Any update on Slicefixer's new book / website? (merged)

Comments

• JoshzillaJoshzilla Members Posts: 320 ✭✭
    That PDF is incredible!

Cobra F9 w/ Tensei Pro White 60tx
    Cobra F9 3 wood w/ Tensei Pro White70tx
    Srixon u65 2 iron w/ DG AMT x100
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW w/ DG AMT x100
    Taylormade Hi Toe 52, 56 & 60* w/ DG s400
    Toulon Portland 33"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• SunkTheBirdieSunkTheBirdie Members Posts: 3,042 ✭✭
    Add me to the list ... can't wait to buy it !
    Many Hands make Light Work. Many Eyes make Accurate Work. gWRX - the Greatest golf forum on the Internets :).
  • shovelershoveler Members Posts: 454
    Please add me to the list please.
  • grinder1grinder1 Members Posts: 29
    Geoff is a great instructor and there is no doubt his book will be fantastic, however, Geoff is a Perfectionist and I believe the Idea of putting out an imperfect book scares the heck out of him.

I do not see a finished book coming anytime soon. The Encylcopedia Texarkana is your best bet.

Grinder
  • aimr75aimr75 Members Posts: 120
    add me to the list too, thanks
    ebook update leak by Wordmixer:

Wordmixer wrote:

Okay fellow golf nuts, here's a couple of cashews to chew on from the Captain Commander of all Nut Forces, Slice himself. As project editor of his forthcoming book, I'm posting here two excerpts from the manuscript-in-progress that speak to issues raised in this thread:

>> My basic teaching philosophy is to help a student build a golf swing with as few a number of moving parts as is physically possible for that individual. If I do my job, a student will develop the most efficient golf swing he or she is capable of making, given his or her level of strength and flexibility.

Understand that I do not consider myself a "method" teacher, and by that I mean that I don'y teach everyone the same thing. But I do have one "method" that, in my humble opinion, is the simplest and easiest way of swinging a golf club to the highest standards if the individual is capable of doing it, and if this person is willing to work hard and sacrifice other activities (even course time) in order to ingrain it. Many of my students are either not willing, or are not physically capable, so I have to take them another way in order to improve their impact zone. In my experience, if you help a person improve their impact zone, their overall game will vastly improve. <<

Also, to those who asked earlier in this thread if Geoff was a scratch player. Oh yes, and then some. Heck, back in the 80s he used to bring Blaine McCallister home to Texarkana—back when Blaine was a PGA Tour rookie—and play him straight up. I even got to tag along and play with 'em, and Geoff hung in there quite well. (Seems I remember getting involved with a side bet once and buying Blaine's lunch, but that's to be expected when a 3-handicap gambles with a tour pro.) Geoff also shot -17 in a big am tournament and won by a mile, then a couple years later as a mini-tour pro he qualified via a Monday 4-spotter to get into the Byron Nelson Classic. His issue at the higher levels was always nerves, anxiety, jumpiness. Teaching golf—embracing the “others-centeredness” of instruction rather than the “self-centeredness” of playing professionally—has been a redemptive process for him, a theme expanded upon in the book.

Release date?? My current over/under is U.S. Open week. But there is much fermenting needing to take place before we have a full Dos Equis.

The US Open (Golf) 2013 begins on: Thursday, June 13, 2013.
    Many Hands make Light Work. Many Eyes make Accurate Work. gWRX - the Greatest golf forum on the Internets :).
  • sethdavidsdadsethdavidsdad Members Posts: 1,797 ✭✭
    Me too
    Epic 10.5* Diamana D+ 70X
    TM Mini driver 14*
    Rogue 5 Wood Diamana D+ X
    Mizuno MP18's 4-5SC, 6-PW MB
    Yes Callie
    Vokeys SM6 52,56,60
    WITB Link
  • sblack5sblack5 Long Armed Monster Members Posts: 2,528
    Add me...gonna ask in person when i see him in a few weeks
    hit is with so much authority
    that when you find it
    and it sees you, it is trembling.
  • powerfade66powerfade66 Members Posts: 449
  • 00bolt00bolt Members Posts: 1,247
    add me as well...
    IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
    Adams Tight Lies 2 3 Wood 14°
    Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
    Titleist 716 TMB 4
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Edel E-3 Putter
  • ptrck2184ptrck2184 Members Posts: 256 ✭✭
  • kcowgolfkcowgolf kcowgolf Members Posts: 302 ✭✭
    Sign me up for sure, this post is a daily read for me!
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Ping G 400 LST 8.5 Hzdrus Black 62 X[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Ping Anser 3 wood Tour AD DI 7X[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Ping G400 17 Hybrid Matrix Kujoh X[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Ping S55 KBS C Tapers[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Vokey SM6 48-50-58[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Scotty Cameron M1[/background][/font]
  • DannyGDannyG Members Posts: 101 ✭✭
  • WordmixerWordmixer Members Posts: 164
    Hi all

I'm Slice's project editor and co-writer (known him since we played high school golf over 30 years ago.) When the manuscritp is completed -- quite possibly within the next six weeks -- and the file is sent to press, there will be a clear process for ordering copies, and I'll post the link on GolfWRX. Because Geoff is so busy teaching, it's likely that I'll become out of necessity a point man for processing orders, a role I'm comfortable filling. Sure, we can go back and get the names off this thread, but it will be far easier on everyone concerned to have a new and streamlined order flow that begins in 2013 instead of a thread that dates back several years. Also, when the day arrives to take orders, it will help us greatly to have as much visibility as possible for the first few months, as we'll be guesstimating the number of copies to process in the first print run. Thanks for your understanding!

