Different "standard" lengths: Help!

Geohans ·  
GeohansGeohans Members  2160WRX Points: 79Posts: 2,160 Platinum Tees
Are there different ways of measuring?
Titleist standard length is 1/4in longer than Mizuno standard length, according to their websites.

Are these really the same effective length, but measured in a different manner-- say, including the end of the grip?

Hotstix fitted me to be a 38in 6iron, which is 3/4in long in Mizuno, but 1/2in long in Titleist. A 38in 6iron feels VERY long to me.

Please let me in on the secret. . . . . thanks.
Posted:

Comments

• VT_FanVT_Fan Members  40WRX Points: 0Posts: 40
    Unfortunately, golf is one of the few industries that has no standards organizations for technical matters. There are some self-appointed groups, but no equivalent to ANSI or the like. Not only do manufacturers use different 'standard' lengths, the measurement methods are also different. I use a Mitchell board and most (not all) clubs seem to be measured to the shaft end, not the grip end. On a different board, that might not be true. Hopefully your fitter got it right.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.