Driver Issues -- Help -- Opinions Needed

Golferpimp1 ·  
Golferpimp1Golferpimp1 Charter Members  656WRX Points: 0Posts: 656
Oban Devotion 6 X Flex -- Who uses it, whats your SS.
Soooooo . . . Ive been using a nickent 4dx tour issue driver in 10.5 loft with a axivcore tour black 69 Stiff Tipped 1 inch, used it for a couple of years but lately had been hitting it WAY too high, I felt like I was losing distance and getting no roll. Soooo. . . . I get a 9* Tour Prototype exotic driver and put a stiff Epic in it, hit it good got much more roll, but didnt feel like I hit it high enough (maybe I Just wanted a reason to get another stick). Sooo . . . after reading a TON about the 9015d 9.5* I picked one up with a ACCRA SC75 X flex (thats the shaft that came in it), so I figured id try it . . . I hit it well, even could turn it over, but it was going about 7-10 yds less than the Exotics, I felt like I should be getting more distance out of it (dont think I was getting everything I could out of the shaft since my SS wasnt high enough I dont think (103mph)) so I put a Oban Devotion 6 X flex with standard tipping in it, took it out today, had a little more trouble turning it over, and wasnt sure on distance cause it as 38* outside and I wasnt on my normal range (where I know my distances), the ballflight was a bit higher, which I liked, but not moon balls, couldnt see how much roll I was getting but I would imagine it was decent. In doing a bit of research about the Oban, I read that it plays a bit soft to flex, so maybe like and SX, which is part of the reason I picked it up. . . that being said, does it sound like its too stout for my swing? My SS on avg is about 103mph give or take a couple. I Guess ill really know more once I get it out to my normal range and can compare to where I had been hitting the exotics and the nickent. Im thinking this combo could really work out, or maybe hoping!!

But I did want to see the SS of peeps using the oban devotion 6 in the x flex with standard tipping to see if its doable for me to use it. . . Im also working a bit more in trying to increase my SS (back to playing multiple times a week, as opposed to twice a month, so I now have time to work on the game!)

I appreciate any help and/or opinions.
Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.