Golfwrx.com Pay it Forward Thread (Social Experiment)
arkstorm Posted: WRX Points: 1Members Posts: 1,757 Bunkers
Joined: edited Jun 1, 2006 in Pay It Forward, Charity Tournaments and OEM Member Gifting #1
Clean out your unused golf stuff and get something for it...In the interest of promoting a sense of community and integrity I came up with a little social experiment:
If you’re on this site reading this post you’re a golf nut. And as such, you have old golf stuff that you don’t need and will never use. Let’s pass it on to someone who wants it…
I’ll begin by offering two sleeves (six balls) of three-piece Callaway HX Red golf balls. The first person to PM me with their address will receive the balls free of any charge whatsoever on the condition that they choose one item of their own golf junk collection of comparable value and offer it for free to the first person who PM’s them their address, and so on and so forth.
The rules are simple.
1) You must not charge a single penny, not even for shipping.
2) Within 24 hours of receiving your item in the mail, you must post the item you wish to offer on this thread.
3) The item you offer must be of comparable value as that which you received.
4) The first person to PM you his/her address and ask for your item is the new owner of the item you are offering, and you must ship your item to that person within 48 hours.
5) In the interest of fairness, US addresses only, otherwise the shipping charges can get out of hand.
If you are the first to PM the sender, upon receiving your item, post the item you wish to offer on this thread and await the first PM regarding your offer.
The object of this game is to see how long we can go before greed or neglect ends the chain. After all, all you will be out is the cost of shipping something you don’t want anyway. I’m curious to see how this will play out.
Giving feels good…
So who wants two free sleeves of HX Reds?
Be the first to PM me and they’re yours.
Also, feel free to start your own chain on this thread by offering an item and following the rules above.
Post edited by Unknown User on
Joined : 08 22, 2005
Last seen : about four years ago