Will let ya know when we're approaching "tap in" distance.

Back to the nouns and verbs here at Slicefixer Creations, LLC

-Word
  • thedillzthedillz Members Posts: 281
    Thanks for the update Word. Can't wait to see the end result!
  • sigmapete1sigmapete1 Members Posts: 1,216 ✭✭
    Wordmixer wrote:

Hi all

I'm Slice's project editor and co-writer (known him since we played high school golf over 30 years ago.) When the manuscritp is completed -- quite possibly within the next six weeks -- and the file is sent to press, there will be a clear process for ordering copies, and I'll post the link on GolfWRX. Because Geoff is so busy teaching, it's likely that I'll become out of necessity a point man for processing orders, a role I'm comfortable filling. Sure, we can go back and get the names off this thread, but it will be far easier on everyone concerned to have a new and streamlined order flow that begins in 2013 instead of a thread that dates back several years. Also, when the day arrives to take orders, it will help us greatly to have as much visibility as possible for the first few months, as we'll be guesstimating the number of copies to process in the first print run. Thanks for your understanding!

Will let ya know when we're approaching "tap in" distance.

Back to the nouns and verbs here at Slicefixer Creations, LLC

-Word

I ask this because I have no idea how the publishing process works....

Will an ebook format be available before the hard copy or are they released at the same time?
    Sig -

I'll be having that conversation with Slice next week when we meet up for edits. If not released simultaneously, I can't imagine it would be more than a few weeks difference. (The ebook requires a new formatting, i.e. taking out all the "white space" between sections and chapters so that the text scrolls in a consistent manner.)
  • sigmapete1sigmapete1 Members Posts: 1,216 ✭✭
    Wordmixer wrote:

Sig -

I'll be having that conversation with Slice next week when we meet up for edits. If not released simultaneously, I can't imagine it would be more than a few weeks difference. (The ebook requires a new formatting, i.e. taking out all the "white space" between sections and chapters so that the text scrolls in a consistent manner.)

Thanks for the info. Mostly I was just curious about the publishing process. Very pumped about the book too!
  • Hogan1975Hogan1975 Love old flat irons Banned Posts: 1,686
    Sounds good..never heard of slice fixer..but like to read a good read.. ( tongue twister i know)
  • dkaardkaar Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I would to get a copy as well.
  • mdhacker123mdhacker123 Members Posts: 703 ✭✭
    add me also
    driver callaway xhot 2 8.5 S
    irons: callaway xhot 2 4-aw
    Hybrid: Baffler 19deg
    3wood callaway xhot
    putter: Ping scottsdale 2
    wedges: taylormade atv 52 56
  • Spartagus84Spartagus84 Members Posts: 34
    Can wait to read the finished product..count me in for the first run on buying.

encyclopediatexarkanaversions_zps50cc3902.jpg

Read the one on the left.

Those are screenshots from the first page of each .pdf copy.

So what is the latest information on the "real publication/sale" of the Slicefixer book? Will it be titled the Slicefixer Texarcana Encyclopedia or something else. I've been waiting over a year as patiently as I can. Hoping for the best and a release of the "book" soon.

This thread is what you want.
  • Peter_bPeter_b Members Posts: 543
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned Posts: 20,715
    Was it going to be out by the Open Champ this year? I've already flooded Geoff with emails and voicemails. Buying 10 autographed books!
    Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
    Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
    Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
    Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
    All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon
  • Gamble GambleGamble Gamble #TwistFaceExperience ClubWRX Posts: 3,564 ClubWRX
    Are there any updates at this point? I feel like Cartman in "Go God Go" episode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go) of South Park, minus the whole fat 10 year old thing.
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned Posts: 20,715
    15 autographed books for me.
    Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
    Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
    Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
    Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
    All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon
    Luck -

I just returned from five days in Texarkana with Geoff, and I can tell you that we are at the point of arranging content as opposed to creating content. In addition to the swing chapters -- which are rich with info -- he has recently penned some good stuff about a few mentors that shaped his life, stuff that will aid and guide younger golfers as they pursue their golf dreams/life dreams.

Oh, and that little dog of his who tends to chew up stuff if you leave the loft door open? Yeah, well, you'll never guess what he chewed this time -- the 3' x '3' poster board on which I'd listed the chapter titles. Apparently he didn't like the fact that none of the chapters were named for him...

Tembolo: Thanks for the enthusiasm, man.
  • Gamble GambleGamble Gamble #TwistFaceExperience ClubWRX Posts: 3,564 ClubWRX
    Thank you, this book seems to be the golf equivalent of Episode 1, minus the Jar-Jar of course.

Do you guys have a goal for a time frame at this point?
  • skralyskraly ClubWRX Posts: 1,536 ClubWRX
    Wordmixer wrote:

Luck -

I just returned from five days in Texarkana with Geoff, and I can tell you that we are at the point of arranging content as opposed to creating content. In addition to the swing chapters -- which are rich with info -- he has recently penned some good stuff about a few mentors that shaped his life, stuff that will aid and guide younger golfers as they pursue their golf dreams/life dreams.

Oh, and that little dog of his who tends to chew up stuff if you leave the loft door open? Yeah, well, you'll never guess what he chewed this time -- the 3' x '3' poster board on which I'd listed the chapter titles. Apparently he didn't like the fact that none of the chapters were named for him...

Tembolo: Thanks for the enthusiasm, man.

So the book will be delayed because the dog ate your homework?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file