NEW golf shoes!!!!!

sfagolfjp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='sfagolfjp' date='18 February 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1266549668' post='2261489']
lol... nothing wrong with being comfortable on the course.... I think they look great... like the title says, not for traditionalists... guess I should have put not for eyes over 30 years old.... kids are gonna lov'em
[/quote]

I don't know. I'm 24 and think those are horrendous looking. Golf courses are "the streets".

[quote name='madmaclive' date='18 February 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1266550380' post='2261522']
[quote name='sfagolfjp' date='18 February 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1266549668' post='2261489']
lol... nothing wrong with being comfortable on the course.... I think they look great... like the title says, not for traditionalists... guess I should have put not for eyes over 30 years old.... kids are gonna lov'em
[/quote]

I don't know. I'm 24 and think those are horrendous looking. Golf courses are "the streets".
[/quote]

everyone has their own style.... to each his own... I know I am just tired of seeing golf style go the way of Steve Stricker or Vijay Singh.... I'm not talking about going to a sloppy way of dressing ( untucked shirt, backwards hat, and cargo shorts are a no-no), just not so traditional ( big baggy shirts, pleated baggy Dockers, and dress shoes with spikes in them) MY OPINION

[quote name='sfagolfjp' date='18 February 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1266550838' post='2261545']
[quote name='madmaclive' date='18 February 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1266550380' post='2261522']
[/quote]

[/quote]

everyone has their own style.... to each his own... I know I am just tired of seeing golf style go the way of Steve Stricker or Vijay Singh.... I'm not talking about going to a sloppy way of dressing ( untucked shirt, backwards hat, and cargo shorts are a no-no), just not so traditional ( big baggy shirts, pleated baggy Dockers, and dress shoes with spikes in them) MY OPINION
[/quote]

I absolutely agree with you about Stricker and Singh and the seemingly "stuffy" clothing selection. I personally just think that these types of shoes inherently go along with that sort of sloppy style. I'm sure there are very, very few of us that want to see some skaters in jeans, t-shirts, and these shoes on any course that we go to. My view of these shoes is that they stereotypically go along with that untucked shirt, backwards hat, and cargo shorts look. To each their own, but I can't see anyone at my country club or any a tournament that I'm playing in wearing anything remotely resembling these shoes.

[quote name='madmaclive' date='18 February 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1266551607' post='2261575']
[quote name='sfagolfjp' date='18 February 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1266550838' post='2261545']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I absolutely agree with you about Stricker and Singh and the seemingly "stuffy" clothing selection. I personally just think that these types of shoes inherently go along with that sort of sloppy style. I'm sure there are very, very few of us that want to see some skaters in jeans, t-shirts, and these shoes on any course that we go to. My view of these shoes is that they stereotypically go along with that untucked shirt, backwards hat, and cargo shorts look. To each their own, but I can't see anyone at my country club or any a tournament that I'm playing in wearing anything remotely resembling these shoes.
[/quote]

Maybe that is the problem... the country club mentality... what if a guy wearing these shoes came in and played in your club championship and beat everyone by 5 shots... what would you think about the shoes belonging on a golf course then? I understand your point entirely, but the attitude that I am better than you because I dress better needs to go away... as long as a person acts respectful toward the game and the other players playing it, and treats the course with respect, that person is OK with me

[quote name='drewlbk5231' date='18 February 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1266552931' post='2261629']
I'm 17 years old and these are the worst looking golf shoes Ive ever seen. Might as well wear some skinny jeans with them and a skateboarding shirt. Just not classy at all
[/quote]

how about a pair of slim fit dress pants and a tailored fit golf shirt... and maybe a sweater vest over that.... just made it classy... USE YOUR IMAGINATION... all you guys see is punk... there are ways to make it work

[quote name='sfagolfjp' date='18 February 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1266552282' post='2261605']
[quote name='madmaclive' date='18 February 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1266551607' post='2261575']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe that is the problem... the country club mentality... what if a guy wearing these shoes came in and played in your club championship and beat everyone by 5 shots... what would you think about the shoes belonging on a golf course then? I understand your point entirely, but the attitude that I am better than you because I dress better needs to go away... as long as a person acts respectful toward the game and the other players playing it, and treats the course with respect, that person is OK with me
[/quote]

