Colorado WRX

1356789

Comments

  • Deezy303Deezy303 Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    May is usually the windiest month for the Front Range area. It will definitely die down come late May/ early June. Hang in there!
  • BooneBoone Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    New to the board! From south Denver. I like to play golf.
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,570 ClubWRX
    DTown3011 wrote:


    I'm playing The Fox Hill Club in Longmont on Thursday and Highland Meadows in Windsor on Friday.






    Highland Meadows has to be one of my favorite courses I have ever played in Colorado...
    Rogue 10.5* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 60S
    Rogue SZ 15* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Rogue 3h 19* KBS Hybrid Prototype 85S
    Apex '14 #4-PW KBS Tour 120 Matte Black
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis
  • Kuz013Kuz013 Members Posts: 794
    Hey guys, a friend of mine is heading to Boulder at the end of June for business and he is looking for a nice course to take his boss too while he is there, so does anyone there have any good suggestions, he said anywhere in or somewhat close to Boulder would be best



    Thanks
    TM R1 Blk NS Pro Regio MB
    TM R11 TP Fujikura Speeder
    Titleist 710 CB KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM 52.08 56.11 60.04
    Bettinardi BB16 34"
  • SpumoniSpumoni Members Posts: 778 ✭✭
    Nothing great in Boulder, Flatirons is the only muni (gets busy) . Fossil Trace is in Golden about 30mins south of Boulder. The Omni Resort in Broomfield is nice but a bit pricy (15 -20 east of Boulder). Heritage at Westmoor, Indian Peaks (Hale Irwin design), Legacy Ridge and Colorado National are all nice within a 20 min ride from Boulder. Ute Creek in Longmont 15 -20 mins to the north is a Robert Trent Jones Jr design for less than $40 to walk.
  • Kuz013Kuz013 Members Posts: 794
    Spumoni wrote:


    Nothing great in Boulder, Flatirons is the only muni (gets busy) . Fossil Trace is in Golden about 30mins south of Boulder. The Omni Resort in Broomfield is nice but a bit pricy (15 -20 east of Boulder). Heritage at Westmoor, Indian Peaks (Hale Irwin design), Legacy Ridge and Colorado National are all nice within a 20 min ride from Boulder. Ute Creek in Longmont 15 -20 mins to the north is a Robert Trent Jones Jr design for less than $40 to walk.






    Thanks for the response, 20 minute drive is fine, Ill let him know....thanks again
    TM R1 Blk NS Pro Regio MB
    TM R11 TP Fujikura Speeder
    Titleist 710 CB KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM 52.08 56.11 60.04
    Bettinardi BB16 34"
  • wybrhwybrh Members Posts: 301 ✭✭
    DTown3011 wrote:

    DTown3011 wrote:


    I'm playing The Fox Hill Club in Longmont on Thursday and Highland Meadows in Windsor on Friday.






    Highland Meadows has to be one of my favorite courses I have ever played in Colorado...




    Same here. I try to play there at lease once a month.
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,570 ClubWRX
    Spumoni wrote:


    Nothing great in Boulder, Flatirons is the only muni (gets busy) . Fossil Trace is in Golden about 30mins south of Boulder. The Omni Resort in Broomfield is nice but a bit pricy (15 -20 east of Boulder). Heritage at Westmoor, Indian Peaks (Hale Irwin design), Legacy Ridge and Colorado National are all nice within a 20 min ride from Boulder. Ute Creek in Longmont 15 -20 mins to the north is a Robert Trent Jones Jr design for less than $40 to walk.




    Fossil Trace is great. Omni is okay but overpriced, nothing spectacular. You can get good deals on GolfNow.com. Colorado National is my home course and in GREAT shape right now after the NCAA Regionals. I would also throw Broadlands and Coal Creek into the mix...




    wybrh wrote:

    DTown3011 wrote:

    DTown3011 wrote:


    I'm playing The Fox Hill Club in Longmont on Thursday and Highland Meadows in Windsor on Friday.






    Highland Meadows has to be one of my favorite courses I have ever played in Colorado...




    Same here. I try to play there at lease once a month.




