We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

mackenzie golfbags?

Comments

• jt2gtjt2gt  640WRX Points: 145Members Posts: 640
    slide13 wrote:

Placed my order this weekend for a Sunday Walker. Ballistic nylon in charcoal with cream and navy leather trim and accent. Few slight tweaks to the standard config. Should be perfect for my 7 or 8 club set. Excited to see it when it’s done.

Sounds great...did they give you a delivery date? So you got the 7inch 1pocket version, correct? Tweaks...water bottle holder? Other tweaks? I am thinking rangefinder holder would be great on a Mackenzie. Sounds like a great bag. I too would like to know if a 7inch will old 14. I have had no problems with 14 on the 8inch regular.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • slide13slide13  1338WRX Points: 135Members Posts: 1,338
    jt2gt wrote:

Sounds great...did they give you a delivery date? So you got the 7inch 1pocket version, correct? Tweaks...water bottle holder? Other tweaks? I am thinking rangefinder holder would be great on a Mackenzie. Sounds like a great bag. I too would like to know if a 7inch will old 14. I have had no problems with 14 on the 8inch regular.

Sounds like mid-February delivery probably. And yep, 7" 1 pocket version. Tweaks were minor but I'm doing a dual color leather bottom, navy on the lower band cream above that. Then navy for the top of bag trim and cream for the zipper pull. Otherwise it's cream trim with navy accents. Only addition I made was a D-ring mounted on the right side below the handle where I could clip a rangefinder or any number of things. Honestly not sure what I'll use it for but seems handy.

I skipped the water bottle holder on this one. I have it on my current bag and I really like it, but decided I wanted to keep this bag very streamlined and I honestly don't use the water bottle holder a ton. If I didn't already have one with the bottle holder I'd probably go for it, it's definitely an option I like to have access to.

Going with my initials on this one and "Enjoy the walk" inside the pocket.
    Posted:
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • That Bob GuyThat Bob Guy Never settle!  2577WRX Points: 105Members Posts: 2,577
    On several occasions, I've transported my clubs in a cart bag, and laid my Jones in along side. Gives one two options should walking become an issue. And I use the largest Club Glove and a strongarm for support and safety. And I always remove whatever heads I can.
    Posted:
  • DrRemulakDrRemulak  86WRX Points: 29Members Posts: 86
    Placed an order for my first Mackenzie today!!! I can't wait to see the final product.
    Posted:
    DrRemulak wrote:

Placed an order for my first Mackenzie today!!! I can't wait to see the final product.

Nice! Welcome to the club.

What are the specs of your order?
    Posted:
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
    I went with an Original 2-Pocket. Green waxed canvas with mahogany trim and cream accents. Added a D-Buckle as well as a rangefinder pocket to the bottom.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Nice! That’s going be awesome. I wanted wax canvas but decided I was too cheap to pay for it since I’ve been pretty happy with my nylon. Someday I want to add a waxed canvas one too though. I like your color combo!
    Posted:
    DrRemulak wrote:

I went with an Original 2-Pocket. Green waxed canvas with mahogany trim and cream accents. Added a D-Buckle as well as a rangefinder pocket to the bottom.

Really nice, you will like the waxed canvas...wears really well. Can you explain exactly where the range finder pocket will be? That is the only thing I think I would add if I ordered another...kind of cumbersome with the rangefinder hanging off the shoulder strap ring at the top.
    Posted:
    jt2gt wrote:

DrRemulak wrote:

Really nice, you will like the waxed canvas...wears really well. Can you explain exactly where the range finder pocket will be? That is the only thing I think I would add if I ordered another...kind of cumbersome with the rangefinder hanging off the shoulder strap ring at the top.

Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. Range finder will be near the bottom. I wanted one after seeing this picture they had posted to their Instagram. Mine will be in the same location.
    Posted:
    That's cool, I didn't know they had that option. That looks similar to their water bottle pocket just sized and shaped differently for a rangefinder. I've used my water bottle pocket for a rangefinder before but it sits too deep to be easily retrievable.
    Posted:
  • 6thFairway6thFairway  1851WRX Points: 149Members Posts: 1,851
    How much do the water bottle or rangefinder pockets add to the price? They aren't in the online builder tool, I don't think.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    6thFairway wrote:

How much do the water bottle or rangefinder pockets add to the price? They aren't in the online builder tool, I don't think.

Rangefinder pocket was an extra $50.

No they aren't in the builder portion of the site. I worked it out over email
    Posted:
    I’m not sure on the water bottle pocket. When I ordered mine pricing was different on these bags. I ordered mine based on the builds on The Walking Golfer Society configurations so I think I got the water bottle pocket included as part of that.

Posted:
  • NixLix26NixLix26  361WRX Points: 113Members Posts: 361
    I’ve got to see more pics of these bags in the wild.
    Posted:
    DRIVER - ROGUE
    FW - SRIXON H45 16*
    TZOID PRO II - 2 iron
    4 iron - ZU85
    5-9 - NEW LEVEL 623M
    CLEVELAND 588 - 47*,52*, 60*
    PUTTER - SC BULLSEYE
    SNELL - MTBX

[/size]

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
  • Pwood28Pwood28  416WRX Points: 106Members Posts: 416
    I had a hard time believing that any golf bag was worth a number approaching four digits, so I waited and was able to track one down for a reasonable amount. After carrying it over the last month, I've enjoyed it so much that I pull the trigger on my own custom build. It really is the most comfortable bag that I have carried. Ample room for the stuff you need, no room to pile in extra junk that you don't need. Far and away the best looking bag you're going to find too.
    Posted:
    Nice, that’s a cool looking design, I like the stripes on the pocket!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Pwood28 wrote:

I had a hard time believing that any golf bag was worth a number approaching four digits, so I waited and was able to track one down for a reasonable amount. After carrying it over the last month, I've enjoyed it so much that I pull the trigger on my own custom build. It really is the most comfortable bag that I have carried. Ample room for the stuff you need, no room to pile in extra junk that you don't need. Far and away the best looking bag you're going to find too.