Part of the problem is the many different ways that style and the person wearing a certain style can be perceived. My personal opinion is that dress reflects attitude and respect. Yes, style is subjective. Yes, it is reflective of the individual and is very personal. I guess my background skews my viewpoint. I just hope serious and elite golfers don't go to this look, it just looks cheap to me. I'm all for fashion-forward thinking and products and flash, but I personally just don't see them as classy (just like drewlbk5231 said), and golf is a classy game.

Who are they trying to sell to? Most skaters wouldn't be caught dead on a golf course and most golfers don't want to look like skaters.

This is what's called a solution to a non-existant problem.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Next thing is pants below the undies, hat turned to the side. "

PANTS ON THE FAIRWAY
PANTS ON THE ROUGH
LOOKIN LIKE A FOOL
TRYIN TO BE TOUGH
HITTING IN THE TREES
NOT USIN TEES
USIN A DRIVER
7 DEGREES
GET YOUR PANTS OFF THE FAIRWAYS
THROW THOSE BOARD SHOES AWAY
POINT YOUR HAT STRAIGHT AHEAD
DRESS LIKE STRICKER OR VJAY!

Next thing is pants below the undies, hat turned to the side. "

PANTS ON THE FAIRWAY

PANTS ON THE ROUGH

LOOKIN LIKE A FOOL

TRYIN TO BE TOUGH

HITTING IN THE TREES

NOT USIN TEES

USIN A DRIVER

7 DEGREES

GET YOUR PANTS OFF THE FAIRWAYS

THROW THOSE BOARD SHOES AWAY

POINT YOUR HAT STRAIGHT AHEAD

DRESS LIKE STRICKER OR VJAY!

So good.laugh.gif

"HITTING IN THE TREES

NOT USIN TEES

USIN A DRIVER

7 DEGREES"

Gets me every time I read it.

[/quote]
Part of the problem is the many different ways that style and the person wearing a certain style can be perceived. My personal opinion is that dress reflects attitude and respect. Yes, style is subjective. Yes, it is reflective of the individual and is very personal. I guess my background skews my viewpoint. I just hope serious and elite golfers don't go to this look, it just looks cheap to me. I'm all for fashion-forward thinking and products and flash, but I personally just don't see them as classy (just like drewlbk5231 said), and golf is a classy game.
[/quote]

It wasn't that long ago that the "elite" players who looked "classy" were wearing wingtips and shoes with the little flappy things over the laces. Athletic style golf shoes would have been deemed totally inappropriate for the golf course. Not any more. Before that knickers were appropriate attire and before that it was a jacket and a tie. Appropriate attire has been evolving for the last 100+ years. Do we just finally have it right with the flat front khakis, 3 button shirts, and saddle shoes? I'm guessing that 75 years from now people will look back at what is now traditional golf attire and think "I can't believe they wore THAT to play golf". Times change and so does fashion, and thus "appropriate" attire. Who are you to judge what I deem appropriate attire? Who am I to judge what other people want to wear when they PLAY golf. We're talking about walking around outside, on the grass, smacking a ball with a stick. How rigid of a dress code do we really need for that? Tennis players no longer wear all white, or long pants, or ties. Snow skiers no longer wear all black jumpsuits. FWIW I'm in my mid-fifties and have been playing since I was in my teens. I play at muni's, resort courses and country clubs. I would have no problem wearing those shoes if they were comfortable and got the job done. Just my .02

dress for the occasion.

when i used to be a skater, there was a certain type of 'style' that one would wear. you would never for example, wear dress pants and button down to skate...it just isn't done. likewise, as a snowboarder, one would never dress like a skier....so why is it that one can change this for golf?? as a golfer, one should dress along the accepted 'styles'...

someone asked- what if a guy dresses like this, and shoots a -5....as long as a person respects the game, then it should be ok. i contest that dressing like you're playing golf IS part of the respect for the game.

