R9 Driver Shaft Recommendation

TheDeckchair ·  
TheDeckchairTheDeckchair Members  54WRX Points: 0Posts: 54
Hi all<br />
<br />
I hope nobody minds but I’ve started a new thread about finding the correct shaft for my driver as the title of the last one was more focused to a particular shaft rather than finding a good shaft for my driver<br />
<br />
I’ve currently got an R9 in 8.5 degrees and I’m on the lookout for a heavyweight shaft (Graphite or Steel) to play at a length of 43.5 – 44 which isn’t overly stiff. I’ve fallen in love with my R9 4 wood which has an Motore F1 85s shaft but while I feel this is a great fit for me in a fairway I don’t want anything this stiff in my driver as I just don’t like the feel of strong flexed shafts in a driver. <br />
<br />
I don’t know the exact details of my swing and launch numbers as I don’t have access to a launch monitor or something similar however I do know the following. My swing speed is around 100 - 105 with a driver but I have a smooth swing and I don’t have an aggressive transition. As such I’ve been able to play quite happily with an Aldila NV 65 in regular flex but I just hit the ball way to high. I’ve had my swing checked out and although it isn’t perfect there is no massive swing flaws which are causing the high ball flight. I really want something which is around the 85-95g weight and my first thought was a Matrix Studio 94 in firm but I worry that this may play a little stiff when trimmed and installed into my driver. I do have 2 additional 12g weights which I can installed alongside the 16g to increase the head weight but I don’t know if this is enough or too much. Other than the Matrix Studio I was thinking of an Aldila NV 85 in regular or even a Dynamic Gold X100 SL. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly welcomed
Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.