is a logo on the face. Want to remove it but dont want to impact the finish. How can I remove it?<br />
<br />
Thanks guys
Posted:

Comments

• MaXimus2MaXimus2 Members  86WRX Points: 0Posts: 86
    Acetone and a rag.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golferboygolferboy Toronto, Ontario, CANADAMembers  547WRX Points: 55Posts: 547 Golden Tee
    Will try that tonite...thanks!
    Posted:
  • Luke_RyanLuke_Ryan Los Angeles, CAMembers  54WRX Points: 38Handicap: 1.0Posts: 54 Bunkers

Just purchased a putter with a logo on the face as well that I’d like to remove and wanted to check back to see if acetone and a rag worked...?

Posted:
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2268WRX Points: 304Handicap: 15Posts: 2,268 ClubWRX

Post a pic of the putter

Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 119,  19* & 22*, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 85S+
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2, 55* & 60*, Accra 80i
    Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2 blacked out, KBS CT Tour, 355g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: SkyCaddie SX400/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • Luke_RyanLuke_Ryan Los Angeles, CAMembers  54WRX Points: 38Handicap: 1.0Posts: 54 Bunkers

Posted:
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2268WRX Points: 304Handicap: 15Posts: 2,268 ClubWRX

I would certainly try a cotton swab (Q Tip) with some acetone, (squeeze out the excess). And rub that off. You might also try a dry erase marker, use the marker to dissolve the stamp and wipe it off. Lots of hotwheels moders use them to take tampos (ink stamps) off. DAGS for "how to remove tampos from diecast"

Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75 S
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Awesome, will try that! You dont think it will screw with the finish of the putter face at all, right?

Posted:

I really don't know what that insert is made of. Would hope its pretty chemical resistant.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.