Unless they come with a two year minimum, unlimited [u]waterproof[/u] warranty, I will not go ANYWHERE near them.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I would totally rock them, I will have a nice pair of classics also but they (skater punk golf shoes) would fit my style, I was the typical country club kid growing up. But now after six years in the army and a tip to Iraq and one to Afghanistan I am all about bringing a new look to the course. BTW after a 5 year layoff I'm still a 2 handicap and I can throw up some low numbers from time to time. So if you see a 6'2" guy with a short hair cut and ALOT of ink, with skater punk shoes, in the northern KY southern IN area, go ahead and think I don't belong I will gladly take your money on the course all day long. I think I have earned the right to wear what I want to on the golf course I don't need or want to "look" the part. I can gladly back that up in the country club parking lot after.

[size=3][font=georgia,serif]WITB:
Driver: TM ,(17) M1 8.5* /HZDRUS T1100 (High Draw neutral)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]FW: TM, (17) M1 3HL /GD DI 6x (Draw Open)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]IRONS: TM, 3 UDI/ Nventix Nunchuck [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]4-9 RSI TP/ Recoil Proto F5 [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Wedges: TM TP EF, 47* 52*/ Recoil Proto F5 [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Fourteen, RM 22 58*/ Recoil Proto Wedge [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Putter: Both Counterbalanced/ either Nike BB01 or TM DJ spider [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Ball: TM TP5X[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]MISC: Big time thank you to @thepeoplesclubs.com/ thepeoplesclubs.com is the only thing I can say for sure will not leave my bag anytime soon.[/font][/size]

I am 35 and used to be an avid skateboarder. It is all I did from age 10-25. I wore Vans and the like in the 80's when they weren't popular. I think the shoes look fine, but I do not like them as a golf shoe at all. They will definitely draw attention on a course. If your game is awesome, things will probably be left unsaid. Golf can be a very individual sport and I think that is why you will find some x-skateboarders turn into golfers. Don't get me wrong, I love team sports, but a lot of skaters do not.

Mr. Wolfe

It's funny how defensive people get about the skate shoe look. That people not liking it is wrong and judgemental. Seriously?

So if I show up at the neighborhood halfpipe wearing bermuda shorts, a crisp polo and a pair of patent leather wingtips I will have no issue of credibility at all? I will be instantly welcomed and treated as one of your own? You wouldn't even expect me to switch shoes before dropping in?

If you're out riding your Hayabusa and comparing fresh ink with your buddies, and someone comes rolling up on a baby blue Honda spree from 1986 wearing a bow tie, you going to instantly say, "Hey you can ride with us! Let's go. Welcome to our group"

Aside from the light fluff of whether or not shoes look cool. Paul, thanks for serving our country it's a great and honorable thing to do. You are more than welcome to play any course I'm on regardless of your shoes, bow tie, or 2 handicap. I'll be the one dressed conservatively, looking for my ball in the woods.

[quote name='paul.smoot' date='19 February 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1266586534' post='2262055']
I would totally rock them, I will have a nice pair of classics also but they (skater punk golf shoes) would fit my style, I was the typical country club kid growing up. But now after six years in the army and a tip to Iraq and one to Afghanistan I am all about bringing a new look to the course. BTW after a 5 year layoff I'm still a 2 handicap and I can throw up some low numbers from time to time. So if you see a 6'2" guy with a short hair cut and ALOT of ink, with skater punk shoes, in the northern KY southern IN area, go ahead and think I don't belong I will gladly take your money on the course all day long. I think I have earned the right to wear what I want to on the golf course I don't need or want to "look" the part. I can gladly back that up in the country club parking lot after.
[/quote]

~ yawn ~

It's a wonderful thing that you served your country. Many others of us before you have done the same. Doing so should've also taught you a little about respect for tradition. I think you may have missed that part.