    I am SO looking forward to getting back.
    Rogue 10.5* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 60S
    Rogue SZ 15* MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Rogue 3h 19* KBS Hybrid Prototype 85S
    Apex '14 #4-PW KBS Tour 120 Matte Black
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis
  • MileHighClubMileHighClub Members Posts: 3,654
    Kuz013 wrote:


    Hey guys, a friend of mine is heading to Boulder at the end of June for business and he is looking for a nice course to take his boss too while he is there, so does anyone there have any good suggestions, he said anywhere in or somewhat close to Boulder would be best



    Thanks




    Fossil Trace is a nice track for out of towers. Lots of character (especially back nine) including dinosaur fossils and large rock formations in fairways. Close to Coors brewery and you can take the tour after the round. Enjoy.
    Callaway FT-iz 9*
    Ping G15 4W 17*
    Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
    Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
    Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
    Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    I just joined the forum and would love to meet golfers in the Denver area. I live in Parker and mostly play at Heritage Eagle Bend. If you still want to get a mens club going I'm very interested.


    skierbri10 wrote:


    It's coming!!!!!! The golf season, well we have had a decent start...lol We need rain but the nice days are fine also.....



    Maybe we can get a Rockies Colorado WRX mens club going? Maybe have a few tournaments? Anyone here have experience with that? I can do whatever to help get it going....



    We might be able to get a good thing going.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • lunkerkinglunkerking Members Posts: 91
    Hello, I live in Boulder, handicap is about 12. going thru a swing change and would like a recommendation on an instructor. Preferably north of Denver, maybe in Boulder turnpike area.



    Thanks.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,259 ✭✭
    We played Riverdale Dunes 2 days ago, fantastic shape. Very fun course, lots of terrain and some water, yet plenty of room to hit driver. GPS carts would be great, we made do with a laser and a golfbuddy. One of the best courses near Denver that we have played. The Knolls side is pretty tame and boring by comparison.
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    dirtyboy wrote:


    We played Riverdale Dunes 2 days ago, fantastic shape. Very fun course, lots of terrain and some water, yet plenty of room to hit driver. GPS carts would be great, we made do with a laser and a golfbuddy. One of the best courses near Denver that we have played. The Knolls side is pretty tame and boring by comparison.




    I've heard great things about the Dunes. I'll have to get up there, it's just a bit of a haul from Parker.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,259 ✭✭
    masamitsu wrote:

    dirtyboy wrote:


    We played Riverdale Dunes 2 days ago, fantastic shape. Very fun course, lots of terrain and some water, yet plenty of room to hit driver. GPS carts would be great, we made do with a laser and a golfbuddy. One of the best courses near Denver that we have played. The Knolls side is pretty tame and boring by comparison.




    I've heard great things about the Dunes. I'll have to get up there, it's just a bit of a haul from Parker.




    Lot shorter than the 150 miles we drove! Price was very reasonable too.
  • sunnyboysunnyboy Members Posts: 88
    Whats up guys im in Littleton
  • Jim BJim B Members Posts: 25
    Hello from Colorado Springs!
  • joshn08joshn08 Poor College Golfer Members Posts: 221
    Whats up guys. Up in Fort Collins. Just moved here from The Woodlands, TX (where the old Shell Houston Open was played before it moved to Redstone)



    Home course is Collindale right now but I'm looking for a couple other courses that are nicer. I'd say I'm a 7 handicapper.



    I'm down for a WRX meetup. I had an old account on here but email is deactivated and can't remember login.
  • arkieboy72472arkieboy72472 Members Posts: 1
    Hello, also, from the springs. I am a newer golfer, so I shoot about 30-40 over right now. I have played Patty Jewet and the on post course - Cheyenne Shadows

    Once I get back from my deployment I plan on playing a little more. I am just trying to build a decent collection a club @ a time.

    I really enjoy the game. I consider myself good at pitching, putting, and judging distance.
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    I'm up for a WRX get together.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • joshn08joshn08 Poor College Golfer Members Posts: 221
    I'm down just tell when and where
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    How's next Saturday for everyone? My course is having a couple of tourneys so I can't get on. FYI. I'm pretty much a hack!clapping.gif
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • joshn08joshn08 Poor College Golfer Members Posts: 221
    I'm down for next saturday. I wouldn't recommend any courses in Fort Collins or around it.
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    I was thinking of maybe playing Riverdale Dunes but not sure what condition it's in. Anyone know?
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,259 ✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2011 #85
    A month ago, it was perfect. Great course!



    It is getting to be aeration season, best call before you get a tee time anywhere.
  • joshn08joshn08 Poor College Golfer Members Posts: 221
    Saturday at Dunes sounds like a good plan. who all is going to go.
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    I'm in.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    Just called Riverdale. They just aerated the River's course yesterday and today .. and did the Knolls last Tuesday.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • joshn08joshn08 Poor College Golfer Members Posts: 221
    **** well any other courses that could be contenders
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    Heritage Todd Creek is up that way.. Was thinking something in between since your up north.



    Looking at the map there's Park Hill, Indian Peaks, Colorado National.. (never played them, don't know anything about them)..
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,259 ✭✭
    Colorado National is a good course, club house is full of snobs though.
Sign In or Register to comment.