Diamana 73 S or X

gjunkygjunky SoCalMembers Posts: 226 ✭✭
I purchased a Cally X 460 Tour 10.5* about to months ago and was going to put a Diamana 73 shaft in it. My swing speed is about 100-105 with a fast transition from the top. I heard this shaft plays a little soft to flex and was wondering what flex you guys would recommend or if anyone has played this shaft in a tru-bore head such as this one.

Comments

• scottescotte Members Posts: 1,079
    Hi, I haven't played the diaman in a bore through, I ordered it in my cleveland comp, but I will tell you this, I play an 83x and it honestly feels about the same as my 757s. only with a little higher ball flight.

I hope this helps
  • gjunkygjunky SoCalMembers Posts: 226 ✭✭
    scotte wrote on Apr 28 2006, 10:14 PM:

Hi, I haven't played the diaman in a bore through, I ordered it in my cleveland comp, but I will tell you this, I play an 83x and it honestly feels about the same as my 757s. only with a little higher ball flight.

I hope this helps

Thanks for your input Scotte, what is your swing speed.
  • msuplmsupl Members Posts: 546 ✭✭
    My swingspeed is between 105-110 mph and I have a Diamana Red 73X in my 905R. I did not tip it and inserted the head 2 inches blind bore and it worked out perfectly.
  • scottescotte Members Posts: 1,079
    Hi, like you I also have a fast transition, but my swing speed averages around 110. I don't know how accurate those little radars are, but our club has one and thats what the average driver speed is about 110.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day.

In the diamana I would really lean tward the x shaft if it was me, They are great shafts, but the s is pretty whippy for us fast transition guys. It's not boardy like the 757's.

Scott