Golfwrx.com Pay it Forward Thread (Social Experiment)

Comments

• Titleist87Titleist87 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭
    According to the rules, if an item has high value (Mizuno F50 fairway), then everything after that must be equal or greater value. I think the intent should be to get rid of golf items no longer wanted and not worth/interested using ebay. Just trying to do something nice to help out a fellow golfer and maybe get some good karma in return.
    Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila DVS
    MacGregor MT 4w Aldila DVS
    Titleist 915H 3
    Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro/'87 Titleist Tour Model/'86 Spalding Tour Edition
    Titleist SM6 50 F Grind
    Titleist SM6 54 S Grind
    Titleist SM6 58 S Grind
    Titleist SC Studio Design 5
  • arkstormarkstorm Members Posts: 1,757 ✭✭
    Golf_Beauty wrote on Jun 4 2006, 02:11 PM:

This brings up a good point. What if the item you have and the item you received isn't "comparable"? Do you not ask for the item to begin with if you can't offer up a comparably valuable item?

Okay, I feel I need to clarify the rules I wrote. What GolfBeauty says is 100% correct. The rules imply that you should not PM someone for an item if you have nothing to offer of equal or greater value.

However, it is incorrect to say that the vaule of the item in play will always increase because, as many have done here, you can always start a new chain by offering whatever item you have of whatever value. Granted, you won't be getting anything in return when you offer the first item of a new chain, but the giving has to start somewhere.
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    Why don't we have two threads, one for more expensive items like clubs, and one for less expensive items like accesories.
  • Eazy_B97Eazy_B97 Members Posts: 116
    Thanks for the clarification Arkstorm, so how bout those Brush Tees? 2 Yellow, anyone who wants them. Maybe someone wants to test'em out, maybe someone needs consistency in tee height? Maybe you just like'em.

PM me first and they are yours.
  • HonmaManHonmaMan Members Posts: 23
    If any body want a Tourstage J310 driver, 9*, with GD IZ-70m shaft in stiff, please let me know, I am going to work now, will get back in the afternoon to answer any question.
  • Golf_BeautyGolf_Beauty Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. Members Posts: 852
    What happened to this thread???

I was told the 5 wood got lost in the mail so I'm out a putter image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' /> , but I still have the Callaway driver if anyone wants it.
  • BushyBushy Members Posts: 358
    edited Jun 19, 2006 #68
    doh sounds like the community spirit is dwindling .... I have a few bits and pieces in the Uk THAT I WOULDNT MIND RELEASING / TRADING / RECEIVING GOOD KARMA ETC Heres one for starters a Mizuno tzoid 7 iron in great shape with brand new David Leadbetter training grip. Great for a beginner and good for a warm up
  • Golf_BeautyGolf_Beauty Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. Members Posts: 852
    Yay! Someone's requested the Callaway.
  • withdrewwithdrew Unregistered Posts: 2,107
    Golf_Beauty wrote on Jun 20 2006, 12:00 PM:

that's me! thanks much, i have a thing (or two) to put up as well...

-andrew
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,288 admin
    how can the spirit dwendle? I thought this was Golfwrx? Also once we get one of these chains moving, the only thing that can happen to end it is that someone doesnt pony up, or knowone wants what is offered. Right?

I thought we had like 4 chains going?
  • r7425r7425 Jr. Boomers Posts: 313
    Wow, this is a great thread! I just checked it out, and it looks to be going really well. I haven't seen anything that I've been interested in yet, but I'll be looking at it a lot more often image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • 86020818602081 Members Posts: 1,880 ✭✭
    PM sent..

I like to be considered for the 54 degree wedge..

I'm going to put up THE PERFECT CLUB 21 degree fairway wood..

Can't go wrong with the PERFECT CLUB..
  • alpha_proalpha_pro Members Posts: 797
    i guess this thing died already.....and i had to laugh when i read the club got lost in the mail! yeah, right. you underestimate what people are capable of
    lying. great to see that some people are for real though. theres actually hope....
  • chesterrcchesterrc Members Posts: 254
    edited Jul 15, 2006 #75
    i STILL have that stupid video! Some one please take it! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

"I will put up a video called Hit It Long, The Thirty Minute Miracle with Jack Hamm, the worlds longest driver!

Its as stupid as it is hilarious! The guy is strait out of miami vice, and its a good laugh if anything.

