2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Miura Tournament Blade

Gxgolfer

Miura Tournament Blade Iron Feaures:

Miura's forging techniques rearrange the molecular structure of the mild steel in a pattern that is uniform throughout the club head. This eliminates void spots in the club face. This process assures that every Miura club in your bag has the distance control, ball flight, spin, and feel that any golfer should demand.

This tightness in the grain structure of the metal is what gives Miura made clubs the controlled, soft feel that other manufacturers cannot achieve. Miura also uses a proprietary "spin welding" process to produce the industries' most consistent hosel. This unique procedure ensures that the bore depths and hosel heights are identical on every Miura made head and the shaft of every club will be perfectly centered.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I transitioned from TM 04 CB Miuras to Miura blades. The TM's had DG s300 and the blades have PX 6.0. I have to say, I think these are best irons I have ever hit. I have gained about 7 yards since my switch and consitently been closer to the hole. I can do more with these irons in terms of different shots than anything I have ever hit. Plus, they feel amazing and look great. Best set of irons I have ever owned.

I used to owe the MB5002's (satin's) felt awesome, very forgiving for a blade, extremely sharp leading edge you must be precise in some conditions..otherwise fantastic irons.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

• 1 month later...

I have had a combo set of 201s and blades for over a year and half. I had the set built with TC shafts. I have never hit a better club. The irons feel like butter. I have gain at least 10 yards with these clubs. I'm the type of person who doesn't care if someone tries the my club. Everyone who has hit these clubs raves about the feel and distance. The blades are the most solid club I have every hit. I can't understand why people want to buy Taylormade clubs built by Miura when they could by a custom set build by Miura.

• 2 months later...

Okay, my user id is a giveaway.

I play tournament blades and cb's. These irons are the real deal if you are a player. Feel, consistant performance, finish, and overall appearance makes the Miura iron a great club.

My gamers are shafted with Nippon 750's in a stiff flex. I have 5 left hand Miura wedges, 52, 54, 56, 58, and 60. They are consistant, with very versatile sole grinds. The only thing about the wedges, is they could use a more aggressive groove. They are effective and predicable, but if you like backing your ball up...the TM Y cutter, or vokey could let you see more ball action. But let me repeat, this is for the guys who have ego's and want to put that backward roll on the ball. Like I said, the wedges are highly effective. Check and stop. Which makes them very playable and predicable.

I highly recommend the Miura Product line...

• 1 year later...

I just played my second round with them this morning. I am lefty and have the combo set that is not yet advertised on the miura site. I was surprised to see that the clubheads are relatively larger than my Mizzy 60/32 set. The clubheads feel absolutely amazing, and the combination with the Tour Concept shaft make probably the nicest set I will ever own. I've been hitting a lot of thin shots because I don't want to ruin the beauty of these clubs!!!

• 1 month later...

Need some help.. Should I sell my miura cb 202 and blade combo and go with the TM rac md tp smoke finish or the mt pro m or mt pro cm combo?

I like the miuras alot but im really diggin these other sets?

Why do we always want more? I can only play with one set at a time and really should stick to a set for more then a season... :)

• 7 months later...

It would not let me upload anymore pictures so I will explain the rest.

Driver: Burner 8.5* opened 2* with Diamana Whiteboard 73x

3 Wood: Burner 13* with Aldila Protopype 70x

5 Wood: Burner 17.5 with Diamana Whiteboard 83x

Hybrid: 19* Rescue dual with Project X Satin

3-5: Miura cb-202 with Project X Satin 6.5 (1/2" over 2* UP)

6-pw: Miura Blade with Project x Satin 6.5 (1/2" over 2* UP)

GW: Scratch 53* bent to 52* (1/2" over 1* UP) Spinner 6.5

SW: Scratch 56* (1/2" over 1* UP) Spinner 6.5

LW: Scratch 60* (1/2" over 1* UP) Spinner 6.5

HLW: Callaway 64* (1/2" over 1* UP) Spinner 6.5

Putter: Cameron Newport 2 Standard loft and lie

• 1 year later...