Looks great...I am assuming the accessory pocket is for rangefinder. What plans do you have for the D ring on handle by initials?
    Posted:
  • NixLix26NixLix26  361WRX Points: 113Members Posts: 361
    How did you design the image? Or do they do that with your description?
    Posted:
    DRIVER - ROGUE
    FW - SRIXON H45 16*
    TZOID PRO II - 2 iron
    4 iron - ZU85
    5-9 - NEW LEVEL 623M
    CLEVELAND 588 - 47*,52*, 60*
    PUTTER - SC BULLSEYE
    SNELL - MTBX

[/size]

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
    NixLix26 wrote:

They provide the image after you tell them what you want, nice to be able to confirm visually that they are interpreting your description of what you want correctly and just nice to see what it will look like in the end.
    Posted:
    jt2gt wrote:

Pwood28 wrote:

Looks great...I am assuming the accessory pocket is for rangefinder. What plans do you have for the D ring on handle by initials?

The accessory pocket will actually be used for my cell phone. I’d prefer to leave in the car, but unfortunately 90% of the time I am able to get out I need to have easy access to my phone. Things get a little cozy in the front pocket and I hate having to dig around for my phone. For the days I don’t need the phone handy, it will fit a 12oz. Waster bottle.
    Posted:
    slide13 wrote:

NixLix26 wrote:

They provide the image after you tell them what you want, nice to be able to confirm visually that they are interpreting your description of what you want correctly and just nice to see what it will look like in the end.

Agreed that the mock up is great for visualizing the bag. Nick was awesome in helping put this together. I was actually still in research mode and sent him an email with a description of what I was thinking and a couple of questions. The next day he responded with the first draft of the mock up and I loved it so much the research was over and I ordered that day.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Pwood28 wrote:

jt2gt wrote:

Pwood28 wrote:

The accessory pocket will actually be used for my cell phone. I’d prefer to leave in the car, but unfortunately 90% of the time I am able to get out I need to have easy access to my phone. Things get a little cozy in the front pocket and I hate having to dig around for my phone. For the days I don’t need the phone handy, it will fit a 12oz. Waster bottle.

Cool idea...with a one pocket it does get a bit cramped in there. I usually have cell in a larger pouch or just loose in pocket. So....that means the D-ring by the handle is probably for rangefinder?
    Posted:
  • A_G GolfA_G Golf  91WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 91
    They're nice, just like the Jones golf bags, so I might end up getting one from each company haha. Golf's an expensive hobby....
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 LST, Hzurdus Yellow
    3- Wood: Cobra F8+, Hzurdus Black
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, KBS Tour C-Taper X 130
    Wedges: Titiliest SM6 50* and 60*, Taylormade Spin Milled 56*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB1 (SummerLovin)
    jt2gt wrote:

Pwood28 wrote:

jt2gt wrote:

Pwood28 wrote:

Cool idea...with a one pocket it does get a bit cramped in there. I usually have cell in a larger pouch or just loose in pocket. So....that means the D-ring by the handle is probably for rangefinder?

Exactly...My Bushnell has a pouch with a carabiner on it. Right not I hook it to the top strap attachment ring, but it get's tangled up with the strap occasionally, so I'm looking forward to the D-ring option.
    Posted:
    I'm excited for the d-ring too!

I have a rangefinder but never really warmed to it, preferring an app on my phone for GPS yardage. But I think I'm going to use it to hold a pouch for my sunglasses. I have a tendency to put on and take off my sunglasses a lot during a round. The glasses I wear never stay put on top of my hat during a swing so it's nice to have a place to stick them quickly and easily. We'll see how it shakes out, but I can imagine that d-ring coming in handy for any number of things.
    Posted:
    slide13 wrote:

I'm excited for the d-ring too!

I have a rangefinder but never really warmed to it, preferring an app on my phone for GPS yardage. But I think I'm going to use it to hold a pouch for my sunglasses. I have a tendency to put on and take off my sunglasses a lot during a round. The glasses I wear never stay put on top of my hat during a swing so it's nice to have a place to stick them quickly and easily. We'll see how it shakes out, but I can imagine that d-ring coming in handy for any number of things.

Agreed. I think I'd recommend the D-ring to anybody building a bag, even if they don't have a current plan for it. You never how you're going to want to get organized in the future.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Mackenzie delivers again, I love this new bag. They said it would be ready mid February and it was delivered on 2/14, love when companies hit deadlines.

7” Sunday ballistic walker in grey nylon with cream and navy leather trim. Added the D ring and tweaked the trim colors to get a little more of the navy accent color in there. My other Mack is all navy and so many of my headcovers where picked with that color in mind so this lets things match both...plus I just like navy for my golf bags.

Couldn’t be happier with how this turned out, super excited to get it out on course.
    Posted:
    Looks great, bud. So its 7 inch with one pocket. Sounds about perfect. What do you think about fitting 14 in it?
    Posted:
    jt2gt wrote:

Looks great, bud. So its 7 inch with one pocket. Sounds about perfect. What do you think about fitting 14 in it?

Yep, 7” one pocket. My other is 8” two pocket.

I’ve heard 14 can fit in this, I can’t imagine doing it myself however, I think it’d be too tight. Especially with my midsize grips. I like to play with 7 or 8 though and for that it’ll be perfect. I doubt it’ll every carry more than 8 or 9 clubs, for that I’d got to my 8” one for sure.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Looks great man! Mine is supposed to ship out next week, this is getting me even more excited.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.