2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Anyone Ranked on NJGS ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not affraid to say it, I played in one AJGA, putted horribly (82 putts for the two days), and I am ranked 4359 on the GOLF Week rankings. I will be playing in 4 more AJGA's this season, as well as other GolfWeek/NJGS Ranked events, and we will see where we go from there. Boys, there is no shame in posting honestly of what you have acheived and accomplished, not everyone is going to be the Phillip Francis' and Mu Hu's of this world, nor would anyone expect you to be. If you don't feel comfortable (as you bluntly stated GehenHerzog), then don't post! Simple as that.

Now I will let Adam continue doing his detective work:

detective.jpg

- Bryan

Bingo....He is david gies II

His post of Aug 8, 2005 gave me what I needed to find out....He said he played in a tournament at Hampton Hall golf course designed by Pete Dye....he said he wasn't happy with his tournament scores 76-76-71...I ran that through google...there is one tournament that exists at Hampton Hall by Pete Dye that has someone with those results.....Came up with the same name I came up with the first time....bingo....He is David Gies II of Charlotte, NC. The above ranking for him is correct.

David Gies II ranked #753 on NJGS and in the 2k's on Golfweek...pretty presumptuous to say you are the highest ranked player here other than Hogue when you know no one else and you arent even ranked in the HUNDREDS on golfweek....oh word to the wise if you don't want to be found....don't post all your tournament scores with tournament courses....they can and will be found if you make outrageous claims. Atlanta, Ga. Interesting that we now know pretty much for a fact you are from Charlotte, NC. Changing your location doesn't hide who you are.

P.S. shot 79 in the Scott Robertson qualifer...not 78

Thank you,

Adam

Adam your right cause he is signed up for the AJGA Houchens Industries Junior Open here http://ajga.org/TournInfo/2006/TFields.asp?TN=T27 , which he stated in a post May 18 2006, 09:30 PM

which said this ."Hey missinglink...The AJGA Houchens Industries tournament is in Alvaton, Kentucky correct?

Send me a PM or something, I'm playing in that as well. Hopefuly I will be hitting my driver in the fairway by then."

BINGO !!

BTW: I was crucial part in Adam's investigation lol .

Ok so you all have established he's a trash talker... but depending on course slope, rating, length etc.. those are pretty decent... Probably shouldn't be talking all that trash though.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Agreed, his playing by no stretch is horrible or bad but we certainly would not have spent this time if he hadn't been a constant braggart since he started here. However, when making a bold statement such as what he made....that isn't gonna slide by us.. Had he just said I am ranked and unhappy with it...I'd have said hey I can understand that....but his caveat was what got him crucified...lol.

However, the way you can tell how hard the course was playing is based on where those scores put him in the field...dont just look at the scores themselves but the fact that many of them put him middle of the pack or so. That is the barometer you can use for determining the quality of play.

His posts being dishonest over the course of his membership here are again what got him into this pickle. Take this as a lesson juniors, we don't care if your tiger or a beginner, but if your a beginner and claim to be tiger, repeatedly, and rub peoples noses in it, your gonna get yours rubbed back.

Johnny, we would like to acknowledge that the manner in which he uncovered his identity was a little bit harsh; however, he made a clear attempt to state that he was better than EVERYONE here, except for one person. The junior forum is not a competition but a community and we would like to keep it that way. His post was truly out of line given that he knows no one here and was in fact quite bold given his actual standing. We would like to keep this forum as honest as we can, and between his location being false, and his constant bragging we felt it necessary to bring him under control. Again we apologize for the slightly harsh conduct but feel the point needed to be expressed.

Johnny, we would like to acknowledge that the manner in which he uncovered his identity was a little bit harsh; however, he made a clear attempt to state that he was better than EVERYONE here, except for one person. The junior forum is not a competition but a community and we would like to keep it that way. His post was truly out of line given that he knows no one here and was in fact quite bold given his actual standing. We would like to keep this forum as honest as we can, and between his location being false, and his constant bragging we felt it necessary to bring him under control. Again we apologize for the slightly harsh conduct but feel the point needed to be expressed.

nah dont worry.. I would have probably done the same.. his statement was a rather bold one. He has decent scores but definately not good enough to be taking that kind of smack.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

The golfweek rankings are hard to compare with the NJGS rankings. When I played junior golf I got pretty high up on the NJGS just by playing the Toyata Tour Cup tournamnets in Southern California. As I started to play more AJGA's my ranking on golfweek started to climb. The golfweek rankings just don't give you credit for local tournaments whereas the NJGS rankings counts pretty much everything thats more than one day.