I think your comment about how you "can gladly back that up" in a little immature and childish, particularly for someone with your background. As an ex Navy seal, I think you should be more careful in the parking lot of the country club. You never know who you might run into wearing traditional style golf attire.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='albatrosser' date='19 February 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1266587847' post='2262086']
[quote name='paul.smoot' date='19 February 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1266586534' post='2262055']
[/quote]

~ yawn ~

It's a wonderful thing that you served your country. Many others of us before you have done the same. Doing so should've also taught you a little about respect for tradition. I think you may have missed that part.

I think your comment about how you "can gladly back that up" in a little immature and childish, particularly for someone with your background. As an ex Navy seal, I think you should be more careful in the parking lot of the country club. You never know who you might run into wearing traditional style golf attire.
[/quote]

I will be the 5' 6" bald guy in the parking lot filming this. (cool) j/k

Mr. Wolfe

[quote name='Mr. Wolfe' date='19 February 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1266588990' post='2262114']
[quote name='albatrosser' date='19 February 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1266587847' post='2262086']
[/quote]

~ yawn ~

[/quote]

I will be the 5' 6" bald guy in the parking lot filming this. (cool) j/k

Mr. Wolfe
[/quote]

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
Mr. Wolfe, that literally made me spit my morning coffee on my laptop screen.

Its not that I think I am supper tough or something, I'm not afraid to get pounded in the parking lot either....... but I don't see the issue with having skater punk golf shoes. I think it will help the game by bringing more people that would normaly not be interested in golf because of the sterotype golf gets as being a stuffy eletist sport. I am all about tradition, I have alot of respect for it. The traditions in golf that need to be carried on are; that it is and will always be a gentalmans game, the only sport where you can call a penelty on yourself, simple things like letting faster groups play through, fixing ball marks, raking sand traps ect. Tradition with fashon I dont think is as important. For private clubs it is up to them to set what ever dress code standards they wish, but that is why they are private clubs.

But trust me I dont really look right as it is with my full sleave on one arm going up to my neck, in "traditional" golf attire. Maybe I came off a little strong, but frankly I get a little offended when I got to a new course and I am treated differently because of the fact I have "Ink". I can understand why, but it still pisses me off even though I am in "traditional golf Attire". Mr Navy Seal I am sorry if I offended you but I think you missed my point. I will never fit back into the status quoe for traditional golf wich I am fine with. The immature and childish part is the sterotype that I deal with on a daily basis. Maybe I have anger issue I dont know................................ I'm just a dumb grunt.

[size=3][font=georgia,serif]FW: TM, (17) M1 3HL /GD DI 6x (Draw Open)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Wedges: TM TP EF, 47* 52*/ Recoil Proto F5 [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Fourteen, RM 22 58*/ Recoil Proto Wedge [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Putter: Both Counterbalanced/ either Nike BB01 or TM DJ spider [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]MISC: Big time thank you to @thepeoplesclubs.com/ thepeoplesclubs.com is the only thing I can say for sure will not leave my bag anytime soon.[/font][/size]

Soo bring on the camera Mr Wolfe, it would be a honor for this dumb grunt to get pounded by a ex Navy Seal. The Army doesnt make us smart, but the do make us strong........ "Army Strong".

I have no problem with your sleeve. None. I personally wouldn't do it to that extent, but that's me. I too have some ink AND I'm not done. Each of mine are something that means something to me (the most precious a tat done in memory of an 18 y/o son that was taken from me). Because of spending so much time in corporate America however, none of mine show unless I'm without a shirt, or with a sleeveless shirt on. Both are situations that never happen on the course. I'm also quite sure it's irritating as hell having someone turn their nose up at you because of your ink. No one wants to be sterotyped.

Personally I think the shoes are hideous whether for golf or for skating. And yes, I'm just as guilty as the next guy in that if I see someone wearing those shoes, I'll immediately be looking for bagging, sagging pants/shorts, unkempt hair, and someone who doesn't have a clue as to how to fix a ball mark. I hope I'm wrong of course, but I'll also be the first guy to go up to the offending party and tell them about it in a heartbeat.

Again, a big salute to you for serving your country. You would be welcome at my course any time. We're all "grunts" at heart.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3