Golfwrx.com Pay it Forward Thread (Social Experiment)

arkstormarkstorm Members Posts: 1,757 ✭✭
Clean out your unused golf stuff and get something for it...
In the interest of promoting a sense of community and integrity I came up with a little social experiment:

If you’re on this site reading this post you’re a golf nut. And as such, you have old golf stuff that you don’t need and will never use. Let’s pass it on to someone who wants it…

I’ll begin by offering two sleeves (six balls) of three-piece Callaway HX Red golf balls. The first person to PM me with their address will receive the balls free of any charge whatsoever on the condition that they choose one item of their own golf junk collection of comparable value and offer it for free to the first person who PM’s them their address, and so on and so forth.

The rules are simple.

1) You must not charge a single penny, not even for shipping.

2) Within 24 hours of receiving your item in the mail, you must post the item you wish to offer on this thread.

3) The item you offer must be of comparable value as that which you received.

4) The first person to PM you his/her address and ask for your item is the new owner of the item you are offering, and you must ship your item to that person within 48 hours.

5) In the interest of fairness, US addresses only, otherwise the shipping charges can get out of hand.

If you are the first to PM the sender, upon receiving your item, post the item you wish to offer on this thread and await the first PM regarding your offer.

The object of this game is to see how long we can go before greed or neglect ends the chain. After all, all you will be out is the cost of shipping something you don’t want anyway. I’m curious to see how this will play out.

Giving feels good…

So who wants two free sleeves of HX Reds?

Be the first to PM me and they’re yours.

Also, feel free to start your own chain on this thread by offering an item and following the rules above.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• freddiecfreddiec Members Posts: 4,248 ✭✭
    edited Apr 19, 2006 #2
    I have a 60 degree vokey oil finish, 4 degree bounce in really great shape. Who wants it? And what would you give me?

btw- this experiment/idea is incredible.

I miss read this originally. If anybody is interested in exchanging something for my vokey lets talk. Sorry, i misunderstood. LOL>
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    uhm what if we get to the point were cost is getting way too high do we just start over? Lets say the last item given is uhm a Scotty 009 for example, and the person cant offer a 2k club or thing what does that person do?
  • arkstormarkstorm Members Posts: 1,757 ✭✭
    No No No...You are missing the point....

This isn't about an exchange. Someone else came up with that idea, and they called it eBay.

This is about giving. You give, then the recepeint gives to a 3rd party, then the 3rd party to a 4th....etc.

You get nothing in return! Nothing material, at least.
  • Golf_BeautyGolf_Beauty Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. Members Posts: 852
    flomarilius wrote on Apr 19 2006, 11:10 AM:

uhm what if we get to the point were cost is getting way too high do we just start over? Lets say the last item given is uhm a Scotty 009 for example, and the person cant offer a 2k club or thing what does that person do?

My thoughts exactly. How can you determain the "trade" value and can we limit the costs?
    edited Apr 19, 2006 #6
    flomarilius wrote on Apr 19 2006, 02:10 PM:

To answer your question: Value is not the same thing as cost.

And anyway, we're talking about junk here...but if you want to give your Scotty 009 than there's hope for this concept.
  • Golf_BeautyGolf_Beauty Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. Members Posts: 852
    edited Apr 19, 2006 #7
    arkstorm wrote on Apr 19 2006, 11:17 AM:

Again, how do you determain value? One man's treasure is another man's trash. (Not to say someone has trashy golf equipment image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> )
    edited Apr 19, 2006 #8
    Golf_Beauty wrote on Apr 19 2006, 02:20 PM:

arkstorm wrote on Apr 19 2006, 11:17 AM:

Again, how do you determain value? One man's treasure is another's man trash. (Not to say someone has trashy golf equipment image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> )

Okay then, point well taken. Let's change "greater value" to "comparable value". (I made the change in my original post)
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    i dont have the 009 but if its offered im taking it lmfao image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • Damo75Damo75 Members Posts: 711
    Great idea Ark. I hope this post stays live for a while so we can see how it goes.