NJGS is more accurate than Golfweek. The state rankings for golfweek are way off, there are a few players ranked ahead of me in golfweek who have never finished higher than me when we have been entered in the same tournament.

Almost any rankings you find the top players will be ranked pretty accurately but there isn't any ranking system that has it accurate from top to bottom. The Top 100 on any rankings is going to be pretty accurate though.

How you like my scores from the Bridgestone Junior Classic? Pretty impressive eh? My tournament scores have been struggling lately due to swing changes, but I am hitting the ball really well right now and I should finish well in Kentucky...its a relatively weak field since the FootJoy is the same time.

Is anyone else playing in Kentucky next week?

Yes, I talk a lot of s***, but only when people lie about their scores, I am not going to mention names again...but I don't like seeing people say they shot some low rounds when you can look at their ranking and see that they haven't even come close to those scores.

You made a pretty bold statement you made though gehen, a little different than talking to certain people when you make a blanket statement such as the one you made....oh and you can change your location back to NC....eh

P.S. you were lying in a sense as well stating you were the best on here besides hogue, even though we've known who missinglink08 was for quite some time...he posted his name before. So if you want to talk about lying, try to keep it honest.

Lets see...you shot 77-75 in US Junior Am qualifier not 69-75...hey 8 shots can slip someons mind

2. 78 at Scott Robertson qualifier hmm....79 but thats only one right...close enough for gov't purposes correct....nope

This is all going off posts you made previously, you said you played poorly second 18 after shooting 69 to miss the Junior Am, looks like you missed it after the 5 over front 18...

3. your ranking is the most egregious of your offenses.....but hey im not gonna mention names david...

Thanks for responding tho

You made a pretty bold statement you made though gehen, a little different than talking to certain people when you make a blanket statement such as the one you made....oh and you can change your location back to NC....eh

P.S. you were lying in a sense as well stating you were the best on here besides hogue, even though we've known who missinglink08 was for quite some time...he posted his name before. So if you want to talk about lying, try to keep it honest.

Lets see...you shot 77-75 in US Junior Am qualifier not 69-75...hey 8 shots can slip someons mind

2. 78 at Scott Robertson qualifier hmm....79 but thats only one right...close enough for gov't purposes correct....nope

This is all going off posts you made previously, you said you played poorly second 18 after shooting 69 to miss the Junior Am, looks like you missed it after the 5 over front 18...

3. your ranking is the most egregious of your offenses.....but hey im not gonna mention names david...

Thanks for responding tho

I did shoot 69-75 in the US Junior Qualifier 2 years ago, last year, yes, I shot 77-75 (it was actually 75-77 but they screwed up the order). http://www.njgs.com/smtresultscourse.asp?TID=12529

I don't know what missinglink's name is, so I went by handicap for the highest rank players.

What is missinglinks name so I will know for future reference. I am not on this forum everyday and I dont read everypost.

his name is michael murray as stated above...I'll give you the one qualifer, yet still a bold a** statement to make on open forum.... that you are the second best...and we still had your scotty r. quali being wrong. in my book 2 outta three is shootin 66 percent. better than even money.

his name is michael murray as stated above...I'll give you the one qualifer, yet still a bold a** statement to make on open forum.... that you are the second best...and we still had your scotty r. quali being wrong. in my book 2 outta three is shootin 66 percent. better than even money.

I am ranked ahead of Michael Murray as well.

Good try though.

Ahh your ranked higher on NJGS which ranks local tourneys, um lemme see

2937 or 449 on golfweek/sagarin rankings? which is higher?

449 Michael Murray 2008 MI 77.22

2937 David Gies N/A N/A 79.63

I'm no math person (well I am but lets pretend) but which is higher on the rankings that count?

Ahh your ranked higher on NJGS which ranks local tourneys, um lemme see

2874 or 449 on golfweek/sagarin rankings? which is higher?

The local tournaments I play in have stronger fields than any of the FCWT s*** that Michael Murray has played in.

The Bobby Chapman, Joe Cheves, Carmel, Carolinas, Westfield State, Donald Ross, NC Junior, Big I state.

If you look at players from North and South Carolina, they are some of the top ranked players in the nation.

Somebody tell me what George Bryan is ranked according to GolfWeek, I don't look at Golfweek rankings so please let me know.