I've been playing my Tournament Blades for 6 months now, and couldn't be happier. I think the heads are absolutely beautiful and well made, but I also think a fair amount of iron precision/playability etc. comes from the shaft.

I left my old set of clubs (Yonex ADX forged) as a 6.5 and am now a 2.4 with a recent personal best of 2-under. I was so happy with the Miuras that I bought my daughter a set. I think that says a lot: the blades are easy enough to hit to put in the hands of a 12 year old girl.

C'mon, man!

I'm on my 3rd set of '07 Tournament Blades. Come late Spring, maybe early Summer, I'll probably be buying my 4th. I play around 200 rounds per year and practice as much if not more. I hope this gives an indication of how well I like them.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

• 5 months later...

Had mizuno's mp-68's and swore by mizuno's since the wings well I was able to get my hands on lh miura tournament blades that I fit with kbs c tapers at d8 swing weight and they are by far the best iron/shaft setup I have ever had. In truth my mp68's feel like rocks compared to these if you can believe that! I still use the mizuno's as a backup bag however if I could find another set of miura's in lh on the cheap I would use them as a backup bag and throw my mizunos up here for sale the miura tournament blades with kbs ctapers are amazing sticks and really live up to the hype!!! Much like the mp32's with silver satin rifles did when they first came out...

• 11 months later...

[quote name='nitram' timestamp='1294715723' post='2888133']
I'm on my 3rd set of '07 Tournament Blades. Come late Spring, maybe early Summer, I'll probably be buying my 4th. I play around 200 rounds per year and practice as much if not more. I hope this gives an indication of how well I like them.
[/quote]

You having played a lot with it, care to comment on its forgiveness in terms of effects on actually ball flight and distance? I'm quite sure the feel changes a lot if you don't hit the sweetspot, but how about actual flight? Does distance suffer much? Does accuracy/dispersion suffer much?

These irons are as forgiving as any blade you'll play. If you're consistently centering the ball then you'll love these things as the feedback from nutting one is as good as it gets in golf. The sweetspot on all of my sets and Rebby's is just a fraction inside center. The ball flight is pretty well the same unless you absolutely chunk one. There's not much bounce built into these after the 8 iron so that's a possibility, I guess. The distance is another issue. Again they're as forgiving as any blade and some CB's you'll find but a toe hit is gonna hurt both physically and yardage wise. I had to weaken the lofts on each iron by a degree or two. PW=48, 9i=44, 8i=40, etc. I'm currently a +1 (down from +3 last year).

FWIW, I didn't buy the 4th set this year. I went to the Bridgestone J40 (Tourstage 705M). They feel just as good and the performance/forgiveness is better. If B'stone would release a J40 Blade, I'd be all over it.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

• 5 months later...

I just ordered a set of miura tournament blades with kbs tour c-tapers. I rapid fired about 100 balls, hitting 501, tournament and baby blade. I have played titleist 690.mb for about 8 years (3 sets of them) and liked the look of the tournament blade best at address and in the bag and wow did that feel amazing and a good jump in ball speed. I was right on the boarderline of s + and x, I went with the s +. Personally it felt a little smoother and I figured I would appreciate having it down the stretch because I get worn out sometimes on17,18, but I am concerned I should have went with the x or at least soft stepped an x. I read Justin rose was playing s+ and that many people on here said it was really stiff, but I hit it as well and it didn't feel too stiff. Went with the s+ in the end, felt the best. I don't know how I will focus on work this week waiting for these.

Anyone have experience who was right in between s+ and x??? Curious?

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just switched to miura from playing Hogan's for nearly 35 years, how did a Hogan disappear when they were so great, I suppose that's for another thread. I had some TM 300 miura forged that put me onto these irons but they are certainly amongst the best blades I have hit, at least since my last set of Ft Worth Hogan's (Legends and 88 Redlines). Of course modern shaft technology is also a factor but tbh I love the old Royal Precision Rifle shafts and to me everything else is playing catch up. Perhaps I'm a luddite but give me feel and precision any day and I'll gladly lose some yardage.

• 3 years later...