I'd be in for sure if I lived in the States. I've got plenty of stuff laying around. image/ok.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Titleist TS3 Even Flow 75X
    Taylor Made M2 Tour 3HL Kuro Kage
    Titleist 718 TMB 3-5 Project X PXi 6.0
    Adams A4 Tour 6-W DG X100
    Cleveland RTX 2 52, 56
    Brodgestone Prototype 60
    Taylor Made Spider Tour Red
  • madpebsmadpebs Members Posts: 240
    kinda sorta like PAY IT FORWARD image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Interestingly enough, no one has PM'd me about wanting the HX reds yet.
    image/glare.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> Hmmm...being a female will make it hard for me to participate image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> unless we get more women in on this. I'm sure you guys don't want ladies equipment. Unless, of course, if you want to give it to your wives or girlfriends. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />
    Golf Beauty...offer something up and see if anyone's interested. E.g. HX reds are unisex.
    edited Apr 20, 2006 #15
    I have a pair of Lady Fairway shoes (size 10 - hey, I'm a big girl! image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> ), only worn maybe three times. They're in great condition if anybody wants them. They're a tad too narrow for me. They're white/cream. Here's an example: Lady Fairway
    edited Apr 20, 2006 #16
    Golf_Beauty wrote on Apr 20 2006, 03:59 PM:

(size 10 - hey, I'm a big girl! image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> )

...but beautiful! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers Posts: 466
    This is a great idea!!
    arkstorm wrote on Apr 20 2006, 01:35 PM:

Golf_Beauty wrote on Apr 20 2006, 03:59 PM:

(size 10 - hey, I'm a big girl! image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> )

...but beautiful! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Awww, arky...you're making me blush.... image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' />
  • chesterrcchesterrc Members Posts: 254
    edited Apr 21, 2006 #19
    Golfbeauty,

I will take the shoes. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> I have a buddy who is looking to try her hand at golf and also happens to wear a 10:)

I will put up a video called Hit It Long, The Thirty Minute Miracle with Jack Hamm, the worlds longest driver!

Its as stupid as it is hilarious! The guy is strait out of miami vice, and its a good laugh if anything.

Here is a image of the cover, and it pretty much sums up the whole movie.

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=74678
    The movie is still up for grabs!
    HX Reds have been claimed...finally.
  • TheBUNKYTheBUNKY twitter.com/TheBUNKY_1974 Members Posts: 1,067
    edited May 2, 2006 #22
    I have a Cardinal Headcover by Daphne. Cardinal as in the Bird. It's sitting in my garage, not a real Cardinal but the headcover. It would probably fit any fairway wood available right now. Probably wouldn't fit any of the 400cc plus drivers, the headcover that is, not the Cardinal.

Let me know who wants it via PM.
  • TheBUNKY:

PM sent.

I think either my wife or my kids (if and when they'll ever learn to play) will get a hoot image/tease.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> from it.

OK, so I guess it's my turn. I have a replacement bladder for the travel bag from club glove, brand new. Don't know how to use it (don't have a travel bag), don't want it, don't need it, wife hates that it takes space, so I guess this item qualifies.

Here's a pict:

• TheBUNKYTheBUNKY twitter.com/TheBUNKY_1974 Members Posts: 1,067
    Cardinal headcover is gone....

Thanks Ken!
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,027
    great idea ill pick something up eventualy im sure
  • Reminds me of geocaching! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals Posts: 5,689 mod
    gotta love geocaching... I'll go start a topic on the 19th hole image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    I got my balls...er...the balls...the HX Reds. image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks Arky. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beee:' />
    Golf_Beauty wrote on May 8 2006, 08:14 PM:

I got my balls...er...the balls...the HX Reds. image/blush.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks Arky. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beee:' />

Enjoy, and hit 'em straight.
    I got the shoes yesterday.

No one has picked up the movie!
  • TheBunky, got the headcover!

The 2 girls pretty much demolished the box even before I got to open it! Used it as a stepping stool, landing pad, pretend bed, drum... good thing it wasn't breakable!

OK, since the thread is not going anywhere, I thought I would spice things up a bit. It's 12:47am and am getting sleepy, so check this thread soon, for my next post. I think it'll be interesting, like "let's make a deal". Or maybe the medication is setting in, and "I" think it's interesting....

Ken