Here is a image of the cover, and it pretty much sums up the whole movie.

http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=74678 "
  • withdrewwithdrew Unregistered Posts: 2,107
    withdrew wrote on Jun 20 2006, 01:02 PM:

Golf_Beauty wrote on Jun 20 2006, 12:00 PM:

that's me! thanks much, i have a thing (or two) to put up as well...

-andrew

So i received the Callaway, a classic club that I can't wait to hit.

Thanks Golf Beauty!

My turn-

If anyone is interested, I have an Adams SC Series Faldo Titanium Driver, 9*, Neutral (No fade or draw), headcover included, up for grabs. It's a decent club, I just can't seem to hit it right. I have only used it at the range, and I don't think it's been hit 100 times. It's a solid 8.5/10.

First one to PM me gets it.

Please provide your name and shipping address, and please, no International shipping.

Thanks again, and I hope this thread really doesn't die. It's a great concept.

-Andrew
  • gjones77gjones77 Members Posts: 934
    Alright, my driver count is starting to get a bit high here, so if anyone wants a new one here it is

Titleist 983E 8.5* with a Graffalloy CompNT 65 X-Stiff and a Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Grip

The club is in **** near new shape, hasn't been used allot 9/10
    Titleist 983E goes to raehtz10, I'll get that out Thursday morning

(house sitting and club is at my place)
  • DCIGUYDCIGUY Members Posts: 424
    PM sent for perfect club. Have always wanted to try one. Will post my club if I rec. the perfect club.
  • thorsnessthorsness Members Posts: 119
    Sweet thread, awesome idea.

Todd
  • raehtz10raehtz10 I'm Back!! Members Posts: 1,008
    alpha_pro wrote on Jul 15 2006, 04:04 AM:
    i guess this thing died already.....and i had to laugh when i read the club got lost in the mail! yeah, right. you underestimate what people are capable of
    lying. great to see that some people are for real though. theres actually hope....

Yeah, funny how people lie when they move to a new city 100 miles away, and then they have no way to contact UPS to get them to forward a missing club, so they have to wait to have it returned to sender and then sent to the new address...oh wait, that did happen...good thing you are here to police everything though.
  • Lefty_RyanLefty_Ryan Lefty Boomers Posts: 17
    SWEET THREAD......AWESOME IDEA..

Ryan
    Come on guys, lets keep this going.

Ryan, sorry about the delay, you should have it Monday or Tuesday!
  • Ken_In_CAKen_In_CA Members Posts: 617
    Okie,

I have 2 packs of Epoch tees (1 full, the other I used/broke a few, not sure how many are left) for those who are curious and wanted to try them out. It may take a couple of days (lost in my trunk of my car) to find them and send them.

I switched to Zero Friction tees! And NO you can't have those! image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Ken
    *BUMP*

and, raehtz10, hope you enjoy the 983E image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    edited Sep 10, 2006 #86
    raehtz10 wrote on Jul 31 2006, 03:56 PM:

alpha_pro wrote on Jul 15 2006, 04:04 AM:

Yeah, funny how people lie when they move to a new city 100 miles away, and then they have no way to contact UPS to get them to forward a missing club, so they have to wait to have it returned to sender and then sent to the new address...oh wait, that did happen...good thing you are here to police everything though.

Just thought I'd add my .02 and let everyone know that I did receive the putter. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yess:' /> I already thanked raehtz10 by PM, but I'll do it publicly also: Thanks for the putter. image/hi.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' /> It's great! image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' />
  • app10app10 Members Posts: 214
    Is Pay It Forward still happening? This was a great idea... any still in progress?
  • shivasishivasi ClubWRX Posts: 181 ✭✭
    OK, I'm tired of waiting for my golf club. I have a Sonartec staff bag (small) that I'll send if you cover the shipping. Who want's it?

Ken S
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    i will take the bag. lmk thanks
  • tm8838tm8838 Members Posts: 237
    edited Oct 14, 2006 #90
    I have a Vokey 252.08 black nickel wedge wit a TTDG-s300 sensicore shaft that was used for 1.5 seasons and is in overall good shape. Grip doe need to be changed but grooves are still in good shape. Does have face wear near center from use. PM me your info and it will go out.

Tom
  • Ken_In_CAKen_In_CA Members Posts: 617
    You guys are great, way to keep this thread alive! image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />