Brush Tees

Has anyone actually used these Brush tees in tournament play? results? Personally I don't know if i could stand the ribbing once i pulled one of these out of my pocket.

Doug

Comments

• stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    I did not use them buy I played in a tourny with someone who did, he found one on the tee and decided to use it but just for one hole. The hole is a 175 yard par 3 he hits the shot "sweeping it of the brush tee" and it hits the pin and ends up 4 feet away. I got some of them at the PGA merchindise show in Orlando i tied them at the range it makes you feel like your hitting of a mat. If you like that feeling you'd probably like these tees.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    I couldn't stomach using one of those tees. Zero Friction Golf Tees are the way to go, I played a whole round before this thing wore out. Check it out at www.zerofrictiontees.com
  • mcbush25mcbush25 Members Posts: 2,040
    I have a buddy of mine that I play golf with pretty much every week and he plays these things all the time. He loves them, but I personally don't like them. I have been playing Epoch tees for 6 months now and love them.
  • happighappig Members Posts: 19
    mcbush25 wrote on Jul 29 2005, 07:00 AM:
    I have a buddy of mine that I play golf with pretty much every week and he plays these things all the time.  He loves them, but I personally don't like them.  I have been playing Epoch tees for 6 months now and love them.
    »

Have not tried them in tournament play becuase they are not conforming to USGA rules.
  • happig wrote on Jul 29 2005, 03:37 PM:
    I have a buddy of mine that I play golf with pretty much every week and he plays these things all the time.  He loves them, but I personally don't like them.  I have been playing Epoch tees for 6 months now and love them.
    »

Have not tried them in tournament play becuase they are not conforming to USGA rules.
    »

happig,

I don't mean to cause trouble but where did you hear that? Because its false information, on Brush T's website it says on the front page that they are legal.
    All four Brush-T’s now come in the new white model, and all conform to the rules of both the United States Golf Association and the Royal and Ancient Golf Society of St. Andrews.

I do use these myself, basically because they give me a constant tee height ever time I play.

Brad
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    stickman wrote on Jul 11 2005, 04:04 AM:
    I got some of them at the PGA merchindise show in Orlando i tied them at the range it makes you feel like your hitting of a mat. If you like that feeling you'd probably like these tees.
    »

I found one on the course and decided to play the rest of my round with it. I agree with the feeling like hitting off the mat. The brush sensation actually made me feel like it was slowing down my club head speed. I'd rather stick with my Stingers.
  • utopiapgautopiapga Members Posts: 410
    happig wrote on Jul 29 2005, 03:37 PM:
    »

»

Just so you know they are USGA approved and I play in the Mini-Tours and use them for the driver all the time.

You don't get anything out of them as far as performance but i use them simply because I have been using the same tee everyday for the last 3 months and it still has not shown sighns of wear.

I hit 300-400 balls a day and also play at least 5 times a week and this tee keeps me from having to buy tees and dig them out of my bag everyday.........
  • kenfujikenfuji Members Posts: 538
    and you can clean your clubs with them after every shot also image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' />
  • Sam-Tee-TimeSam-Tee-Time Members Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Todd Gack wrote on Jul 29 2005, 08:13 AM:
    I couldn't stomach using one of those tees.  Zero Friction Golf Tees are the way to go, I played a whole round before this thing wore out.  Check it out at www.zerofrictiontees.com
    »

I like those Zero tees (and the epoch) as well. Frankly - to ME - the "Brush Tees" claim (below) is completely preposterously ridiculous, I just can't stand myself image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' /> I don't know whether to be insulted, or to laugh at this product.

Certainly - the miniscule resistance offered by a tee will have virtually no impact to a golfswing. I expect this company to go the same direction as MAC Burrows golf (bankruptcy).

from www.brushtees.com:

"Now, you can launch your drives without resistance or deflection and gain up to 7 additional yards without changing equipment."
  • cpa49707cpa49707 ClubWRX Posts: 1,573
    Call me old fashioned or what ever you want, but i prefer the plain old wood tees. They have been around for ever, they work, and there free. I ahven't bought a tee in over ten years. I do like the longer ones for my driver, but use the shorter ones for all my other tee shots. just my opinion.
  • Todd Gack wrote on Jul 29 2005, 08:13 AM:
    I couldn't stomach using one of those tees.  Zero Friction Golf Tees are the way to go, I played a whole round before this thing wore out.  Check it out at www.zerofrictiontees.com
    »

That is what I use...They never break. I have used the same tees for the past 3 months.

printedzftsm.jpg
  • mcbush25mcbush25 Members Posts: 2,040
    GehenHerzog wrote on Aug 8 2005, 12:31 PM:
    Todd Gack wrote on Jul 29 2005, 08:13 AM:
    »

That is what I use...They never break. I have used the same tees for the past 3 months.

printedzftsm.jpg
    »

I need to try these tees and see if they last longer than the Epoch tees.
  • dunkotimedunkotime Members Posts: 43
    I have used them, brush tees are ok, epoch are better I think.

What I don't like about either is that they don't leave a paint mark like regulare white tees...it is silly, but I like it when you strike it well and there is a paint line on the bottom of the club.
  • bert-bbert-b Members Posts: 133
    I use the brush tees myself for the same reason, same height every time. And I did take some ribbing.... but, then, once I hit past my buddies consistently for the 4th straight hole, they shut up pretty quickly...

Bert-B

golfscene wrote on Jul 30 2005, 06:57 AM:
    happig wrote on Jul 29 2005, 03:37 PM:
    »

»

happig,

I don't mean to cause trouble but where did you hear that? Because its false information, on Brush T's website it says on the front page that they are legal.
    All four Brush-T’s now come in the new white model, and all conform to the rules of both the United States Golf Association and the Royal and Ancient Golf Society of St. Andrews.

I do use these myself, basically because they give me a constant tee height ever time I play.

Brad
    »

• Evil R1Evil R1 Members Posts: 1,361
    I got a bunch of these for my birthday. Ranging from 3 - Wood, Driver, Oversize, and Extra Large. The Oversize is the only one I use. The 3 Wood is too tall for my 3 Wood and the others are just too short for anything else.

I would say there is absolutely no performance gain what so ever, but 1 tee has lasted me almost 4 months and it's still going. I'm sure eventually the brissels will wear out and not hold the ball up anymore, but until then I'll just continue to play with them. Once my 2 Extra Large Tees finally die I probably won't get another set.

Thanks,
  • Big D McGeeBig D McGee GET FLYERED UP!!! Members Posts: 1,194
    I bought these at the end of last season, when they were on sale. I figured at least they'd give me a consistent tee height. To be honest, I have no idea why I stopped using them! I use ZF tees now and love them, but I'll have to break out the brush tees at the range tomorrow night, and see how they work.