Fubuki 73g x tippig help!!!

ktenniso ·  
ktennisoktenniso Members  8WRX Points: 0Posts: 8
Lookng for help on how much I should tip my new shaft
I just got a FUBUKI 73g X flex shaft. I am going to put it into a PING i15 driver. My swing speed today at PING on trackman was 113-116 and I was hitting a 73g x flex whiteboard in thr same head with 2400-3000 spin and carry distance on 293-299. The whiteboard I hit was straight in and flet a touch week. I'm definitly the most worried about flex and my i15 can be adjusted 2 degrees in any way after thr shaft is in to tigten but launch numbers. Like the feel of the fubuki over the whiteboard. Thanks for any help!
Posted:

Comments

• ksavy17ksavy17 Members  2625WRX Points: 60Posts: 2,625 Bunkers
    ktenniso wrote on Dec 3 2009, 07:13 PM:
    I just got a FUBUKI 73g X flex shaft. I am going to put it into a PING i15 driver. My swing speed today at PING on trackman was 113-116 and I was hitting a 73g x flex whiteboard in thr same head with 2400-3000 spin and carry distance on 293-299. The whiteboard I hit was straight in and flet a touch week. I'm definitly the most worried about flex and my i15 can be adjusted 2 degrees in any way after thr shaft is in to tigten but launch numbers. Like the feel of the fubuki over the whiteboard. Thanks for any help!

considering your clubhead speed id take an inch off first and leave a little room on the butt section. If that does not work try 1 1/2 inches.
    Posted:
    ST 190G 9* w/Tensei Orange 70X
    Rogue 15* w/EF Blue 75X
    P790 17* w/KK Black 80X
    V6 Tour CB/MB 3-PW w/PX 6.5
    SM7 48F*/54M*/60M* w/DG Onyx S400
    Spider Tour Black
    TP5x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • marrigomarrigo Members  2876WRX Points: 133Posts: 2,876 Titanium Tees
    The Fubuki launches and spins considerably more than the Whiteboard. In order to carry the ball as far as you do you must already have a high launch angle. That and considering your spin numbers are higher than optimal (optimal is 2200 at 170mph ball speed and 16* launch; 293 carry distance at sea level) I'd agree that your going to have to tip it considerably to try and get the launch and spin down as much as you can. The question begs to be asked however if you were carrying it over 290 with a whiteboard why did you get a Fubuki and why didn't you try the Fubuki on the launch monitor. I'd be a bit concerned that you're not going to be able to get near optimal numbers with that shaft.
    Posted:
    Driver- Cally X16 Pro, 8.0*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
    3wd- TM SLDR TS, UST ATTAS Elements, S
    Hybrids- Cally RAZR-X Tour 18*&24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
    Irons- TM RSI TP 4-PW, KBS Tour, S
    GW- Cally RAZR-X Forged, C-Taper S+ SS 2x
    SW/LW- Cally MD3,C-Taper S+SS 2x
    Putter- TM Spider Tour

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.