2010 Nike Golf

2»

Comments

• elcheneelchene Members  1117WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,117
    Interesting story about the hybrids! I just wish they could keep it all silver instead, without that black bow showing at address.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  31993WRX Points: 1,730Posts: 31,993 Titanium Tees
    I seen the non str8-fit driver today and it is the best looking driver from address that I have ever seen!
    Posted:
  • tigerfan23tigerfan23 Members  7986WRX Points: 354Posts: 7,986 Titanium Tees
    Come back to Nike moneyshot!

Don't you know adams is for old men?
    Posted:

SIM MAX 10.5
    SIM MAX 15

PXG 0311 P GEN 3 3-PW DG120
    PXG 0311 FORGED 52 56 60 DG120

2020 NEWPORT

• Mizzy13 Mizzy13 MJM 13 Members  108WRX Points: 0Posts: 108
    Does anyone know if Nike is coming out with a replacement for the Nike Vapor golf ball? I notice they don't sell this anymore nor is it on the website......
    Posted:
  • tigerfan23tigerfan23 Members  7986WRX Points: 354Posts: 7,986 Titanium Tees
    Finally hit the entire lineup today including the tour with the px 5.5

The tour driver is just amazing. Straight straight straight. The 5.5 was plenty shaft for me.

At address it's perfect. Doesn't look open actually, looks square to me. The shaft felt like the Diamana Blue to me.

The hyrbids are nice but the 909h is safe (I only play 21 deg and not that often).

The fairway woods are not that great IMO. Felt ok. The hozel really is ugly and I'm a nike guy.

I hit the str8 yesterday and again today. It's nice. Because of the larger head size, you really don't notice the hozel but the tour is where it's at.

Next weekend I'll hit it outdoors and make a decision.
    Posted:

SIM MAX 10.5
    SIM MAX 15

PXG 0311 P GEN 3 3-PW DG120
    PXG 0311 FORGED 52 56 60 DG120

2020 NEWPORT

• NGstaffNGstaff Members  1243WRX Points: 119Handicap: 2.5Posts: 1,243 Platinum Tees
    Mizzy13 wrote on 31 January 2010 - 10:41 AM:

Does anyone know if Nike is coming out with a replacement for the Nike Vapor golf ball? I notice they don't sell this anymore nor is it on the website......

They are out now. The Nike One Vapor Speed ball. We have them in stock.
    Posted:
    What in the Bag
    Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver HZRDUS X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w HZRDUS X
    Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS X
    Callaway X Forged 4-7 KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
    Callaway Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
    Engage 52, 56 and 60 Wedge KBS Tour C Taper X
    Nike Method 001

Advertisement
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16247WRX Points: 1,246Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,247 Titanium Tees
    I think the drivers look great, all of them, the str8fit hosel on the fwy's is a problem. The hybrid is horrible, I know the tour pro's liked and wanted it that way but they don't buy clubs. Performance wise I like their input, design wise, well lets just say nike should leave that up to the professionals, designers that is.
    Posted:
    Driver - Under construction
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges - Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• MiloshMilosh Members  306WRX Points: 0Posts: 306
    No alignment aids on any of the woods?
    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  31993WRX Points: 1,730Posts: 31,993 Titanium Tees
    Mizzy13 wrote on 31 January 2010 - 09:41 AM:

Not the Adams clubs that I play my man, lol... If Nike releases the new V groove wedges, fws with no str8-fit hosel

I would play Nike again. I like the VR hybrid 1000 times better than the VR fws and that is not saying much (hybrid is ugly too). I think Nike dropped the ball this year on a couple key product offerings.
    Posted:
  • volrusvolrus Members  1519WRX Points: 68Posts: 1,519 Platinum Tees
    TheMoneyShot wrote on 31 January 2010 - 02:05 PM:

Mizzy13 wrote on 31 January 2010 - 09:41 AM:

Not the Adams clubs that I play my man, lol... If Nike releases the new V groove wedges, fws with no str8-fit hosel

I would play Nike again. I like the VR hybrid 1000 times better than the VR fws and that is not saying much (hybrid is ugly too). I think Nike dropped the ball this year on a couple key product offerings.

They definitely dropped it on the fairways and hybrids, but they hit it out of the park with the VR drivers and from what I hear, the Machspeed isn't too shabby either.
    Posted:
  • MiloshMilosh Members  306WRX Points: 0Posts: 306
    That VR driver sole is reminiscent of the Nickent 4DX.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • riot1013riot1013 Members  113WRX Points: 0Posts: 113
    I hit the VR FW's the other day and thought they were fine. They feel really good and the Str8 fit collar didn't bother me at all when I was hitting the ball. When you just look at it sure it looks out of place but when addressing a ball the collar wasn't really what was on my mind, but everyone is different. If I look at the other adjustable FW options (R9) I think that this one looks a thousand times better. It is alot easier to ignore the collar on the VR than the hideous shape of the R9.
    Posted:
  • acquadiiceacquadiice Members  2282WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,282
    ive hit the VR tour non str8 fit driver and it feels amazing. i am really excited about these drivers and probably going to get one.
    Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16247WRX Points: 1,246Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,247 Titanium Tees
    Driver is great, I hit it today and was very pleased.. As for the fwy's, I like the shape of the head but the str8t fit adaptor is extremely distracting. No way I could play it so I didn't even bother hitting it. Hopefully they come out with a glued version. Hybrids were not my cup of tee either
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

