Black Widow Tour Cleats?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I've been waiting to try these for a while. Hopefully the Dicks by me has them too. I'll have no issue with the price if they last longer than the stingers that I'm replacing all the time. They probably won't, but I feel the need for something adjustable in my bag since I don't have the driver :)

Honestly though, is this something you can really feel the difference in? It's the last thought in my head unless I slip when I swing which means I either overswang/swing/swung and or something really foobar is up that I slipped. LOL.

Other than that I just want something that won't break or have to replace every month. I know I just bought a pair of callaway golf shoes and already I see some of the spikes either broken or about to break.

Honestly though, is this something you can really feel the difference in? It's the last thought in my head unless I slip when I swing which means I either overswang/swing/swung and or something really foobar is up that I slipped. LOL.

Other than that I just want something that won't break or have to replace every month. I know I just bought a pair of callaway golf shoes and already I see some of the spikes either broken or about to break.

Might not be much of a difference. But the price is comparable to others (at least through eBay), so it's worth a shot if you're looking to replace your spikes. I'm a big fan of the Stinger spikes and have them in all my shoes. In fact, I got a brand new pair of FJ Classics Dry Premier and immediately changed the spikes to Stingers.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

These spikes provide excellent traction, however I have had them in the shoes less than a month now and a few of them are almost in need of replacing. Very disappointed in the durability of them considering the price, plus they did not have enough in the box for Adidas shoes.

Driver: GBB 9* 
3wd: GBB 15*  
Hybrid: Big Bertha 3hy
Irons: Apex cf 16 4-AW  
Wedges: MD4 54 & 58 W grind  
Putter: O-Works 7 black

TGW has them for 12 bucks ...

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

[quote name='backspin26' date='01 April 2010 - 06:17 AM' timestamp='1270120674' post='2354600']
These spikes provide excellent traction, however I have had them in the shoes less than a month now and a few of them are almost in need of replacing. Very disappointed in the durability of them considering the price, plus they did not have enough in the box for Adidas shoes.
[/quote]

+1 here! I really liked the spikes, but the durability is miserable!!!

[quote name='highergr0und' date='01 April 2010 - 08:54 AM' timestamp='1270130045' post='2354783']
I was all excited for these, but when I went to buy them, every pack I looked through had spikes where the red collar had separated from the base. Now it may be an easy fix, but the last thing I want is to have to deal with broken units out of the box. I decided to just stick with my champ stingers.
[/quote]

??? The red base is designed to separate from the spike so that you can make the spike "softer" or "firmer" -- neat concept and I could actually feel a difference between the ones that I had set differently. Once they're inserted into the shoe, the sole of the shoe prevents the base from disconnecting from the spike...

[quote name='jahopki' date='01 April 2010 - 10:38 AM' timestamp='1270136337' post='2354959']

+1 here! I really liked the spikes, but the durability is miserable!!!

??? The red base is designed to separate from the spike so that you can make the spike "softer" or "firmer" -- neat concept and I could actually feel a difference between the ones that I had set differently. Once they're inserted into the shoe, the sole of the shoe prevents the base from disconnecting from the spike...
[/quote]

Ok.... I thought the base could be a fixable issue, but the durability comment pushed me back to not wanting them. Thanks for the info.