J13 wrote on 01 February 2010 - 03:43 PM:

Driver is great, I hit it today and was very pleased.. As for the fwy's, I like the shape of the head but the str8t fit adaptor is extremely distracting. No way I could play it so I didn't even bother hitting it. Hopefully they come out with a glued version. Hybrids were not my cup of tee either

+100
    Posted:
    When are we going to find out more about those V grooved wedges?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BoomBoomLarryBoomBoomLarry Members  384WRX Points: 0Posts: 384
    I cant justify replacing my SQ 5000 with the VR driver. I am sure I can hit them just the same.
    Posted:
  • DBakeDBake Graham, WAMembers  976WRX Points: 102Handicap: 6.8Posts: 976 Golden Tee
    What is the product cycle length on the Nike stuff?
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
    Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 90X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
    Snell MTB Red
  • gregcindyhgregcindyh Members  1004WRX Points: 89Posts: 1,004 Platinum Tees
    I hit the VR Tour last weekend in Portland. It had a Pro 6.0, which I thought was week. It sure looks good at address. Wasn't overly excited about it, but the Ping i15 was hot. That Machspeed stuff looks like it should be in Pep Boys. LOL thanks for the pics man...love lookin'
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic GBB 9* Hzurdus T800 6.5
    Titleist FD 15* Diamana Blue Board 80x
    Adams a12 pro 20* Hybrid Diamana whiteboard 90x
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW DG Pro
    Nike VR Pro 56* DG s400
    Titleist SM5 60* S grind DG s400
    Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"
  • ztlumakztlumak Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    Those vr wedges look sweet, but all the machspeed stuff looks like it's made of plastic.
    Posted:
  • DadofTyDadofTy Members  110WRX Points: 50Posts: 110 Fairways
    In all those videos did he specifically avoid saying Tiger?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    DadofTy wrote on 09 February 2010 - 05:25 PM:

In all those videos did he specifically avoid saying Tiger?

I noticed that too and wondered why?
    Posted:
  • spencespence Members  277WRX Points: 0Posts: 277
    i saw on the nike website they changed the display for the vr irons the videos and the main screen dont show tiger hitting them anymore.maybe cause he does not play the vrs anymore or is it something else but that guy in the videos did seem like he was holding back from saying tiger.
    Posted:
    What they need to do is change Victory Red to just the Victory line. Regardless of whats happeneing with his situation they shouldn't have ever labeled the line after 1 player, especially when other pro's are playing the stuff. I love tiger but if I were a pro I would not want the guy I'm trying to beat's name or logo on my clubs. Victory Red is based on tiger winning and his sunday color red, that needs to change. And again whether this happened or not I alway felt this was a mistake on nike's part.
    Posted:
    Odyssey Versa 6
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• thegooddoctorthegooddoctor My bad holes are just me getting my money's worth Members  1190WRX Points: 45Handicap: 5.2Posts: 1,190 Platinum Tees
    I was at my local golf shop today and have been in the market for a new driver. I have been a TM fan since the orignal burners way back when and am currently gaming an 08. I hit the ft9 tour on vacation a few months back and really liked it. So naturally I started there. It just wasn't to be. I was struggling to get my club head speed above 98 and my ?power transfer ratio? was around 133. They had a deal on the TM supertri and superfast so I went there next. Really liked the superfast of the two and was hitting anywhere from 98-103 on club speed. I noticed on the monitor I was really spraying and for some reason it felt long...well thats cause it is to the tune of 46.5"!!! good reason for the increased club head speed. I asked the pro if he had anything shorter (my current driver TM driver is 45.25) and he said he had the new Nike VR tour at 45.5" (still a little long but felt just right to swing). I tested both VR tour and VR str8 fit tour. For some reason even with shorted shaft my club head speed went up to 105-110 and my ?power tranfer ratio? hit low 150s. (I was told that power ratio/club head speed should be greater than 1.5) By no means was every drive perfect, but the accuracy went way up as compared to the others I tried (prob the length). I broke down and bought one with str8 fit(gave me 100$ gift certificate for nike gear which I used on 3 dozen nike tour D (having sale 2 for 60)) . Went to the range after and man this club just goes. Very boring flight. I had a 9.5 TM stiff before and bought a 9.5 stiff aldilla voodoo this time. Hit both my old TM and new Nike: It's winter in Ohio so difficult to pick up exact distance with snow on ground but the Nike was obviously flying farther with more penetrating flight. I never ever ever though I would buy a nike club but this club has totally changed my thinking. I set the str8 fit at 1 open and on the "upright" setting (I'm 6'1"). I am seriously considering replacing my beloved ping i3+ irons with some nike victory reds. For completeness one of my close golfing buddies has the SQ model with similar loft/shaft from last year. I have hit his many times and JUST HATE THE THING. Hopefully this is a change in the right direction for Nike.

Sorry for long post
    Posted:
    Cally Epic SZ, Cally 815 alpha FW, Cally alpha 815 3 and 4 hybrid, Apex Pro 5-Aw, callaway md2 54, callaway md2 58, Xenon Custom Copper Bullseye
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7746WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,746 Titanium Tees
    TheMoneyShot wrote on 04 February 2010 - 10:42 PM:

When are we going to find out more about those V grooved wedges?

I talked to Nike today and they told me that the new confirming groove wedges will be out in the spring and that the wedges that are pictured in this post wont be out until may be next year he said.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.